Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next>595 - 546 Comments +Add Yours Over 931,029 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Ky from Nsw, Australia on July 21, 2015 @ 7:50 pm
    Hi, I will sign any petition to correct these shocking child support laws. I'm a mum and my ex has alienated my kids all for the dollars I have to pay him which like your husband is around $400 per week, he earns close to $90000 pet year on top of this and I can barely make ends meet, my kids can't understand why if I earn more than their father can't I pay for everything they want, he used this to bully and mentally abuse the thoughts of my kids. And child support don't care one little bit. There are inconsistencies with what CSA tell the paying parent too along with things like if I accidentally overpay him I'm not entitled to get it back . Every family is individual yet we are lumped into the same formula, I also think cs should be asset tested, my ex took everything we had after throwing me out on the street, I had to try and start my life again with nothing and child support said too bad work it out in settlement, which hadn't happened because he won't mediate and so 18 months later I'm waiting on extensive court dates to try and get time with my kids and any scratching of property etc that I might be lucky to get. I think once a parent has alienated their kids against the other parent to the point where the kids won't see the other parent then cs should not automatically apply and as a minimum the non paying parent should be made to submit receipts and name a claim that is capped. Anyway if you get a petition going happy to sign, spread it all over Facebook too I can guarantee their are thousands upon thousands of people being devastated by the cs system.
    By: Bryon from Qld, Australia on July 21, 2015 @ 5:17 pm
    You can expect thousands of signatures for that. Front page of fridays paper was a story about CSA reform. Pity it ended with "and domestic voilence makes all the new obligations void"

    Awesome so nothing changes then.

    I think your suggestion of paying based upon court order is BRILLIANT. Mine is 50/50 custody but i havent seen my son in nearly 10 years.
    By: Tim from wa, uk on July 21, 2015 @ 8:05 am

    Absolutely! ! Sounds very similar to my story and many on here. It's also heartbreaking. It seems there is nothing that can be done other than to change the laws which are incredibly unfair for the children and the father. The whole system appears to favour the mother no matter what the circumstances. Well said. I'll sign it.
    By: Bettina from NSW, Australia on July 21, 2015 @ 4:49 pm
    Hi, I want to put a petition to the Senate to change the child support laws in Australia and was wondering if people on this site would sign it. I am a married mother of 3 young boys & my husband has 2 older children from a previous marriage, which he hasn't seen in almost 5yrs, they don't give a reason as to why they don't want anything to do with him even though they have court orders stating the amount of time he should have them. Their mother has told them horrible things since they divorced over 10yrs ago which probably has something to do with it. He pays almost $420 A WEEK in child support for kids that CHOOSE not to see him. They say the average cost to raise a child is x amount of dollars, which is all they should have to pay regardless of what they earn. My neighbour gets $200 a month, what right do they have to say that one child is more valuable than the next? Especially in situations where the kids choose not to see the father, the mother should only receive the child support amount based on the court orders, I guarantee more fathers would see their kids if the mothers didn't get paid so much for having them. It's nothing short of extortion, and I'm sick of it. It needs to be changed. Please help me
    By: Nando from Qld, Australia on July 19, 2015 @ 7:45 pm
    I been separated 2 years now and my expartner 1st attempted to alienate me from the children. She wanted me to pay $2000 per month in child support, 60% of my super, the house or full proceedings from an eventual sale and only let me have the kids 3 nights a week. I refused her claims and she placed court proceedings for domestic violence. When she failed to turn up at court twice the magistrate ruled in my favour. Meanwhile she went on to do everything possible to get the older voys at her house, including supply of alcohol, teen parties that went out of control and permitting the boys (16 & 14) to have girlfriends crash overnight. All this in the presence of a 8 and 6 yo. I complained to social services on 3 separate occasions and brought it to the attention of the CSA and nothing happened. Last november, both older boys started to reside with me full time, one because he was thrown out of her house when he did a tattoo whilst in her care and the other because he refused to spend more time at her house. I placed an application for CS review as i was still paying her CS for the boys and the CSA ruled in my favour. From March-April this year she went back to her old tricks and the boys started to spend more time at her house while she is not even there and refuses for my now 10 and 8yo come to reside with me when not with her. At the same time she re-ignited false accusations of domestic violence and the case continues to be postponed for even absurd reasons such as she was not given my affidavit when we know my lawyer issued her one and the mafistrate wouldnt even permit my lawyer to retrieve the court records. I am now continuing to fight these false claims and spending all my funds on an unfair case instead of concentrating in the family courts. Lately she has been telling the boys she misses them and wants to spend more time with then,they can stay at hers with their girlfriends and mates while she is away,etc. I again brought this to attention of the csa as any eventual change in payments penalises me as she doesnt support the kids and consistently abandons the youger children with her mother instead of permitting me to have the children. Is there any precedent in suing the CSA because i believe their rules is what is motivating her to continue her petty games for financial gain. I believe the CSA has a duty of care in which they should be made responsible to ensure the children benefit from my contributions and should be free to come to stay with their dad when their mother is unavailable to supply care...
    590. By: darren from WA, Australia on July 18, 2015 @ 4:50 pm
    to the Admins of this site - i have put some posts on this site that have not made it to the public forum - obviously been vetted by the Admins. there was no swearing, nothing offensive, nothing derogatory.

