Child Contact

Child Contact

Postby BeWitched on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Discuss all issues relevant to contact with your child/ren.
"Once a King always a King - but once a Knight's enough"
BeWitched

Re: Child Contact

Postby Daveyone on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:21 am

:? Perhaps the question I would pose here is one I tried in the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/chat/ ... eadIndex=1
How do you rekindle a relationship with your own children that you have not seen for 18 months? :roll: :roll:
Daveyone

Postby The Rooster on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 am

A child can be manipulated to believe anything you want it to, just re-inforce it often enough and it is believed.

There is definately the possibility that your children suffer from parental alienation inflicted upon them by your ex and her associates, given the length of time your contact has been removed.

The only way to deal with it is observation and benevolent dis-interest: difficult for most of us to do. But then you have the child see that what has been told differs from their experience.

Then they can decide, if they havent been too damaged, for themselves.
The Rooster

Postby Daveyone on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 am

Yes, my benevolent dis-interest (didn't realise thats what it was :D ) comes via the school(s) after no contact for 18 monthsI get a note from my youngests asking for £220 for a wi fi hrm :? but at least he is top of the class! On the other hand my eldest has sliped a grade in his second year at secondary school so having consulted 14 teachers and head of years I believe he needs a boost of confidence and encouragemnet in other things such as sports and the arts so have suggested he plays Cricket this summer as he is good at it and although he is quite musical have just been asked by the school if he can take drum lessons is this his form of anger management or could it just help hin through his core subjects!?! :?
Daveyone

Return to Separation / Divorce