Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next>1,001 - 952 Comments +Add Yours Over 945,336 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Richard Knight from wa, australia on January 19, 2016 @ 5:41 pm
    The million dollar question is how do we fight this. I spent 10 yrs in court in NZ fighting the state and they just threw more money at it. In the end I was facing 6 top NZ law firms in one court room. the case was tabled in parliament at $750,000 and we spent another two years at it. Then they changed the law wiping out all we had fought for. Maybe men need to become more militant with their polititions...certainly the feminist movement has seemed to make inroads this way.
    1000. By: Steve from Tasmania, Australia on January 19, 2016 @ 5:13 pm
    Have your kids taken from you and pay for the privilege - that sums up the CSA for me. They are a proxy for a vindictive ex that refuses to allow a father to move on, be involved with his kids upbringing and try and make something of his now destroyed life! She wont let me have the kids for all the pathetic reasons in the world, then puts her hand out for CS - its a bloody crime, or at least it should be. Why are they allowed to continue to do this? I thought we lived in a free country, not a bloody totalitarian dictatorship!
    By: Richard Knight from wa, australia on January 19, 2016 @ 9:04 am
    I agree whole heartedly. What you are describing is labour bonding which is illegal all over the world yet apparently not for our government. Yes I too wanted to raise my kids but I had them stolen from me by the state and then was told to pay the state for the privilege of that in the form of CS. This taxation is simply a destruction of parenting hidden under the guise that fathers are "deadbeats" who dont want to look after their kids. It a tax that forces fathers to be unable to look after their kids.
    By: prophet.abuvia on drugs from world is fucked up, New Zealand on January 18, 2016 @ 8:49 pm
    haha there is some really fucked up people on this forum especially kelsmith, Louise Jessy and Kim Dean.

    I think they need help
    By: kate from Queensland, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 5:37 pm
    Thank you everyone for your great words and support.its been very helpful
    By: Gail from QLD, Australia-England on January 18, 2016 @ 6:27 pm
    Can anyone tell me if CSA is a company here in Australia like it is in other countrys or is it Government run by public servants?

    Are the magistrates courts here owned by the same company?

    can anyone provide this info?

    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 8:07 am
    Kate - email me at with a phone number and I will have a chat to you. Hopefully I may have some ideas / solutions that might assist.

    have a phone that you can put loud speaker on so your partner can listen / participate as well.

    good luck
    By: Peter from NSW, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 9:25 am
    Serge these guys that are commiting suicide because of the CSA should do it as marta's
    Hang from the big coathanger at sydney harbour and make a statment.
    Their pain and suffering will not go un-noticed.
    It may save the next generation
    By: Lander from Qld, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 7:52 am
    Hi Kate, there is no chance they can take your income into account. CSA representatives blatantly lie, cheat and steal. Be sure to not provide any financials EVER.
    A tribunal will consider whether or not your husband is reducing his hours in order to avoid his CS liability. It is a common scenario for avoiders. The reason that he is the primary carer for your daughter is legit.
    So my advice is to not lose any sleep over it, dont let their fear mongering cause you to doubt yourself. You KNOW the truth!
    By: Kate from QUEENSLAND, Australia on January 18, 2016 @ 7:08 am
    Let me start by saying I am a mother and I think the way the system favours mothers is unjust and unfair. I also have a step daughter. I would appreciate someone helping me out understanding something myself and husband were told by a child support representative. Recently our circumstances changed I own my own company and my husband works for me. We decided that he would decrease his hours to only 15 a week to care for our daughter and concentrate on his bodybuilding passion. subsequently his child support dropped and his ex has contested it. We still have his daughter 46% and contribute when asked and even offer without request (from my income). His ex has lied and said we never contribute and that my husband owns the company. He has no legal rights to my company and I am the sole director with all shares it is my company and I have worked very hard for it myself. This child support representative who is handling the dispute has believed everything my husbands ex has said with no proof and told him they can take my earnings and my company into account? How is this fair? His ex's partner works in the mines and construction earning over $100,000 a year (double what i earn) and he said we do not take her partners income into account? How is this fair? We have never let my husbands child go without anything. We want to support her in every way possible with time, love and she is always well looked after when she is with us. I have worked very hard for my company can someone please tell me that CS cannot use it against us? My husband has no legal or financial ties to it other than a business payment card in his name that can only b used for business purchases.
    Sorry for venting I believe in fathers supporting their children we care for his daughter almost 50% of the time clearly we want to be involved parents. I just need to understand the inequality why my income should come into play when her defacto partners does not.