    So i ask you - how on earth do you pass a post like the one from Vanella …. lost all respect for your site … won't be back.

    Admin: No posts by you were vetted or deleted, however post by Vanella (SPAM) was removed.
    By: Dale Sprague from Wa, AUSTRALIA on July 14, 2015 @ 2:42 pm
    Hi Darren it just that the x took off not long after baby was conceived and all my attempts at reconciliation have gone on death's door and now I'm struggling to make child support payments and struggling having enough day to money to live and me and my girlfriend are wanting to start a family of our own but I know that we just can't afford it
    By: darren from WA, Australia on July 14, 2015 @ 9:01 am
    Hi Dale - in short, "no". you have an obligation to support your own children unless in a legal sense they are deemed to no longer be yours.

    Am not really sure what you were asking with your question though because the "living as a couple" as a reason for stopping paying relates to your child not your ex. So if your son/daughter stops living at home and lives as a couple with their own partner - but not if your ex re-partners.

    The "unfairness" of the CSA calculations (but it goes both ways) is that when they look to the "capacity" or the "quality of living" for the child, it is done by comparing only the 2 relevant parent's incomes. So an ex could re-marry a millionaire, and the ex and the children may have a "quality of life" and a "capacity" that far exceeds a normal standard of living, BUT because the ex's income may only be $30K in that relationship, the calculation is based on that figure only.

    Maybe one day someone will come up with a more equitable calculation that will be acceptable to the CSA, but for now it is far from equitable.
    By: dale from WA, australia on July 14, 2015 @ 4:22 am
    hi if my ex is living with her partner and has been for a while in another state and has 3 other children to him does that count as a member as a couple then I can request to stop payments ?
    By: darren from WA, Australia on July 12, 2015 @ 9:49 am
    Pete - my calculation is about the $30K mark based on 17 year old twins and the mother trying to state her income at $28K

    Ky - do a change of assessment. CSA doesn't look at "taxable income" when they investigate. as an example, my ex is in real-estate. She reported her taxable income at $28K. I did a change of assessment and CSA "deemed" her capacity at $80K.

    The other thing the CSA will not permit is someone "choosing" to take a lower paid job. If someone reduces their income, do a change of assessment, and show the income that person had in their old job - the CSA as has the power to base an assessment on "capacity". that is why if a paying parent quit their job they incur a debt (redundancy is different). if a payee parent quits their job it can reduce the paying parent's assessment - BUT you have to do a change of assessment.
    By: Ky from Nsw, Australia on July 12, 2015 @ 9:35 am
    Hey, in my circumstance, my ex husband took my kids and refused me access. So I pay 100% Cs, and I earn more than him so on top of his 90k wage he gets another $400 a week from me (spends it on his girlfriend and her kids) he is now deciding to work for himself in a bid to hide his income, if this reduces our combined income shouldn't this mean I'd pay less Cs as the cost of the kids is reduced? When I did the calculations I end up paying him more! This systems seems to be one sided if you are paying Cs for your kids it's like you have no rights at all.
    By: pete from vic, Australia on July 12, 2015 @ 12:53 am
    So i just did the calculations on the child support website and apparently this financial year my child support will go up to $30k per year!!! $567pw does that sound right?? Whats the highest you have heard of??
    By: Bryon from Qld, Australia on July 10, 2015 @ 10:25 pm
    Hi peter,

    Yes in short, you are being screwed. Welcome to CSA. You mayhave over paid your cs liability for a prior period now that her income has been lodged higher, but too bad there is no refund or credit available, AND- your subsequent assessments will be higher as per the responses you've received below.

