Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next>1,043 - 994 Comments +Add Yours Over 928,354 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Paul from Qld, Aus on February 12, 2016 @ 5:10 pm
    Has anyone actually tested a departure prohibition order? What powers do border protection have to prohibit you leaving and if they can stop you why the $10k fine.
    By: Jason Miles from Western Australia, Australia on February 12, 2016 @ 2:39 pm
    my experience has been there is no silver bullet in combating paying child support, save having residence, being broke and assetless, not contracting with CSA as a third party or of course be dead.... and I in no way suggest the latter. I finally settled fam crt proceedings after about 11yrs by replacing a CSA debt of about $10,000 the mother had to me in exchange for an agreement for her to give the kids $1,500 and $1,000 a piece. Of course the mother never paid the kids a cent, even a decade on... Sadly, agreements are only as good as the word of those supposedly honouring any such agreement....people ...hmmm
    By: linda from qd, australia on February 9, 2016 @ 9:51 am
    we would like to know where the money for kids goes as my husband pay child support of 900 per fortnight we get letters off his ex wanting us to pay for haircuts shoes uniforms school fees school books and putting in to chid maintenance for more money wants the kids gone by 3 pm when the school hoidays start and then only wants them back the day before school starts but wont have the maintenance changed when we have the kids on holiday doesn't sound ike she wants the kids around only the money at wits end
    1040. By: Daveyone from Hertfordshire, United Kingdom on February 4, 2016 @ 2:47 pm
    The Australian Government, CSA and family courts: We demand that the Australian Government abide by the constitution of Aus. SIGN HERE;
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on February 2, 2016 @ 8:20 pm
    has anyone here appealed a decision of the AAT through to the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court ??
    By: Mick from Victoria, Australia on February 2, 2016 @ 3:18 pm
    Absolutely Kris it's all fraud. If i had my time over with CSA I would not contract with them. No assessment and No benefit ..zilch. Any alleged debt would be null and void from the start. Another problem is those primary carers (typically mums) who seek to derive a Centrelink benefit must apply for child support. They often have no choice, even if they did not want child support from their ex. It's a twisted system so I say either don't contract with it and form any type of agreement, OR give them your terms and fee schedule where your charges could easily outweigh any BS child support fictional debt. Keep focused on your kids and ensure any money or support you give goes directly to the benefit of the kids. Fuck the system, it's a useless and broken theft machine!!!!
    By: Kris from Nsw, Australia on February 1, 2016 @ 10:38 pm
    Hi to all paying parents. Csa/family flaw multi billion dollar racket , destroying families and creating the new"stolen generation" and creating"domestic violence". All this complaining , remember it will NEVER change in this country.
    No TV station will help you they're all part of the same evil. All this "deadbeat fathers" and political correctness/ homo agenda is all a govtard maggot psyops. All designed to destroy family's /morals/faith. They can tell you tomorrow's weather and economic forecasts and trends, but the can't see people committing suicide , children stolen, people killing each other ,year after year, for what??? Because of unequal rights given to one parent over the other, that's is why. You want ACA ? They report on more important issues like marriage equality. So don't bother with those maggots. Tune out from this social engineering. Don't drink , don't play up,don't take drugs, to get through.
    Stay strong and healthy cause you will need to be to get through this. Your life will always be harder from now on. Cause the system wants to destroy you.
    Just ask the 21 fathers who comitt suicide each weak or the women who are killed, ask yourself a question , who benifits from this???.
    By: Byron from Vic, Au on January 29, 2016 @ 11:45 pm
    @PW ACA will not present stories that could discredit government agencies, they need the government on their side. That's the reason they continually air stories on deadbeat dads.

    Maybe if we flood them with stories from multiple people, we could temp them, nothing to loose
    By: PW from QLD, Australia on January 29, 2016 @ 6:48 pm
    I hear everyone's pain, being the victim of the system that judged by the gender not the case. I know men who tried to present the case with facts and documents to CSA but were totally ignored, just because the women in CSA think men is always at wrong (I am sure most of the time it was a female who picked up your call or talked to you at the counter). I am a female but I don't think all women are angel and men are devil. There are many ex-wives who make use of the loopholes and earn themselves a fortune from FBT and Child Support.
    Maybe someone who has a genuine case can present it to Current Affairs or similar tv program. Government agencies need some pressure from the media to take action.
    By: Jenny from Victoria, Australia on January 29, 2016 @ 8:32 pm
    Hello Junals,

    I would suggest that is way more legitimate than the CSA itself. CSA actions are beggar belief! How anyone who works for them can lay straight in bed at night. The human misery they cause way outweighs their purpose.