    Thanks for hearing me out
    By: Kris from nsw, Australia on January 17, 2016 @ 4:38 pm
    Hi to all paying parents, CSA / Family Law multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new " stolen generation " and creating " domestic violence ". Let me tell you this system will NEVER change, you will struggle, it will affect your future relationship/s, this system was well thought of, it didn't happen by accident. They don't care about you. The lawers will bleed you. They divert everything thats how they bleed you. Be a mean mf with them, remember you're going to see a liar not a lawyer. There lies a bigger agenda behind this but knowing it won't solve your current problems although it might make you less blind to all the b.s from all levels. Good luck.
    Advance Australia Fk fair.
    990. By: Serge from QLD, Australia on January 17, 2016 @ 3:34 pm
    Re:CSA on par with Adolf Hitler, wow that hits the ball for a six mate, it's right on I like it. A day of mourning, how about remembrance day?


    In 2013, 1,885 males (16.4 per 100,000) and 637 females (5.5 per 100,000) died by suicide, a total of 2,522 deaths (10.9 per 100,000), which equates to an average of 6.9 deaths by suicide in Australia each day.

    As many as three men a day are committing suicide because the nation’s child-support system according to the Lone Father’s Association Australia. Thats just under 50% of the whole total of suicides commited in Australia.

    Yes we need a champion, we need a politician who has the balls to stand up to this, he will surely get my vote and millions of others.

    This is outrageous and inhuman of CSA to continue with these policies, its an indirect ACT of genocide on our own people. There must be a correct law term for this, maybe one of the legal eagle's can help?
    By: Mike S from NSW, Australia on January 16, 2016 @ 3:05 pm
    CSA on par with Adolf Hitler

    The Best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions.

    In this way the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.....Adolf Hitler

    Australia needs a champion to stand up to these dictators

    By: Oscar from SA, australia on January 14, 2016 @ 4:27 pm
    Tired - sorry wrong one
    By: Oscar from SA, australia on January 14, 2016 @ 4:21 pm
    Tired -
    By: Tired from WA, Aust on January 14, 2016 @ 4:16 pm
    Hi Oscar
    Give me your email mate and I will correspond that way. Please inform me now if you are soliciting for business though. Cheers
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 14, 2016 @ 4:10 pm
    Tired - good to hear from you. I responded to your earlier posts.

    give me some contact details so I can get hold of you away from this forum and I can give you some hints and guidance.
    By: Tired from WA, AUST on January 14, 2016 @ 3:46 pm
    Hi Oscar
    Im still waiting for a hearing date from AAT. Hearing your response re AAT doesn't instil great confidence in me.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 14, 2016 @ 3:00 pm
    so I have just got my decision back from the AAT. I will appeal this decision on a few matters of law that the Tribunal Member applied incorrectly.

    has anyone had experience in appealing the AAT decisions to the Federal Circuit Court ??
    By: Deadbeat Parents from QLD, Australia on January 10, 2016 @ 2:35 pm
    Wikipedia -Deadbeat parent is a pejorative term[1] referring to parents of any gender who do not fulfill their parental responsibilities, especially when they evade court-ordered child support obligations or custody arrangements. The gender-specific deadbeat dad and deadbeat mom are commonly used to refer to men and women who have fathered or mothered a child and intentionally fail to pay child support ordered by a family law court or statutory agency such as the Child Support Agency.

    My Thoughts are;
    Not all of the parents classified as deadbeat parents "INTENTIONALLY" mean to fail paying child support ordered by a family law court.
    From what I've read, most are forced into this position due to inability to pay the debts that are forced upon them.
    The harder you work to pay a debt, the more you have to pay the following year and so on till your in a hole you cant climb out of.
    I see a bleak future for alot of paying parents, almost impossible for them to sustain any sort of normal lifestyle (unless you are earning the big bucks) then to top it off, they brand you as a deadbeat.
    21 Australian men take their lives each week clutching CSA paperwork.
    I wonder if CSA offers special plaques for these fathers who have suffered to the point of taking ones life.
    Here lays another deadbeat father. Shame CSA Shame on you

    Please take time to read what is happening to our fellow countrymen, caused by CSA dictatorship

    Bought tears to my eyes.. RIP guys.