    All the best mate. What can youdo? Nothing. Suck it up!
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 10, 2015 @ 10:11 pm
    Hi Peter,

    Daren is almost there but has touched on your income goes up CS does. Yes the other parents income can cause an increase.
    combined parents income determines the cost of child so more income from the other means a higher total cost. This can cause increase because although you now pay a lower percentage it is of a higher cost. Example follows. Two things determibe what you pay your care level and your percentage of income.

    So for example to make it easy. Say you have nil care so mum has 100% and of the combined income you earn 90%. The cost of the child is $5000. The formula would say you are responsible for 90% of the cost due to the income split and meet nil in care therefore 90% of $5000 would be your assessment which is $4500.

    Now mum does her tax and her income is higher making combined income higher so cost of child goes to $6000. With her income increase you now earn 80% of combined income. Again in this example you have nil in care so pay 80% of $6000. So $4800 a 300 increase

    Now if the care changes also the formula does so mums income going up will not always cause this but it can.
    By: darren from WA, Australia on July 10, 2015 @ 7:17 pm
    rightly or wrongly the formula starts from a value that the CSA attributes to what a child of a certain age costs to support. This is not a static figure - the more you earn, jointly, the more the CSA says it costs to support the child - even though the child is still the same age.

    On top of that, while there was once an upper limit for income, the calculations are now worked on joint incomes and percentages thereof. So if either of your incomes increases beyond the next threshold, then the "cost" for supporting that child is deemed to have also increased (all to do with "the child should be allowed to live in the same lifestyle that the parents do (based on income)).

    So as a rudimentary example, if the child is 13 and lives with your ex and she lives in a modest home, with the child going to the local school and the value attributed to the "cost" for that child is deemed at $9000/year, then your income increases dramatically - even though the wife still lives in the same house, the child is still 13 and still goes to the same school, that is - nothing in their lives changes - the CSA might then say because of the total of the "joint income" has increased so dramatically, that it now costs $13000 / year to support that same child - and yes, as i have already said …nothing has changed except you have improved your own situation.

    the difficulty for me here is that if the wife does not change the child's situation at all … then where does that extra money go - of course it goes to the ex's lifestyle / mortgage etc.

    anyway, hope this assists … if your incomes go up, yes it can increase the "cost" of the child, and therefore the amount you have to pay.
    580. By: Peter from NSW, Australia on July 10, 2015 @ 6:36 pm
    I am hoping someone can help.I pay child support to an ex.Just received a letter today from CSA saying that my ex's income is 20k higher than first assessed,yet my payments have gone up!!I rang CSA for an explanation and was informed that under the formula used both of our income is assessed,deductions taken out then our incomes are combined and then my payments are calculated. Does this sound right?It seems bizarre to me that the more she earns the higher my payment becomes.I commented to the CSA lady that using this formula if my ex earns 500k then my payments would increase,her response was that she refuses to comment.I am perplexed any help would be appreciated
    By: Olly from Queensland, Australia on July 8, 2015 @ 7:59 am

    Ask CSA for an payment extension plan. They should allow you to pay the $1500 over 3 months along with your normal payments. CSA don't like to do it that way because they miss out on the bank interest of your money in their account. This is why it takes up to two weeks for ex partners to receive the money we fork out.

    Been in the same boat mate.
    By: Bryon from QLD, australia on July 7, 2015 @ 1:47 pm
    Simon, yes mate. and guess what it works one-sided the other way too.

    if your ex doesnt lodge tax returns and her income ends up being HIGHER, meaning, your original assessment shoulda been less, but too late you've already paid it - you dont get a refund or a credit.

    By: Simon from Victoria, Australia on July 7, 2015 @ 1:31 pm
    I can believe how the CSA is so one sided.

