Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next>1,357 - 1,308 Comments +Add Yours Over 962,758 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: George from Nsw, Australia on October 20, 2016 @ 9:14 pm

    Don't go to court over this matter! It's not worth the money and the hassle mate. You'll get absobloodylutely nowhere except in s**t creek w/o a paddle.
    If you actually do wish to go to court to see your son then I suggest having a sex change first. Not kidding.
    By: gary from qld, au on October 20, 2016 @ 7:06 pm
    if everyone at the same time stopped paying child support the system would collapse only then will our voices will be heard
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 20, 2016 @ 7:04 pm
    Tom - not sure you will get fined. By the CSA's own guidelines, you only have to let them know if your income circumstances change by 15% .. only you will know your circumstances enough to make that call. It may be that you just get a "debt" - which they will take from any tax return you do in any event.

    good luck
    By: Sammy from Vic, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 10:27 pm
    Why does anyone ever wanna involve a 3rd party interloper like CSA? If you wanna send ex payments keep matters private & direct. We can't blame CSA for being barbaric if people keep supporting and empowering it by using it!!! You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    By: Tom from QLD, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 8:16 pm
    Thankyou Oscar, do you know if I would be fined if I wait until the end of the financial year and make a lump sum payment?
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 7:50 pm
    Tom in Qld - it's not done by percentage anymore. It is calculated on earnings. difficult to ascertain if you are only a casual employee, and it might be that at the end of the year, you wont have earnt enough to pay child support above the minimum.

    the best "estimate" for you is to use the calculator on the CSA website and enter in the details as best you can. It will give you some idea ...

    if you think you will only earn a minimum amount, you could run the gauntlet until tax time, and then deal with it and any arrears you might have. that consideration can only be made by you with all due weight to "how much do you WANT to pay", "is the relationship with you and the ex an amicable one, in which you can come to some agreement" and "how close you are to the end of your case" ...these are only questions you can answer.
    By: Tom from QLD, Australia on October 18, 2016 @ 9:20 pm
    I have just started casual work after being out of work for 11 months. The work is very casual, one week I might not get any hours, the following week I could get 40 hours. What I am wondering, which CS refuses to answer, is what percentage of my pay do I pay for one 16 year old child?
    1350. By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on October 18, 2016 @ 11:19 am
    A stat dec is not proof of who the father is CSA cant accept it at all. Is he on the birth ceft did he sign it ? If not CSA broke their own law as it states 44 weeks before and after a child was conceived parents must be in together. Dont pay a red cent to CSA or to the x ask for a rule 8 as it stops them chasing him then see legal aid they will help get a court order for DNA test which CSA will only accept
    By: Suzanne from, Australia on October 17, 2016 @ 3:12 pm
    HELP!!! woman fraudulently signed stat dec for proof of parentage.
    CSA accepted a stat dec on face value, which turns out they are well within their rights. They didn't compare signatures or verify the witness. On one occasion I was told the witness name was too hard to read. 2 phone calls were made, but no voicemail left.

    CSA sent 2 letters to alert him it was accepted, both letters which they received return to sender.

    This all took place in April 2016 and we knew nothing of it until I opened a statement for child support for a 10 year old girl in AUGUST 2016. Just about 5 months, no other mail or contact made.

    This has torn us apart with stress. And the next best part is that the only reason he is not allowed to object to the decision is if disputing parentage.

    She has nothing else to say its his, they didn't know each other then .... I met him the week that baby was conceived.

    CSA have escalated the case to fraud on their end but we aren't entitled to know the outcome??
    By: Dave from Qld, Australia on October 15, 2016 @ 10:39 am
    Hi guys,

    So my x and I have court orders in place that say no one can do any medical treatments without the others consent, this includes braces. So if your x partners are taking you for a ride appeal it through CSA. Yes it's a pain in the butt, but it's better than paying $$$$$ you probably don't have. If CSA fails take them to court. Make sure you document everything you do in a dairy as it can be used as evidence. I've been dealing with CSA and court since 2008. I've been through a bit so any question just ask.
    By: Trent from California, USA on October 14, 2016 @ 9:34 pm
    I recommend any Australian men who are getting screwed over come and live in California! Living is cheaper than Melbourne was and My pay isn't bad either tehehe. I've heard Kentucky and Seattle are great places to live $$$-wise but can't beat California mates
    By: Adam from Vic, Australia on October 14, 2016 @ 2:04 pm
    Hi All,