    Our Child Support System is driving a wedge between familys.The child support laws started, Pre-19th Century - The poor laws from 1601
    By: Junals from VIC, Australia on January 9, 2016 @ 7:47 pm
    I came from the bank just this morning and the bank said that the CSA getting my upcoming money which will be deposited to my account worth $7,000. Theyre torturing me, got nothing for myself specially nothing to send family supply for my 3 children in Philippines and wife which is 37weeks pregnant. Im totally broken, how can i get back my money. What can I do then i guess reporting to ombudsman takes time but i still want to give a try, and can CSA cannot access my savings account if i wont declare my tax num on it?thanks for the help Lander.
    980. By: System gone mad from Vic, Australia on January 9, 2016 @ 1:16 pm
    Leigh the system has gone mad

    I've had my pay garnished 33% before tax, plus they added back payments to it for some debt they say I have accumalated, then with their dirty grubby filthy hands they also dipped into my bank account and took the rest leaving no money for rent, electricity or food not to mention other expensies (one guess where I am now).

    I had good relationship with ex partner and kids before CSA got involved, was paying regular payments of what I could afford but now they can all go jump.. I wont be fighting them at all, its useless the bullshit just flows out of their filthy mouths.

    My way of dealing with this is really tuff but its not as tuff as going back to work and still being unable to pay my bills.

    1. Refuse to talk to any them, put all of them blood sucking looneies on block.
    2. Leave the system, leave no footprint, go underground, plan your escape its possible.

    Im not going to let them take another cent from me till I die then I dont care less. I can understand how some guys want to do themselves in, I have thought about it also but then the blood suckers win.

    I'm sure CSA Vultures read this Daily... catch me if you can, see you hell.

    Now a Glorified member of Deadbeat Dads Inc not by choice but for survival. Wish I could have had read a forum like this when I was young, I would have got the snip at very young age.
    By: lyndon from qld, aus on January 9, 2016 @ 11:10 am
    need some advise . I have 50/50 care and work full time as PAYG, and pay CS. EX quits a full time job because she cant be bothered anymore then works a 13 contract under an ABN , then from next week is unemployed . CSA send me a change of assesment that my payments have gone up due to her having a zero income. I called them and explained that she still worked part of the year full time then worked under an ABN , guess what theres nothing we can do you just have to pay.
    Heres the weird thing I said to CSA ok ill work under and ABN and change my assesment , I was told I cant do that because if my income drops more than 15% I have to get a change of assesment. But the ex can quit work under an ABN be unemployed drop from $38000 to $0 . No questions asked
    By: Lander from Qld, Australia on January 9, 2016 @ 9:26 am
    Junals, contact the ombudsman asap. They cannot take money from your account unless you are a chronic defaulter and you have not made a payment arrangement. Open a new bank account and do not provide your tax file number for any future savings.
    By: Gordon from Qld, Australia on January 8, 2016 @ 2:41 pm
    May be some one can help me get my head around this.
    I came to Australia on a working visa, have payed CSA for my son who, is not an Australia and has never set foot in has my EX, she receives payments from me via the central international unit. I questioned the legitimacy of my assessment as I originally thought they were collecting on behalf of the UK CSA on a reciprocal agreement however was told that this is no reciprocating but an Australian based assessment.
    In April last year I received a letter from the CSA UK informing me that from that date I had no longer a maintenance agreement with them. I contacted them and was informed that this is correct and they could not answer in regards the Australian assessment. I duelly contacted the Australian team and forwarded them all the info and to conclude they said it had no reference to their assessment..
    Go figure has any one else came across this farce of a system that appears to be constructed and utilised over morning tea sorry afternoon tea when you cannot get a hold of a case worker when you need them.
    Help please
    By: Junals from VIC, Australia on January 8, 2016 @ 10:28 pm
    The CSA really shut my world down. They garnished all my money in my bank account which is allocated for my wife c-section delivery in Philippines and for my 1 year old son cataract removal surgery. I don't have time to save because my wife about to deliver anytime this month. I am paying my cs obligation weekly and everything just happen like this. Dont know where to complain and what to do with this.
    By: Leigh from QLD , Australia on January 8, 2016 @ 1:00 pm
    After paying off a huge debt that I paid off in June last year and continued to pay until November last year ( where have those payments gone ?) I have now been informed by CSA THAT I AM NOW IN DEBT AGain ???? And I will be paying $260 per week I am now in the situation where I could lose my house and my current wife and our 2 daughters will be homeless and living in poverty while my ex wife travels overseas and has the best of everything how is this fair? We are struggling to survive as it is with only my wage to cover our expenses I will be paying my ex over $10000 a year for 2 children I'm at my wits end with child support and the way they rob me and my family of a decent life
    By: robin from nsw, australia on January 8, 2016 @ 10:57 am
    make sure you have all consent orders up to date and they state a no move clause in them if you dont have the orders go get them NOW without the consent orders she can move and then you will have to fight to make your x move back.Courts are ruling in the fathers side and 90% of the time they will make her stay. i tryed to move states with the kids my x said no court went in his favour
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 7, 2016 @ 10:27 pm
    Dom - you say you have 2 young boys, by which i guess they are not teenagers.