    My EX hasn't reported her taxable income or lodged a tax return for the past few years and just a few weeks ago lodged her tax return. Her tax return is for $9,000 and because of this the CSA have reassessed my child support payments and I now owe her $1500 in back pay. They used their assumptions in her previous 3 years of income.

    The problem I have with this is

    1. I am always on time in making my monthly payments and will always update the CSA straight away if my income changes.

    2. I am lumped with a debt with 4 weeks to pay just because my ex neglected to keep them updated with their income.

    3. I know for a fact my ex takes cash paid jobs for her business so there is no way for her actual income to be correctly reported.

    I am all for paying what is required but I don't agree with having to back pay money at short notice when my ex is clearly doing the wrong thing!

    Anyone else in the same boat as me?
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 7, 2015 @ 12:18 pm

    A child working is not a terminating event. A child working can be considered under Change of assessment and may reduce a payment only not stop it. The child would need to be on an income considered enough to support an adult i.e. bot trainee or apprentice or part time then it may be considered as to how much support they give themselves.

    The main issues raised below are the child not in either parents care and potentially in genuine domestic relationship.

    Hope thats helpful. Often arguing the wrong issue can make the process tougher
    By: John from NT, Australia on July 7, 2015 @ 11:32 am
    To Dan

    Your comment earlier:
    …the mother( the ex ) of my first daughter has 3 other kids to 3 different man..

    No offence pal but what does this say about the 'Justice' system and societies values; enshrined in Law.

    This mother is deliberatly using the system. Females like this should have to wear chastity belts or be, spayed or neutered.

    The system makes some, usually payers accountable and lets the
    freeloaders 'off the hook' - contradictions galore!

    By: robin from nsw, australia on July 7, 2015 @ 11:25 am
    Hi Dan
    Sorry I thou u had more kids to the x
    Good on your daughter for helping u out and dropping csa payments
    I thou csa had a section on the website that once a child is working and is bringing in their own pay to support themself that csa no longer cames into it and u no longer have to pay also once she moves out of the parent home the mother has no right to any form of payment to centre link it should be goin to the daughter. U can ask the daughter to go to centre link her self and have the records updated to show she no longer lives at her mothers so that way the mother cant get a thing as centre link an csa are linked
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 6, 2015 @ 3:09 pm
    Hi Dan,

    Based on what you have said being true fir SSAT you will need..

    Stat dec from your daughters boyfriend or family or her tafe enrolement info which will have her address.

    When she called csa would have told her she cannot notify and called mum to confirm.

    It is likely she is claiming that she is caring for your daughter while she lives there.

    You should also look up section 2.2.1 of child support guide on and include points from that address member of a couple. As a child in a couple cannot be claimed for.

    Its not your bad luck orvthem taking her side it is about proof and uess you can establish the change they leave it going.

    If you talk to her and the boyfriend read the above and address it.

    By: Dan from WA, Australia on July 6, 2015 @ 12:56 pm
    To Real CSA

    1. My daughter did call up CSA and told her situation that she is living her boyfriend and that she is attending tafe and working part time at hair dressing salon. When CSA spoken to the mother of my daughter she did say that she is living at her boyfriends house and that was it. In March when the ex phoned CSA regarding her other payments for her other 3 children that she has with someone else the lady over the phone has adviced her that she isn't receiving any more payments for her oldest child as she isn't living under the same roof.
    2.She is living with her boyfriends parents and nothing there is on her address. She has got a prepaid mobile phone... Apart from the tafe address that all her letter go to the new house.
    I did call up CSA and they didn't want to hear a word what I am saying ...
    3. How can I get the proof from the other party when she is miliking the system including the centerlink. She is still receiving the parenting payments from Centerlink under the mothers name not the childs?? I have been to the centerlink my self and the mother has put block so I cant talk to the people in there.

    4. Why is it that CSA is always on the other parties side ?? My wife is about to go and have a major surgery and how am I going to support my self and my kids>??? pay the bills and the mortgage... ??

    5. Yes I did apply for SSAT and its still in process..
    Well I suppose its bad luck for me isn't it??
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 6, 2015 @ 2:36 pm
    Hi Dan and those reading his feed.
    Issue 1- CSA cannot accept information from a child of the case. If an officer did then they would be in trouble.