    So all of a sudden my ex does not want me to see my son and says he also does not want to see me nor does he want to talk to me...Long story short i stopped paying child support whats the point if i cant see my got to about 4k and now they garnish my wage and have been working 6 days a week to pay it off @ $150 per week extra Totaling $500 a fortnight!! Anyway my question is how old does a child have to be before they can say they dont want to see their father? I have been nothing but loving and supportive, and cant lose the rights to see him....Does anyone have anywhere i can go for information as I just get the run around...Thanks
    By: AndyP from NSW, Australia on October 14, 2016 @ 12:53 pm
    I paid half of my kids braces then reread the CSA Binding agreement which says this.

    the payee will meet all expenses in relation to the health care and education of the children other than thiose which the payer is obliged to meet pursuant to this agreement

    Now the agreement also states that I should pay 50% of the kids private health cover which I haven't been paying (though have now started to.

    My ex wants me to back pay $1500 and is threatening Solictors and going to CSA so they can get the money from me.

    Any idea if I have a leg to stand on, What should I do?
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on October 13, 2016 @ 11:43 am
    How does your x get what she wants from CSA
    My child needs 8500 or over in dental work as her jaw has stopped growing when I told csa that he will need to pay half CSA tells me " sorry but no you have to pay it all your self as your orders dont say anything about medical help "My court orders say he has to pay child support again CSA say " not our problem " Just like fathers CSA wont help receiving mothers all Im told is get a job Ive worked since my kid was 3 days old cause my x wont stick to court orders but if I dont answer the phone to him at 1 in the morning he brings in his lawyer to make threats and screams " court orders "
    By: Dave from Qld, Australia on October 13, 2016 @ 8:38 am
    Thanks Ian, I have put her on notice and sent her an email stating that she is in breach of the orders and I will not make a decision until I have all of the information. Until then she isn't to do any treatment. In reference to your problem I'd appeal it to AAT to have it changed.
    By: Ian Kng from QLD, Australia on October 12, 2016 @ 7:27 pm
    Hi Dave,

    I have an Australian court order which stipulates the days my children should reside with me. My ex prevented the children staying with me as per the court order, and then had the CSA change the Percentage care to 100% for herself. When I informed the CSA of the court order, they asked me 'what had I done to have the court order enforced ?' As I had no documentation proving I had attempted to enforce the court order, they made the change in her favour.

    I don't believe they were entitled to do this, but they did.

    So, don't rely solely on the court order, but write her a letter stating that she is in breach of the order and that you did not agree to the treatment and that the costs will be for her account.

    Other than that, I don't think you need to do anything. If she attempts to take it further via CSA or court, you have the court order and letter, whilst she does not have the required written agreement.