    you also say you pay over $1,600 / month and you have them 35% of the time.

    something is wrong with the CSA calculation or you must earn a sh1t load of money and she earns nothing ... so if you don't earn a shit load - then you need to have those numbers checked. you can work it out by pulling up the "Costs of Children" table.

    Also, if she is earning next to nothing, you need to ask the Courts to consider things like how she can afford to move in the first place, why she'd move away from her, and the children's support network (being you), and
    By: me from NT, OZZ on January 7, 2016 @ 9:57 pm
    You do not need a lawyer(in my view) file a form 2 and you ex will have to file a response, in your form 2 seek an order that your ex be restrained from relocating pending subject to final orders, i take it that your kids are young and want to spend time with you. Contact CSA that you dispute. Its a fucked up ride i did it for 9yrs...i should have walked away...but as a father you will fight that is what we do ,,,some of us walk away some kill themselves and some end up alcoholics or drug addicts,,,or in jail...mate its a painful journey for any out come, me well i am hitting the roads of our great land good luck dom

    By: dom from vic, australia on January 7, 2016 @ 10:42 pm
    My ex, is fighting hard in court to relocate from central vic to the northern NSW coast with my two young boys. We met in vic, got married here, had kids here and suddenly after separation, she wants to up and leave. what are the chances of this happening? the legal process is extremely nasty and obviously expensive; however, i have no choice but to fight to keep my children nearby so i can enjoy raising them. Add to this she gets 100% CS over $1600/month, although i have the kids 5 nights a fortnight and 50% of all school holidays. to say the system is tough is an understatement.
    970. By: Matt from SA, Australia on January 7, 2016 @ 3:42 pm
    The best help I have had recommended was from who used to work for CSA and know their stuff. Might be worth a try perhaps?
    By: Tkjc from Nsw, Australia on January 6, 2016 @ 1:11 pm
    Anyone with a DPO issued from March 2015 that is signed by Stewart Brazendale. Should contact a solicitor he ceased in his employment in February 2015 and is now in a position that does not have authority to sign a DPO they just copy and paste his signature. Write to them and ask for the full submission made to the delegate under the foi act you are entitled to have this if they have put a DPO on you it is hear where you will see the lies and bullshit the junior officer has put together to make you look like a dead beat dad once you obtain all the info along with the Stuart Brazendale thing you have what is malfeasance in public office and also torture the junior officer that made the DPO submission could be sentenced to 20 years Gaol if found guilty just one of these convictions would stop the rest of them thinking that they are invincible stand up to these fucksticks they force thousands into depression and hundreds to suicide without even thinking twice it is time to uncover Thiet bullshit and expose them for the rats they are don't lay down stand up and fight question them on everything and take any discrepecies to the top get your federal member involved and even the minister for human services don't just complain on here stand up and be heard
    By: pete from NT, NT on January 6, 2016 @ 8:40 am
    Liz Lander &ky.have given you/us all some great info. I could not have sai it any better, for those on the dpo have a look at the june 2009 ombudsman review of the CSA conduct on is my intention to apply for an MRO misconduct restrain order against the name of the person on my dpo,they have clearly departed from their own guidelines in that i have been paying child support and those arrears..the csa represetaive will have to respond to my alergations that he/she has acted emotively and outside of guidelines/procedure and i will quote Chief Judge Latham 1942 'fake laws and abuse of power'
    By: Lander from Qld, Australia on January 6, 2016 @ 8:25 am
    Elizabeth, the minimum is $360 per YEAR. Not $300 per month. Never ever pay your husbands liability otherwise you set a precedent. Simply "offer" the children financial support and leave it at that.