    2. To end the case because your daughter is no longer in mums or youe care needs to be advised by you or mum.
    if she has left and is supporting herself or living with a boyfriend then you need to provide evidence. It cannot be a stat dec from her.

    You can object or go to SSAT depending where it is up to. Perhaps a bill or something at her new address.

    When a child is no longer eligible under the act it can be backdated. So if mum is being dishonest get your proof and it will back date and CSA will do it.

    Good luck getting it accurate.
    570. By: Dan from WA, Australia on July 6, 2015 @ 12:31 pm
    Robin from NSW
    I have had a daughter from my previous relationship and now I am happily married …the mother( the ex ) of my first daughter has 3 other kids to 3 different man.. and when she phoned CSA they have told her that my daughter has closed the CSA … and what did mother do complained etc…. The case is now re opened without me having a say etc… as they don’t care what fathers want to say etc…. CSA is now saying that I have to back pay from February of this year… and that the CSA has made a mistake closing the account. What a lot of b*******… CSA is good for the bin …
    By: robin from nsw, australia on July 6, 2015 @ 11:39 am
    Dan from Wa
    Your older daughters case was closed so no more csa payments to her right ?
    But you still have 3 other kids to your x so you still pay csa for them is that right ? If thats correct your x and csa are in the right to collect payments from you. Sorry if I read your comment wrong btw
    By: John from NT, Australia on July 4, 2015 @ 4:33 pm

    Oh mate I feel for you - bloody hell. This is tantamount to
    psychological torment to say the least. CSA in its finest form again systematically destroying lives mostly fathers.

    Hang in there mate. Just think you could have been lucky and been born in another Western country where you would be treated the same.

    Take care mate!

    By: Bk from Wa, Australia on July 4, 2015 @ 1:45 pm
    Could your daughter provide a stat dec stating she moved out?
    By: Dan from WA, Australia on July 4, 2015 @ 12:38 pm
    My CSA has been terminated in February of this year due to my daughter moving out her mothers house and living else where . I have been paying for the last 16 years of my daughters life...My daughter has called CSA and told them that she is living else where and that she would like the CSA case to be closed. When the X called up for her other 3 kids that she is receiving the support from a staff member of CSA has told her that your first case has been closed and you wont be receiving any more money ... she made a big fuss about it....
    Five months later I had to fill all the forms and the objections and bla bla bla .... and CSA has re opened the case because they believe the mother and now I am in the debt. I would of understood if I closed my own case but it wasn't me it was the other party. The CSA law and what ever you want to call it is SHOCKING they don't know if they coming or going. Its destroying my marriage and the list goes on... they don't give a stuff how I am going to live and provide for my new family and my other two kids.
    Its beyond a joke...
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 3:59 pm
    Yes neil in CoA all is shared. Many people go to CoA but do not know really how it works. First thing is open exchange of information allowing each parent to respond to claims. Next is you need to meet a special circumstance which is not clearly defined and the decision must be just and equitable which refers to the financial impact on the parents and children and the otherwise proper the impact on income tested pensions or benefits.
    So many go claiming they cannot afford cs but without a special circumstance they are refused. Late lodgement is not a special circumstance.

    Hardship for CSA is about ability to repay arrears and in this info is not shared
    By: Neil Bennett from nsw, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 3:45 pm
    To real csa was shared in a coa.I learned that my ex was earning 104k a year. I was also informed that her wages in the previous years were between 64k and 90k depending on how much she was away as a supervisor on the country link rail network. I was going through a COA because my son ran away from his mother for the 3rd time. Didn't send him home after that.....but that's another story.
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 1:20 pm
    Correct mark...the one for arrears negotiation is hardship and not shared. Tge second would be Change Of Assessment under one of the 10 reasons and is shared.
    Good luck if doing Change of assessment. What they have told you is correct and per my previous information
    By: Mark from nsw, australia on July 2, 2015 @ 1:01 pm
    i just got off the phone to CSA. I will clarify later. Need to be in front of the forms. But they said one is shared with the other party and the other isn't. There are 2 forms that I received both need to be filled. That changing of name thing without the other party's consent is crap. They must fix this.