    Good Luck
    By: Dave from Qld, Australia on October 12, 2016 @ 2:30 pm
    Hi all, I have an issue with the ex. I have finial court orders in place from the federal court.One of my orders states that no parent can undertake any form of medical, dental or allied health treatments without first gaining written consent from the other parent. It also states that if we agree in writing we will both meet half the costs. The ex has now taken her to the dentist for a scale and clean and wants braces. where do I stand? Do I have to pay for the braces when I don't agree and I have the court orders?
    I Need some advice about contraventions of the orders and what I should do I am in Australia . Please leave the emotion out of it, I need facts! Cheers
    1340. By: Paul from QLD, Australia on October 12, 2016 @ 12:14 am
    I refuse to do my tax they take it from me all the time don't know why when it's a automatic deduction from work. They can all get stuffed the ex and csa I don't care what csa do no more lodging my tax. Happy to go without it.
    By: Shell from Victoria, Australia on October 11, 2016 @ 7:29 pm
    Hi my husband has paying maintenance for the past 16 years. He also had to cough up for braces and we were later told by a lawyer that he should have told them to F off that's what maintenance is for. They use stand over tactics. The csa system stinks it is a pay up and shut up system for the man. But when the shoe is on the other foot and the woman has to pay they get away with it. I have watched my husband go through hell, suffer depression and has been suicidal. It has put so much pressure on our relationship and we have been told that our 2 children come last. I am unable to work as I have an illness and when we have applied for an adjustment it has all been rejected. I have written letters to politicians and no one gives a shit. Women are conniving, sneaky witches that bleed off exs and claim single mothers. I am a woman and I see this all the time Why can't CSA? My husbands kids have also changed there names to their step fathers. That shows a lot of respect to their so called father that they get a 1000.00 a month out of. DNA also needs to be made compulsory as in a lot of cases such as our the woman is the one that has the affair. Instead of being accountable for their actions they just get greedy.
    As far as I'm concerned CSA are arseholes, Family Relations is a croc of shit I have even been down there and blasted them. We got a restraining order n his ex but she wins by stopping the kids from coming and poisoning them.
    IThere should be no exchange of money if u divorce then it's 50/50 and shared custody. If the kids decide not to see a parent then NO EXTRA Money should be given
    The whole system sucks
    I feel for a lot of you blokes. Love to you all. Hold your heads up high.
    Maybe get a voodoo doll!!
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 11, 2016 @ 12:48 am
    Mick from NSW .. I am in a similar situation to you mate, and am preparing to go to a Hearing in the Federal Circuit Court after lodging a change of assessment and objecting to the decisions the whole way through ... would be good to have a chat to you .. might be able to give each other some guidance ... have you got some details of how I can contact you ???
    By: paul from qld, au on October 6, 2016 @ 5:33 pm
    hi guys, does anyone know if CSA can garnish money from a business account or a joint account? I had a work injury in 2014 and have been on income protection since, so I haven't worked in two years but now the IP has run out I am applying for new start or DSP. I have said to CSA that I am not paying another cent until I have a DNA test done cause I have been deemed the father in a court I never had anything to do with other than turning up to do the DNA test at the local base hospital to find out that the other party never sent the DNA test in the first place, so I am rebutting the assumption that I am the father. to deem some one as being the father without a dna test is beyond me how can they do that? this women I had relations with once, I was drunk we and new of the risks so I said to her to have a morning after pill to be sure there was no mistakes made but I got the age old "oh I cant get pregnant so don't worry about it" but I insisted she do it and she said she would. she just disappeared from the planet for 3 months only to turn up out of the blue to my mothers place saying it was a miracle I'm pregnant my whole family new she was having a baby before I had even known. after that i had text messages from this women saying ah ha I got you now, so what do I do start paying child support. CSA don't care about anything but getting money they don't care that I am under huge amounts of stress about surviving my self, I now have a permanent disability and struggling with sanity on a daily basis and I don't expect CSA to give a rats ass but to drive me down further where is the support that men need men are not ATM machines
    By: Mick from NSW, Australia on October 5, 2016 @ 8:28 pm
    My ex has dropped out of the labour force, she was made redundant two years ago, she has a law degree, but has only applied for 6 jobs in two years and everyone with a heartbeat in Sydney has a job. My child support payments tripled and I have to pay her $26,000 a year, while she travels overseas, spends time on her new husband's boat and the kids turn up at my place wearing rags. The CSA has rejected my applications (twice) for a change in decision, so I'm in court. Lucky I can afford a good lawyer, but I hate to think what I would do otherwise. The law quite clearly says you must exercise your full earning potential, but the CSA said to me yes, sure, but that only applies if you're a surgeon or something...She won't back down because the CSA has affirmed her behaviour, so as a result we'll all have to spend about $50,000 on lawyers....this system is rubbish!
    By: John from Wa, Australia on September 29, 2016 @ 7:47 pm
    I havnt been working for 4 year so I took my superannuation out to save my house they classed it as income so I had to pay them $10.000 then the Emas of the came to do tax I didn't have to do it because I didn't work a month later I get a bill from child support saying 800 owing for the month of July. I ran them and told them I havnt worked because I never gave them a income statement now I have but I still owe 800 for that month lol it's a joke
    By: Jonesy from vic, australia on September 29, 2016 @ 6:18 am
    To Deb + others,

    Right from the start you don't contract or make any agreements with them; ie. speak/write/apply/register with them, nil, null, zip, nada!

    Upon receipt of any Demand for Payment you conditionally accept. ie. Before any payment can be made, proof of any contract and verification/validation of any debt is first required. Failing receipt within 30 days will deem none exists and you are required to cease and desist with any further correspondence. [always followup with a reminder notice and send via registered mail].

    Of course no contract could ever be formed between you as a man and CSA - a dead entity, so they won't reply with the proof you require. So you remain in honour, and as there is no dispute there can be no court action.

    Of course, be mindful that bank accounts solely in your name are not safe, as they can take what they like and when they like.