    By: james from SA, Australia on January 29, 2016 @ 6:42 pm
    HI, I have been separated from over 2 years now. My child support was originally set at $360 per month which I found easy to pay. My wage that year was around 50000. The following year my wage increased to around 70000, but my child support doubled to $650 month. 2 months later my child turned 13 and my child support nearly tripled to $870 month. My wage never doubled or tripled, so can anyone tell me how this is fair and what can I do to lower my payments. I've tried every avenue through Child support but to no avail. Child support don't care. I cant have my boy extra times as I am a shift worker and when I try and get him extra time she appears to get in his ear and convince him it would be better if he spent school nights at home. I am struggling to live on the money I have left now. Am I being unreasonable to think I'm paying to much??. Mean while the mother has a new house and renovated it and is going on holidays whilst I'm still renting a unit and abused when I spend money on my child to take him camping because I'm spending money I cant afford, money I should be spending on extra things she wants for him. I' agree with paying child support but this ridiculous. I an at my wits end and don't know what to do. Any suggestions please??
    By: richard from wa, australia on January 28, 2016 @ 4:54 pm
    Hi carrol from hamilton

    NZ taxes you from the year before so it can take time to reduce the taxes however if you contract as a company to an employer you can move your income into other places than just your personal accounts.
    IRd cannot rape a companies bank accounts
    By: WENDY from NSW, Australia on January 28, 2016 @ 11:45 am
    Hi,I am my partners representative as he gets too frustrated talking to CSA. I had a win the other day. His ex has kept his daughter (but we still have the son) therefore she has been in contravention of the orders. The ex then went and changed the care with Centrelink therefore changing the care with CSA. This had increased the payments per fortnight by CSA to a ridiculous amount even though there was a locked assessment in place that runs out in June 2016. But apparently with Centrelink when you are in contravention you cannot change the care arrangements. Now the ex has to pay back all the money she got from Centrelink for the contravention period, which is ongoing. I just now have to get CSA to do the same, but the problem is they go on actual care. Wish me luck!
    1030. By: Junals from Vic, Australia on January 28, 2016 @ 8:09 am
    Hi I just want to ask If this is legitimate? I've read a comment here suggesting this agency.
    By: Carrol from Hamilton, New Zealand on January 27, 2016 @ 11:30 pm
    Hi There can anyone tell me if there are any Tax consultants in Perth who deal with New Zealand fathers living in Perth and paying Maintence for a child in New Zealand
    The Payment goes through IRD .Also any advice regarding tax for child support.
    By: scott from New South Wales, Australia on January 27, 2016 @ 4:51 pm
    Hi all can any please tell me who i can see in nsw about my ex taking the kids out of state to live, have tried some people but seem to be a lot of toothless tigers out there they dont want to help must
    By: Lander from QLD, Australia on January 25, 2016 @ 4:36 pm
    CSA arent exactly truth tellers sarah! of course they will say "tax must be done" but its great news you got a satisfactory result. good luck getting the bonus set aside when the ex sees his annual taxable income figure.

    In my experience, my saving grace was that i had NOT paid. I lodged my 2011 to 2014 tax returns only recently and it was only because i hadnt paid that the debt was written off. If the money had gone to my ex then they say well she has spent the money so its too bad no credit back to you. incurring a debt is nothing to fear. it costs nothing and keeps the ball in your court.

    My second saving grace was because i had delayed my 2007 tax lodgement also, it meant that my "capacity to earn" could not be considered for other income years. in 2007 i earned $160k and in any other year my income is $50-$90k. so if my 2007 was lodged on time then they have the right to set my assessment for every year at $160k. you may benefit from some professional advice if you choose that path. perhaps a court order for a set amount? rather than leaving it in CSA's hands to rape and pillage you. all the best
    By: Sarah from WA, Australia on January 25, 2016 @ 1:38 pm
    Hi All, Just got off the phone to CSA and thought I'd share the information i received. Tax must be done and as we have just moved to direct collection (after 13 years of private arrangement) we will only have to back pay the extra for 3 months (we can ask to have the bonus kept out of the assessment as it was a one off but she can decline this). Even if you do your tax after they child turns 18 you will still incur a debt.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 25, 2016 @ 12:25 pm
    Sarah - be careful following Lander's advice

    as an employee, the CSA will just derive your husband's income from ATO information, then use his gross, less any tax, to arrive at an assessable income. This means you will NOT get the benefit of any deductions / write downs etc. If you lodge late, it is deemed to be your fault, so you will not receive any benefits from it, that is a lowering of the income at some later date.