    Csa have no jurisdiction whatsoever regarding a forced sale of asset that is not 100% owned by the payer. Their role is not to serve the public, it is to scare the bejesus out of us. Dont buy into it. Stop paying your husbands liability
    Immediately. The debt can be wiped. Mine was! I was aware that my provisional income was $112k orsome crazy number and i lodged all my tax returns LATE for the past 5 years with an average income of $40-$50k and all my debt was wiped. Yee ha!
    By: Ky from Nsw, Aust on January 6, 2016 @ 7:15 am
    Liz, place an objection based on your ex capacity to earn. It's rule 8 I think. Get dr certificates saying your ex can't wot any more than this. Then if CSA deny this take it all the way up the ladder. Don't be nice about it, they don't care less and as a paying parent usually CSA treat you like shit. There is no 'trying to do the right thing' you need to look at it from a very business like perspective, what are your rights, what does the legislation say and what reason have CSA given you for their interpretation of the legislation. They get it wrong all the time, ask for everything in writing and don't accept what they say before you know from another source that it's correct. Look up 'guide to social policy law- child support guide. It's the legislation and clearly outlines the rules, know this well. Don't accept their crap, they will give you a different story and threaten you every time but just take it further and further. The more cases of injustice that flood the higher ranks in relation to CSA the more likely some changes will be made for everyone.
    By: Pete from wa, ozz on January 6, 2016 @ 1:06 am
    Liz, that's not correct. They the CSA are in error. Their is a fixed amount or if you are on benefits its less, not sure the pwr to sell your home but they do not care. Its easy that guys kill themselves less paperwork
    By: elizabeth from QLD, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 10:55 pm
    My husband broke his back in 2 places over 4 years ago and has not been able to work full time since yet because his ex wife (divorced for over a decade now) decides to ring CSA on occasion and suggest that he is earning whatever figure she pulls out of the hat, my husband now has an accrued debt with CSA of over $12000 when every single cent he has earn he has declared and has also put tax returns in every year. How is it that CSA can just choose what amount they will charge him and it be allowed on someone else's say so with no evidence? CSA tell us that even if he weren't earning any money at all there is still a minimum required of about $300 per month. He's not entitled to any government payments because I earn too much. I pay the $300 per month and have done for a couple of years and that's fine but now they want to sell the house to get the arrears which I pay the repayments on also. Does anyone know if they are legally allowed to force the sale of our home if it's in both of our names? It's not like we're not wanting to pay the debt but it wasn't even accrued fairly or accurately and don't have that sort of money to pay straight up like they insist it should be.
    By: Ian Thompson from Victoria, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 1:41 pm
    I have been having a tug of war with CSA and disputing the amounts they are asking and their late penalties but now they have informed me they will be approaching my employer and taking around 20% of my gross income which will leave me unable to pay my rent and meet other financial commitments. Is there anything I can do here?
    By: scott from New South Wales, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 12:44 pm
    Hi Thanks Lander I will look into it asap,
    Cheers thanks, Scott
    By: Ky from Nsw, Aust on January 5, 2016 @ 11:18 am
    Hi, my ex husband has hidden his income and told CSA he earns zero. He took my kids and I have no access to them making my Cs payment above $800 a fortnight. I can no longer afford legal representation because of this so in essence I'll most likely lose in court now too. Has anyone represented themselves in family court who can offer any hints or tips and the type of pitfalls I'm going to face while representing myself?
    960. By: Mum of 2 from Victoria, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 10:17 am
    Wow i have been reading some of the stuff and am disgusted on how it seems the mum is using the child as a pawn in their game of power and money!!
    I feel For every single 1 of u.
    My children have been adopted by my fiancé.
    THeir father did no pay child support EVER and CSA never chased him about it he also hid his Earnings and they didnt even look into it.
    Seems as tho they pic and choose. I guess the bigger of a sob story the recieving parent gives the more they wanna help.
    My ex still has outstanding debt from before the kids were legally adopted and they still dnt chase it.
    He never wanted to see the kids and was happy to sign his rights away to them.
    We asked the kids if they wanted the man who raised them (my fiancé) to be there dad and they said we already thought he was cos our dad has never been there.
    Some women/men are disgusting at the fact they keep children from loving parents 😢 good luck to everyone
    By: Lander from Qld, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 8:55 am
    Scott - she cannot move states unless you approve, yes you could force her to return to nsw and disrupt her life terribly, but this is just your hand to play. You now hold all the aces- you can now "approve" her to stay put conditionally..... Or else.... Return! Get some legal advice asap mate
    By: scott from nsw, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 9:40 am
    My ex has moved the kids over to WA and i am here in nsw still paying child support. with my income there is noway i can afford to go over there to see them ( she has not given me address even if i could get over there ) also now there is no change of me getting some time with them, is there anything i can do
    By: Lander from Qld, Australia on January 5, 2016 @ 8:37 am
    Byron if you havent received it in writing then it is unlikely to exist. They need to be certain they have ticked all proceedural boxes before issuing the dpo. You could ring them back and ask - on what date was it issued? Who is the issuing officer and what address did you send me the notification?