    We should all learn the process of making claims against individuals and owners of businesses like CSA who cause us harm.
    By: Deborah from WA, Australia on September 28, 2016 @ 8:03 am
    Hi All,
    Just got off the ph from csa,
    As my son asked me to call as he is in
    hotel hakea.
    They keep sending him letters to inform him
    Of the $$$ he owes. I asked why? blah blah omg
    there answer was he needs to call and ask for this
    To be changed ,Hello what part of this did you not
    understand JUST send the forms he needs to him
    FML we don't have his current ADRESS grrrrrr
    why are you so stupid and why is he paying csa
    racking up a bill when he has been there for nearly
    a year . These people are absolute muppets.
    So what do I do help
    By: David from Hertfordshire, United Kingdom on September 26, 2016 @ 8:07 pm

    Keith Owen
    Yesterday at 01:42
    Hi folks, I am running a couple of surveys about people's experiences with the CSA. I am particularly interested in issues related to Official Misconduct, Criminal Activity by CSA Employees, and the legislation being applied wrongly. These are the links to the two surveys I am conducting at the moment. For the first one listed, we need at least another 80 to make it valid, for the second one we have had over 300 responses and the results have been already sent to one Senator. Cheers for your help everyone:
    By: T Stay from Qld, Aust on September 24, 2016 @ 11:57 am
    Another bill from these pricks. Surely this lying cheating slut that choose to destroy our family can live off the $110K she earns plus the $150K her root earns. Don't forget that on top of this all the Remserve shit she gets tax free off the top. Do CSA even look at that?

    I'm happy to pay for my kids whilst they are with me. Sure, what ever they need they'll get but if this arsehole wants to fuck my wife and then play Daddy to my kids, he can pay for them whilst in his care. Oh yeah and fuck you 'lack of' child support. Rot in hell.

    It's been 7 years and I'm still angry as hell. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than hearing she's no longer on this planet. After dragging me through the family courts for 3 years. Lying to the courts on 9 separate issues. Finding out through the courts that in addition to sleeping with her boss she'd also had an affair with my best mate. Making out to the courts that I was a threat to my children and having to have supervised visits for two or so years. My report came back as fine. Her report came back stating 'requiring medication'. Who was the real threat? The purpose of the courts was to prove to her friends that she'd grown a set of balls.

    She came into the relationship with nothing, but wanted to walk away with 1000's. She failed miserably. I'm pretty certain she spent more in legals than she was awarded.

    Child Support raped my bank account taking every fucking cent. How they can do this is beyond me. The relationship is over. She wants to live with someone else. That's fine - fuck off, but don't come sponging off me you lying cheating slut.
    1330. By: Harry from Nsw, Australia on September 23, 2016 @ 10:56 pm
    4 years on and 65k poorer (not just csa but lawyer too)and I'm still nowhere near close to getting what I want what I deserve what my kids deserve. I'm a weekend dad and it's only when it suits my ex. I have to take her back to court and spend more money if she's doesn't comply and still I get nowhere.
    What's the fucking point
    By: Jason from WA, Australia on September 20, 2016 @ 5:42 pm
    Made redundant, so then forced to do shut down work due to collapse in job market. Scored ten week shut and am very excited. Call csa to tell them moneys coming in again. They instantly raise yearly earning total to 80,000 (even though shuts only 10 weeks) charging 400 a fortnight. I have a partner and her 2 daughters to take care of and am left with 100 a fortnight for us after everyday bills. Center link wont help due to last years earnings and CSA basically literally told me my familys survival mean less than the amount owed. I am extremely dissapointed in this system not only have I done the right thing and payed on time for nearly a decade but I took in my partner and her girls. If i have to feed four people off $100 how is $400 fair? my boys mother has 4 kids to 4 different fathers by the way. she lied about being on birth control when I was young over a 6 week period. she has now trapped 4 different men and i garentee wed all be paying around the same.
    By: John from WA from Wa, Australia on September 18, 2016 @ 2:25 pm
    Hi ,