    Secondly and importantly, waiting until after the kids are 18 before lodging does NOT assist. The CSA will back date this to the assessments, and you may have debt created.

    do not heed any advice that tells you to NOT pay or AVOID paying. Pay what they say, and lodge objections if necessary.
    By: Sarah from WA, Australia on January 25, 2016 @ 10:01 am
    Hi Lander, Thanks for that. Tax is withheld by his employer as for refunds its hit and miss some years he might get $1000 return other years it might be a small bill. Is there no recourse once the case is closed? Frankly we's be much better off paying a pentalty to the ATO then the increase in CS due to the bonus. I need to say that we are not trying to screw anyone out of anything here we just want some fairness and $1300 per month for a 17 year old who spends 50% of his time at our house is excessive.
    By: Lander from QLD, Australia on January 25, 2016 @ 11:03 am
    Hi Sarah, is your husband expecting a refund? i.e. has tax already been withheld on his wages & bonus etc - if so, do NOT lodge his tax return any time soon. there is no penalty for late lodgement if your return is a refund. if you are not sure, i can do a quick calc for you. only lodge the return when required ie finance application etc - hopefully this will be after the child turns 18 and the file is closed.
    By: Tony L from NSW, Aus on January 24, 2016 @ 8:37 pm
    Mel from Vic, I could not agree with you more. The Child Support Agency and Centerlink just exacerbate the family breakdown. A horrible situation is just made worse by the government. I have heard that the CSA costs more to administer than what they ever recover from their victims.
    The real victims, unfortunately, are the children who have to endure another platform of stress and anxiety thrust onto their estranged parents.
    By: jenny from Victoria, Australia on January 24, 2016 @ 6:27 pm
    Hi Mel, I agree the system is was reported in the media the other day someone commenting that we are leaning more and more towards a police state. My family came to this country (On the top deck of a ship) from England in 1813 (ie over 200 years ago). I have lost my medicare card and went to apply for a new one, because I hadn't used it for 10 years I now have to "prove" I am an Australian citizen! I might add I was the only obviously Caucasian person in the building at the time!
    As to having to force your ex partner to pay the CSA....tell'em it was a 1 night stand in Paris after a big night at the pub and you have no idea who or where he is!
    Someone referred to this mob as being like Hitler! Way to soft I think that this is the training ground for the humaless idiots reaking terror all around the world!
    1020. By: Sarah from WA, Australia on January 24, 2016 @ 1:21 pm
    After some advice please (after my vent)... We have always had a private arrangement with my husbands ex, each year we would increase the amount we also have both kids (19 & 17) on top private health cover and pay for other expenses. The 17 year old finished school in Oct 15 and in December started working full time earning about $550 per week and just as importantly started living with us during the week and back at his mothers every other weekend. We contacted CSA to tak about our options and they advised that until he is 18 they cannot close the case but we can appeal having to pay as the 17 year old is now making money and they also changed the level of care. We then contacted the ex and explained that due to the change in earning and living circumstances we would no longer be paying child support. She works a couple of hours a week and as the child support impacts her family tax beneft she lost the plot and told us that we are screwing her (she doesnt want to work full time, never has). She told CSA that she has 17 year old 79% and told centrelink that she has him 95% of the time, she also opted for a direct collection and to be backpaid the full amount for the previous 3 months so we've received a bill for the last three months and a new assessment going forward (clearly we will dispute level of care). The 17 year old lost his job and so we will have to start paying again... my concern is that we have not done my husbands tax from last year (he received a sizable bonus), when we do his tax will be have to back pay the new assessment amount? Apparently $200,000 over 13 years just isnt enough for her.
    By: Dave Mills from Sydney NSW, Australia on January 24, 2016 @ 1:36 pm
    Tony - "CSA in Australia should be held accountable for the suicides"
    I totally agree with your comment Tony and other comments I have read here.
    Australia does need some sort of national recognition to shame this currupt agency that pushes people into such stress and depression that finally leads to suicide.