    By: darren from WA, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 10:10 am
    Rolf / Bryon ... the CSA has nothing to do with name changes. Contact the Birth Death and Marriages dept in the state they were born and seek information. You may have to do a Freedom of Information request.

    If you weren't named on the Birth Certificate, the mother can almost do whatever she wants. It's worth following up though, because you may discover a whole lot of useful information.

    Secondly, go to the family court and get an Order for the mother to provide all details. Now while you would normally have to serve this application on the mother, if you don't know where she is, also make the application to the court for 3rd party service and request that service is made by way of the CSA. You might also seek an Order that until the mother informs you of the contact details for the child, that the CSA payments are suspended temporarily. This can occur - you may still have to pay, but the CSA will hold the money and not pay the mother until she complies ...or the court may order that you don't have to pay at all until the mother complies.
    560. By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 10:58 am
    No Bruce I am correct. They can only share these details in certain circumstances and hardship is not one. This would be a privacy breach. CoA which is different where you are applying they do share and must under a direction of law information provided in care change is also open exchange, objections and to SSAT for appeals.
    A child support debt is between the payer and csa under the Registration and collection act 1988. A payee hands over all negotiation power when they apply for collection. Although they can say they are not happy about how CSA handles the debt they cannot be part of the debt arrangement and must accept the agreement between csa and the payer. They cannot denand any enforcement action. Bruce you need to learn the facts first.
    If your information was shared under hardshuphardship it is incorrect if it was you justifying expenses during CoA then it is correct. These are very different with one sitting under collection act and the other the assessment act. A phone call to CSA will reassure mark they are bot sharing this.
    A CoA form and process is not hardship for debt. This would be on an Assets and liability.
    child support debt is a debt to commonwealth and thus the payee is not a party to debt negotiation. You can refer to the Child Support guide for facts
    As the payee has no need under the act ie. They cannot object to amount extra paid they have no requirement to the information.
    This is correct..check with csa or privacy comissioner
    By: Bryon from qld, australia on July 2, 2015 @ 11:12 am
    Rolf, I don't know mate but I would love to know how my child's name was changed without my consent also! he is 16. and living under my ex's husbands name. I only just found him a couple of months ago after 7 years of mystery. do i call her out on this fraud??
    By: Rolf Nilsson from QLD, Australia on July 2, 2015 @ 10:47 am
    I have not seen my daughter for a very long time. Initially, it was due to the toxicity of the relationship as this was very unsettling for the child and was not going to end without courts and disagreements. I have been trying to find my daughter for around 6 years now. I believe that her name has been changed but cannot find her or the mother anywhere. The name is rather generic (I will not disclose it here obviously) meaning that there are literally thousands of both the child's and mothers. I have paid CSA for the childs entire life.She turns 18 this year. How can the mother have changed her name without my consent given that the CSA knows I exist? How can I find her?
    By: Bruce from QLD, Australia on June 30, 2015 @ 11:37 pm
    Real CS Info - incorrect.