    I thought my child support payments were finished because last year the CSA told me I only owed $8000 and then they started taking over $150 per week to pay the outstanding debt. I paid my ex-wife the money, now the CSA without warning me went to my payroll master and started deducting over $350 a week out of my pay. The CSA warned me to do my tax for 2015/2016 and they took all the tax refund of over $4000 and gave it to my ex-wife. I was un-employed last year from June 2015 to March this year. I started full time employment in late march 2016. Whilst I was unemployed I used all my savings until I run out of funds and used Centrelink in the last months before gaining employment. In the latter stages of my unemployment I had to borrow money to just exist and now since working I have had to pay this back. Now the child support has come along and taken money from my account, which by the way is not 18 cents in the dollar because my money paid weekly was exactly the same. I have only 6 weeks work left until my contract ceases and I told the CSA this they were not interested in my circumstances, because there simple-minded job is to take whatever money they see fit and give it to my ex-wife. This lady who has a house, a good car, a good paying permanent job and has just come back from a overseas trip, to find over $5000 deposited into her bank account. By the way, I failed to mention I have been child support since 1995 and the government has been taking money out of my wages all this time and I have two adult sons that totally oppose to seeing their father homeless in 2 months’ time.
    Thank you child support for not understanding the paying fathers of this country, you have the simple minded job of going into someone account and taking money with any consequences on your behalf and not giving a shit on how we are supposed to live on the minimum wage. Also, the people working at the CSA have no compassion and no people skills when talking to paying fathers, this is probably one reason we don’t return your annoying calls!!!!
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on September 17, 2016 @ 11:13 pm
    Kris - while an ex's new partner's income does not directly affect any child support you pay, it may assist you with any Change of Assessment application you make (say under Reason 8A or 8B).

    if she has any kind of qualification or skills etc, and is not working because her "lifestyle" allows her to not work - then you need to lodge an objection stating that she has capacity or earning power that is not being fully explored. If you can show that she is enjoying a certain lifestyle, and she should be working to assist with the raising of the children, then you may have course to have her income "deemed" for child support purposes.

    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on September 17, 2016 @ 11:06 pm
    Finally had a win in the CSA. Objected to an assessment whereby the ex had written her income down to $50K (runs her own business). I lodged a change of assessment under Reasons 8, and I was assigned an assessment officer who actually used common sense and judgement. The ex would not participate (wouldn't lodge documents), and her income was deemed (as capacity) up to $139K - massive $89K win for me. t

    She is not happy, but only has herself to blame for not participating adequately and not being open and honest in her dealings.

    so keep trying guys - it can happen.!!
    By: MrB from Victoria, Australia on September 16, 2016 @ 10:18 am
    For anyone self-employed there is a huge fault in the CS system that you need to look for. If you have tax debts and incurred interest and/or penalties prior to separation (and you claimed them as deductions) and the interest and/or penalties are remitted at a later date, they are then added to your real income. CS is then calculated on a false amount of income and you are charged more CS than you should be. The only way to attempt to have it corrected is to file a "special circumstances" form where they want to know everything about you. If you leave it longer than 18 months you then have to take CS to court to have it corrected. The system is wrong and needs fixing, but they don't listen or care.
    By: Neil from NSW, Australia on September 15, 2016 @ 6:51 pm

    First of all, Thanks to the amazing people who have been providing the timely advice when needed on this forum.

    I have a query regarding maintenance order for my ex-wife passed by an overseas court. My ex-wife (Australian citizen) who was working as a Registered Nurse in a public hospital in Australia has been living overseas with her parents for the last 1 1/2 years. We have a 3-year-old son who she took with her without informing me. I have been paying child support since our separation 2 1/2 years ago.

    Now she has got an ex parte order (without my knowledge) from the overseas court granting her maintenance and child support. Can the CSA enforce the court order passed by another country? My understanding is that the CSA can enforce the child support order passed by the overseas court, but won't charge me twice i.e. the child support that I am paying currently will be stopped.

    It is the maintenance order for my ex-wife that I am furious about. Is it enforceable? Can CSA enforce it on me? My ex-wife has the qualification (Nursing) and potential to earn more than me, but she is a lazy woman and wants to live off on my wage without working.

    Any advice would be appreciated.