    We need to get the message out to all our brothers, sons, all men really to beware of the evil system that lurks behind one night of making love.

    One night of entrapment or deception can ruin your life forever. Ask yourselves is it worth your life to bring another into the world?

    (Note: Beware condoms do not work if the woman wants a child, conception by deception rules are legal.
    By: Mel from Vic, Aus on January 23, 2016 @ 11:13 pm
    I was advised by centrelink I HAD to apply for child support otherwise I would not be eligible for a parenting payment after having baby, that is a joke. As if t Whoever said it's a business is correct, these bustards want to rip us all And contractually try to hind us by their laws, it's all If the unemployed fckwit has/would ever pay anyway? Full of policies and procedures tha are asking our time and keeping them comfortable. If the other parent wants to put in for their kid they'll make it happen. If they don't, u make it happen without. I agree with avoiding these prices at all costs. It's not all women who are so savage either guys, some men are fucking cold and simply never bat an eyelid.
    By: Tony Leape from NSW, Australia on January 23, 2016 @ 3:50 pm
    The CSA in Australia should be held accountable for the suicides of the decent men that were stripped of their dignity in the most vulnerable time of their lives. Stand tall and fight this any way you can.
    By: robin from nsw, australia on January 23, 2016 @ 9:58 am
    ex happy dad
    you pay $36 a day for 1 kid hell Im a mum and i get $1.075 a day for 1 14yr old and $1.095 for a 8 yr old and yer my x ownes his own bussiness so he doesnt have to pay at all as csa have told me they cant get money from a ABN holder cause he doesnt have a income the business does
    By: MI from nt, australia on January 22, 2016 @ 3:10 pm
    So as a general comment on csa family courts dcp icl and all other 'Government folks'the mother removes the kids breach of ords the courts do jack shit the kids now hate me and the csa hits me with a dpo ...and yes the kids the mum the court the dcp and all others want me to pay .....well let me just say this...bdhsgbnskkennd amamjdhdgendnedrct and then as a result ofebdvdwkb then things might change
    By: Ex Hapy Dad from Queensland, Australia on January 22, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
    Thanks for the reply, no court orders, no arrears, I am what the CSA term a compliant payer :-) I get that if I don't have him over it should be more and I would expect that the rate I was paying would be increased by the 2 days of extra care. Started with 432 the ex gets for 12 nights care 432 / 12 = 36 per day and based on 36 per day I would expect the number to increase to 36 x 14 = 504, instead it went up to 641, the CSA calculator supports the numbers but the question still remains, why. What explanation is there to explain why it costs 141 dollars more for 2 days care. I suspect that the logic they apply to this works backwards from the full amount. Lets say the full amount is 641, if he stays over I am compensated for the days care as well as having a room and bed for him etc.
    By: robin from nsw, australia on January 22, 2016 @ 1:28 pm
    ex happy dad
    csa go on how many nights u have your kid if u dont have him at all eg over night care = more than 110 nights/days a yr then u will have to pay extra BUT why are you paying half of his school fees csa payments should be paying for it not you also health funds csa payment should be used for that as well
    So dont pay for anything extra and dont agree to pay extra even if the x goes after it say NO also if you have any court orders about what you should be paying for cost of care and all the extras you are paying for now are not in it send them a copy that way they cant get any thing more from you
    By: Ex Happy Dad from QLD, Australia on January 22, 2016 @ 10:25 am
    Hoping someone can explain this to me, no joy with CSA. I was paying 432 fortnight for 1 teenage boy, 2 nights care fortnight. My son decided he didn't want to stay over anymore cause he had all his things at home, no sweat we still hang out alot, he just doesn't stay over. Then I get a re-assesment from the CSA for 641 fortnight. The math does not seem right, 432 / 12 = 36 per day. 641 / 14 = 45 per day. Why is there a $9 a day increase for 0 days care. Seems like it is some kind of financial penalty for not having my son staying over, since it is not my decision, how is this fair. On top of this I pay for his health insurance and half his private school fees which is not part of the CSA assessment, so am seriously considering not paying the school fees as it works out to roughly the difference. Thoughts?
    By: richard from wa, australia on January 21, 2016 @ 8:44 am
    Hi Linda from vic
    please send me your email and I will pass it on to him so he can contact you directly.
    1010. By: linda from Victoria, Australia on January 21, 2016 @ 10:26 am
    Hi richard from WA, I would very much like to have some help from your ex CSA agent. Am feeling very lost and abused with this system.
    By: richard from wa, australia on January 20, 2016 @ 10:25 am
    Hi all
    I know a guy who used to work in CSA who has become my agent. he has very reasonable charges and will guide you through the nightmare of these stupid laws and offer good advice. Whenever I have contacted CSA I just get abused by some uppity woman who quite possibly is a lesbian and I am treated very much like a criminal. So it has been a lot less stressful to have a third party talk to these ignorant people and it stops that feeling of helplessness and anger when you get off the phone to CSA.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 20, 2016 @ 9:43 am