    They definitely share it with your ex. Trust me i know from experience! The debt is not just between you and CS. Any request for anything other than penalty remission gets sent to the other party. Thats not how you play cricket. Good luck.
    By: Real CS info from qld, Australia on June 30, 2015 @ 9:54 pm
    Mark they do not share your financual information for hardship. The form says this as it is also used in CoA reason 8. Just call before you send to be reassured. Privacy laws prevent sharing here as debt repayment is between you and csa under reg and collection act and they cannot share details via this.
    By: Mark from nsw, australia on June 30, 2015 @ 8:20 pm
    I started a new job in sydney from another state. Looking for greener pastures pretty much. While I was jobless for 2 months,I still nominated to DHS that I will maintain paying child support but at a minimum instead of nothing. That was okay. I moved to Sydney to try it out. got a job. Told DHS that I was on probation wasn't sure whether I will like it or not. By the way they don't care u t r on probation as long as u r getting a pay check, they want a peace of it. Then they rang me 3 months later saying they have got some info that I'm employed. I said to them well I told you I was on probation 2 months ago. Anyway we arranged to pay arrears to bring the account forward slowly. I was paying $495 including a $46 bucks of arrears a fortnight.They called me back 3 weeks ago demanding I add $100 to pay off arrears faster. I refused because nothing had changed on my side of things from a previous arrangement. Why the change? I said can't afford it. Have a property in my other state not rented out at the moment and paying mortgage from my pay plus renting here in Sydney as well. They said they will send me a hardship form. I received it. Started filling it out. The form says a copy of it will be sent to the other party on every page. For me that's a no no. Someone who just need my money? Someone whom I don't have a relationship with? Someone I don't even know where they live, what they do, who they are married to? Someone who has another child with her hubby and etc? Someone who doesn't want to speak to me for no reason and over 6 years now let alone see my child however can request money from me through DHS easily?I thought about it. Yes I'm in hardship but why should I list all I have and where my money goes and this other party then gets that info yet I don't know her information or whatsoever? I realised DHS knows that people will not expose that information and will rather pay. Basically, there is no choice even though they send you that form. Is that fair tho? Has anyone been in that situation? What did you do? I am thinking at the moment before I can renegotiate. I think I'm about to get into a battle of full custody now.
    By: robin from nsw, australia on June 30, 2015 @ 11:33 am
    good point
    you could always report her to centre link it can be done on line or over the phone
    By: darren from WA, Australia on June 30, 2015 @ 7:53 am
    Robin - my ex doesn't inform Centrelink that she has repartnered. He is FIFO, so simply states a different address - even though it is well known they live together, and have for some time. I also realise it is not up to an ex's partner to support my children - and that really wasn't my point. My point is, that when an ex does repartner (especially with a partner with money) there is no incentive for the ex to work, or to work hard to have an increased income of their own. To that end, their income drops, my child support increases. Traditionally, and still greatly so, it remains the male partner in a relationship that supports the family (not always I accept), so if the male is the payer parent they will always be at a disadvantage when also then trying to support their own new family.

    The male payer parent supports 2 families - the other non-working partner, who is supported by a good wage from a new partner, is fully supported from 2 streams ... THAT was my point.
    By: robin from nsw, australia on June 30, 2015 @ 8:53 am
    If your x repartners she is not allowed to any centrelink benefits at all and should be removed from them if she tells centrelink as they go of her new partners income. CSA state that its not up to her new partner to suppot your kids so his income is not taken into account.
    CSA and centre link are linked if you pay child support then centre link find out and take the payments off her family tax A & B payments to get some of the money back
    EG for every dollor the x gets in child support centre link take 50 cents of her payments ( hope that made sence )
    By: Darren from WA, Australia on June 29, 2015 @ 5:57 pm
    I just think it's about time that the CSA and the Family Court were somehow linked. The system can never be 100% right, because there are a number of different scenarios that play out. The starting position of "if you have 0% care (kids live in a different state) then your percentage of financial support is increased needs to be looked at and re-thought. Also, before the amendments were put through there was an upper limit of $143,000 - which meant a paying parent could work hard, and eventually get to the point where the money they earnt was, dollar for dollar, going into their own pocket. This encouraged hard work, and the desire to get better. Now - the limit is is based on a joint income (after the self support allowance is taken out) and is closer to $200,000. so where there is inequity in income (let's say the ex earns $30,000 (with a $23,000 self support allowance) and you earn $180,000 (with a $23,000 self support allowance) the joint income is $164,000) the "hard worker" is penalised for working hard or improving themselves

    Now consider that the ex re-partners, and still earns $30,000. the new partner earns $120,000. if you now work out the ex's "lifestyle" capacity, she has access to $30K, plus $120K, plus all the Centrelink benefits and allowances, plus about $35K tax free from your income (based on 2 kids). WOW.