    Failing that - Contact the ombudsman they can act quickly to remedy.
    By: Byron from Vic, Au on January 4, 2016 @ 10:50 pm
    CSA have told me verbally that they have put a DPO on me, but I have not received any written communication. How can I find out if there is actually a DPO on me? Thanks
    By: Robert from WA, Australia on January 4, 2016 @ 12:07 pm
    I have a bunch of questions some of you might be able to help with?

    I just spoke to the CSA and the lady (always a lady ain't it?) said that if I wanted to change career and reduce my hours so that I could study, and my ex objected to the change of assessment, I would have to argue that the career change was in the best interests of my child in the longer term. However, she said that it was likely that I would have to keep paying my current amount (more than $900 a fortnight). However, this is just some lady's say so. I asked her if there was any chance of getting something like the ATO's private rulings and I discovered there is not. I wrote to my MP about this because it seems you have no certainty if you want to change your life. You just have to throw caution to the wind, hope for the best, and plan for the worst. Has anyone attempted a career change while paying CSA?

    Also, I have booked some long service leave at half pay but I haven't told CSA yet. It doesn't start till February. The same thing applies. If she lodges an objection, I'm probably stuffed. Anyone with experience of that? I was thinking that perhaps I should see a doctor and get a stress note or something before applying for a change of assessment.

    Finally, my ex went part time 2 days a week just before our son was born. However, he attends day care 3 days a week and he and my ex lives with her parents. If she wanted to object on a capacity to earn basis, could I do the same and expect a favourable result? Anyone had any experience with that?
    By: Been there from qld, australia on January 4, 2016 @ 10:19 am
    Deb you can mail your son a form (I think it is called Representative authority?) you can print it off and ask him to fill in nominating you as a representative. he can then post it to you/them and after 10 or so days you will be authorised to speak on his behalf. in saying that, I would not talk to them. instead have him send a letter with this form explaining that he is currently incarcerated until such time. all the best!
    By: Deb Lewis from S A, Australia on January 4, 2016 @ 10:32 am
    Hi been there,Thank you. That's good to know, ha I won't pay a cent. Thanks heaps,also how can I get them to talk to me without him,
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 4, 2016 @ 8:03 am
    Sairey - if you like I will give you a call to discuss some options that might work for you (give me your email address, then I will contact you for a phone number - keeps it semi-private then)
<Prev 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next>1,001 - 952 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2021 All rights reserved.