    I have had a number of telephone conversations with different persons on this site and have also met up with another.

    It's not always advice - but I will provide guidance to those about to go through processes that I have recently been through - objection to CSA, Objecting to AAT etc ...

    sick of getting beaten down by the system, so would like to see it "leveled out" .. if I can make a process a bit easier for someone to navigate, or to prepare for .. then happy to assist.
    By: Kel from Nsw, Aust on January 20, 2016 @ 11:44 am
    Wow Oscar,
    Awesome bitch and whinge you just had.
    Who did help with that sound advice you just posted?
    Good one!
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 20, 2016 @ 8:31 am
    the system doesn't, and will not, change while all you all do is just 'bitch' about it.

    I do not see much "assistance", or "suggestion" on here - but I see post after post of "the system does me wrong" or "the Nazis are in control" ..

    grow up

    start providing constructive assistance to each other so the system starts to get beaten - and will have to change

    grow up

    provide suggestions and solutions in the hope that someone on here has a contact to the Senate / government, or becomes a member and can start to do something about it ..

    grow up - else crawl back into your shallow holes in the shadows and whinge to yourself.

    I came on here hoping to help others and to seek guidance. I have received NO guidance from anyone - despite the questions and requests I make. I still offer to help, and do help, some occasionally.

    you know that crooked shelf in your cupboard, or that squeaky wheel on the bike, or the "snowy" reception on your TV - it doesn't get fixed while you sit on the couch and bitch that it's "crooked", or "squeaky" or "snowy" .. it gets fixed when you get off your ass and do something about it ...

    grow up
    By: Ky from Nsw, Aust on January 20, 2016 @ 10:35 am
    Such a judgemental comment! I am an educated, full time working mum who is a leader in her field (yes I work with children!) But, my ex was abusive, look up parent alienation, mental abuse starts long before the separation and when your children have been told the awful things that mine were, over time they think they believe it. So no there is nothing wrong with me or my parenting, my ex even admitted that he did this to 'get me to pay'. You say walk away from your kids, but would you be happy to walk away when you know your kids are living with someone who abused you, get real Sally. I am a great mum and I refuse to walk away from my kids. I won't ever judge you or anyone else for the decisions they are forced to make and maybe you shouldn't either. I also wouldn't wish my situation on anyone and hope no one ever has to suffer at the hands of abuse, denigration, isolation, bullying and then from a system that should be helping not adding to the destruction. An open mind might help you to grow in your opinions too!
    By: Sally from NSW, Australia on January 20, 2016 @ 10:00 am
    CSA, family law and magistrates courts are not broken, they are designed to rip you off to the max, its a business, its an awesome money making machine.
    People need to wake up and avoid this system of corruption, zero use, zero contact, zero phone calls ... just pure avoidance as much as possible.
    Let your kids go! they will find a way back to you in time without the expense of 3rd parties, refuse to play the game.

    Most people think they will get a fair go with the court system, they are delusional its all rigged .. stats show only 1% of men will ever win, so why waste your hard earned cash.

    Do not use the kids as pawns if your relationship runs foul, just walk away or it will cost more than you believe and all for nothing.