    Solution - bring back an upper, and reasonable, limit that encourages the paying parent to keep working and keep improving themselves for the benefit of their new family. also, introduce some mechanism that can look at cases where the children are moved interstate for a fairer and more equitable calculation.
    550. By: Kris from Nsw, Australia on June 25, 2015 @ 8:44 pm
    Hi to all paying parents,
    Family law/csa multi million dollar racket, destroying families and creating the new " Stolen Generation" it is actually " Crimes Against Humanity".
    Personally knowing many fathers who struggle to see their kids and reading here how many are having the same problems, it just proves how common it is when a father is restricted access ,including myself may I add. My wife said that if csa gave my ex a credit card in my name,then it would be easy to see what she spends the money on as I would get the receipt each months . This would make her more accountable no doubt. And the receipt could be used as evidence in court. This would give the paying parent a sense of some control of how the money is being spent. It's not complicated and could easily set up by the extortionists at csa. The other major thing IF YOU DONT SEE YOUR KIDS Then YOU DONT PAY! Or the restricting parent looses custody. How hard is it to understand???. Man are committing suicide, women are getting murdered, children are torn apart and damaged (Stolen Generation) but it's all in the best interests of the child the family law/ csa bastards say. And the gov bustards want to protect us from the terrorists ???well tell that to the 21 one fathers who commit suicide each week and the 2 women murdered every three days.
    Advance Australia Fkn Fair!
    By: Aaron from NSW, Australia on June 25, 2015 @ 11:18 am
    Byron and John

    My sympathies to both of you I feel for you and thankfully I'm not in that position I get my boys 6 days a fortnight. I think not being allowed to see your kids would be worse then the money CSA extort.

    I believe that parents in your position shouldn't have to pay child support after all the decision to have access to your children has been taken away from you, unless there is a very good reason no parent should be denied access to thier children.

    Unfortunately the whole system fails here big time.

    What I believe should happen is that when a relationship of parents of children break down there should be a process of assessment on both parents and the decision's on where the children stay and with who should be decided by a third party obviously also taking into account what both parents want but what also should be taken into account is gender of the child, abuse in the relationship, and many other factors, this would give a fair outcome for the child hopefully.
    By: Bryon from QLD, australia on June 25, 2015 @ 10:52 am
    John, i have no words mate.

    I feel your pain. i did that pain for about 6 years until finally deciding to move forward.

    Dry season is about the only thing i miss of darwin. can i tell you what i did? Option A was suicide. its still an option really. Since i had zero contact with my son i bit the bullet and moved away, down south.

    I moved to melbourne and got a job as a contractor -business admin/sales. I have had 5 jobs since and all have been happy to pay me as a contractor. im now in qld.

    its not about dodging CS. its about regaining CONTROL. I've met my obligations (well sort of, my now-wife takes care of the payments and i have a small debt, which isn't a debt its an "over assessment" - a BUFFER, just to make sure i dont over pay her one cent more,

    dissolving the extortion and having control over the money is 90% of the problem. lets face it, the MONEY is the very tool that allows your ex to live freely without obligation to you.

    the other 10% is a walk in the park. you could negotiate school holidays ie the kids visit, i'll give you $1,000 go have a bender with your girlfriends in bali for a few days.

    that would be $1,000 that would ordinarily be due anyways, but you can dress it up in such a way that she actually says..... THANK YOU, JOHN. HERE'S THE KIDS. HAVE A NICE WEEK.

    hang in there mate.
    By: John from NT, Australia on June 25, 2015 @ 9:54 am
    Morning All

    Oh such a beautiful day in the 'top end' dry season.

    Only to realise that my X has blocked my cell phone from contacting their land line and all their (somtimes functioning) cell phones.

    And its the four week school holiday break.

    Death by a thousand cuts.

    Hey CSA: Note this in your Captains ship log.

    1) Parental Alienation syndrome - ongoing.
    2) SAD's (stress anxiety depression) all indicate extreme 5 out of 5.
    3) Client requires ongoing support and caution in dealings from the CSA.
    4) Put on 'watch list'.

    By: BK from Wa, Australia on June 24, 2015 @ 2:44 pm
    Thanks for your response. What I failed to note, was that when I left, I instantly applied for government benefits to support myself and children. I was not in a position to work, and there would be no way my children would have been safe with their father.
    The whole system is a crock of shit anyway, he switches bank accounts, jobs and addresses regularly and fails to lodge tax returns. He does not have to pay. And don't get me started on the family court situation, kids and I walked away with the clothes on our backs, by the time it went to trial (as he refused to participate in negotiation or turn up at court ever) he had managed to gamble away all of our money and assets. When there's nothing left you get nothing and like csa say, you can't het blood from a stone. Oh well, like the ex says, that's my punishment for leaving, like I had a choice.
    Whinge complete :)
<Prev 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next>595 - 546 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2020 All rights reserved.