    KY... for a woman to lose her kids, tells me she must be totally incapable of something.
    By: Steve from Tasmania, Australia on January 19, 2016 @ 9:58 pm
    Hi Ky, you are absolutely right. It is an easy assumption to make and I acknowledge your situation. Family Law is a broken system that needs a major overhaul, along with the CSA. It beggars belief that so called 'experts' are scratching their heads wondering why suicide rates are so high and society is falling apart at the seams when one major problem is right under their noses - the application of Family Law. Why can't it be understood that at the worst possible time in a person's life with all the upheaval and emotional stress of a break up, combined with separation from one's own children and the dramas involved with property settlement does this agency come crashing down the door saying pay up or else, giving the impression that it actually WANTS to be your enemy? I'm still dealing with the fallout 6 years later. Good luck to all.
    By: Ky from Nsw, Aust on January 19, 2016 @ 8:47 pm
    We are making the assumption that CSA are against men, but I'm a mum and I'm in the same boat as so many dad's out there. Kids taken from you because the other parent is empowered by family law to do so and courts reluctant to stand up and say 'no way, you won't get away with that!' CSA as a system is wrong, it's not individualised and just throws every family into the same basket, some survive some perish, some just suffer like mindless zombies with no hope for help. My ex took everything, money house kids everything, I started my life again from the dirt pile he threw me into when he threw me out of my home, but CSA don't care about this they don't look at what it takes to fill the empty cupboard for the first time again, or how your going to raise enough for a bond and 2 weeks rent upfront, nor the bills the ex ran up in your name, the fact you had to sleep on the floor until you could scrap together a few dollars for a bed, all the while the ex trots along with no costs, bills or furniture to buy, and CSA says oh yeah now you can pay over half your wages out because his expenses are more important! It's a system gone mad. Every family is unique and it's about time CSA and legislation be made to look at cases on the whole picture not just a black and white numerical formula. Yes I want to make sure my kids have what they need but I have to be able to live to, and let's see some restrictions put on the money, eg a base amount for housing food etc then proof from the receiving parent of any expenses from the remaining monies and money not spent on acceptable items each month is then returned to the paying parent, atleast this way the money will go to the kids and not the ex lifestyle.
    By: Richard Knight from wa, australia on January 19, 2016 @ 5:41 pm
    The million dollar question is how do we fight this. I spent 10 yrs in court in NZ fighting the state and they just threw more money at it. In the end I was facing 6 top NZ law firms in one court room. the case was tabled in parliament at $750,000 and we spent another two years at it. Then they changed the law wiping out all we had fought for. Maybe men need to become more militant with their polititions...certainly the feminist movement has seemed to make inroads this way.
    1000. By: Steve from Tasmania, Australia on January 19, 2016 @ 5:13 pm
    Have your kids taken from you and pay for the privilege - that sums up the CSA for me. They are a proxy for a vindictive ex that refuses to allow a father to move on, be involved with his kids upbringing and try and make something of his now destroyed life! She wont let me have the kids for all the pathetic reasons in the world, then puts her hand out for CS - its a bloody crime, or at least it should be. Why are they allowed to continue to do this? I thought we lived in a free country, not a bloody totalitarian dictatorship!
    By: Richard Knight from wa, australia on January 19, 2016 @ 9:04 am
    I agree whole heartedly. What you are describing is labour bonding which is illegal all over the world yet apparently not for our government. Yes I too wanted to raise my kids but I had them stolen from me by the state and then was told to pay the state for the privilege of that in the form of CS. This taxation is simply a destruction of parenting hidden under the guise that fathers are "deadbeats" who dont want to look after their kids. It a tax that forces fathers to be unable to look after their kids.
    By: prophet.abuvia on drugs from world is fucked up, New Zealand on January 18, 2016 @ 8:49 pm
    haha there is some really fucked up people on this forum especially kelsmith, Louise Jessy and Kim Dean.

    I think they need help
    By: kate from Queensland, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 5:37 pm
    Thank you everyone for your great words and support.its been very helpful
    By: Gail from QLD, Australia-England on January 18, 2016 @ 6:27 pm
    Can anyone tell me if CSA is a company here in Australia like it is in other countrys or is it Government run by public servants?

    Are the magistrates courts here owned by the same company?

    can anyone provide this info?

    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 8:07 am
    Kate - email me at with a phone number and I will have a chat to you. Hopefully I may have some ideas / solutions that might assist.

    have a phone that you can put loud speaker on so your partner can listen / participate as well.

    good luck
    By: Peter from NSW, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 9:25 am
    Serge these guys that are commiting suicide because of the CSA should do it as marta's
    Hang from the big coathanger at sydney harbour and make a statment.
    Their pain and suffering will not go un-noticed.
    It may save the next generation
<Prev 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 Next>1,043 - 994 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2020 All rights reserved.