    By: Jack from NSW, Australia on September 15, 2016 @ 2:10 pm
    Does anyone know if there is any way to get an FBT amount excluded for the purposes of the child support assessment? My partner received an incentive trip for exceeding his sales targets a couple of years back, but it was a benefit he could not take in any other form (eg. as cash). If it is included, it will artificially increase his income by $30K, and will result in a $2500 windfall to his ex who is already bleeding him dry. (He pays for 100% of the kids schooling, medical, and extra curricular activities, with no contribution by or recognition from her, and has the kids 47% of the time.) Any suggestions to point us in the right direction would be greatly appreciate! Thanks! :)
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on September 15, 2016 @ 8:44 am
    theres nothing CSA will do about your x living with someone she has the right to a new life so to speak and as its your child not the new partners you still have to pay BUT the only way you can do something is prove to centre link if she receives family tax A & B that she is living with someone ( as centre link take into account her partners money ) and both CSA an Centre link can than do something about your payments.
    By: Shaun from Qld, Australia on September 15, 2016 @ 5:13 am
    Hi All,
    I would like to know if anyone can answer my question??
    What are the rules on your ex wife having a partner who pays her rent and helps towards the up keep of the home has his business mail sent to the property ( he is a multi millionaire builder and so called best friend) who as I beleive also pays my ex to do his new build cleans and I presume that would be cash in hand.
    Is there any waythat the csa would take into account the rental payments that is being payed to my ex I understand it would have to be proved but what are the rules on her having a pertner living with her?? May I add that heoffered me a place to stay for a SHORT while in the begining so we could try to sort out our differences and withing a month was in a relationship with my ex wife and was trying to throw me out of the gagrage he let me live in on one of his many properties.
    I may sound like a scorned ex husband but the CSA have just sent me a new figurative amount to pay for my daughter but the amount is outlandish and I have never earned that much
    Any help or advice would be very greatly received
    1320. By: Sam from qld, australia on September 14, 2016 @ 11:39 am
    By: Craig from Nsw , Australia on September 3, 2016 @ 7:19 pm
    Well I have a current dispute with csa, I have been paying csa for over 20 yrs as I have 2 kids to my first partner then we seperate and I had another 2 to another partner yrs later. I have always paid my child support ( which left me destitute my whole life ) but for the last 6 yrs I have been unemployed and I can't get Centrelink payments as my wife earns to much , for the first five yrs csa put me on a " minimum wage need not to apply " which meant I only had to pay $34 a month. Now they are saying that the food that my wife supplies me and the clothes she buys me and the roof over my head is classed as an income and want me to pay $240 a month for 2 kids as the other 2 are over 18. How is this fair ? I can't get the doll , there's no work at all as we live in a mining town which has closed 2 mines in the last 2
    yrs , I can't get free legal advice as my wife is supposedly on too much money and I'm on a $0 income per yr for 6 yrs. how the hell do the expect me to pay $240 per month and apparently if I don't pay it ( which I can't ) it will build up a back depth building interest monthly and when I reach retirement age they will just take my superannuation, by that stage I will probably just end it as casa has left me with nothing my whole life.
    By: Garret from Florida, United States on September 3, 2016 @ 2:44 am
    Well to tell you the truth it gets like this because our government allowed this corrupt system to operate using federal laws butt they say you can't fight it in federal because it's a state issue think it over it's not a debt that you say you are we need to make them prove that the debt is validated send a validation letter see what happens
    By: Dee from Wa, Australia on August 31, 2016 @ 9:48 pm
    Hi all
    I've been watching my partner go through all of this and in the beginning I thought he should be respectful to his then soon to be ex wife but she seriously went nasty. She wanted to move from Darwin to Perth with the 2 kids and he agreed. She made him sign some silly document which didn't stand up in court anyway. Anyway she waited for him to relocate to Perth then changed her mind about moving. She went further by stating he could only have supervised visits when he could afford to go to Darwin. She threatened through lawyers that the police would be called if he went to the house, which was his house. He was on $300k a year at the time and paying combined spousal and child support of $10k a month but she wanted more and wanted him to have zero contact with the kids. His contract ended and he couldn't get a job. Hello CS and sorry the amount you have paid previously is not taken into consideration! Wtf? He now has a job at 1/3 of the pay and they take so much. As part of the financial settlement he took all the debt including the house because he can't sell it. He has almost $700k in debt from the marriage and is on the verge of bankruptcy not to mention suicidal! Do you think CS care? Not one bit! Does anyone know what's happening with these reforms of Pauline Hanson? Does anyone know political meetings where you can have your say about these things in Perth? I've tried to see where liberal and labour party's stand on this and I can't find anything.... Does anyone else think it's weird that our 2 biggest parties don't have anything on this?.. Finally I'm so worried about my partner, does anyone know any face to face groups where he would feel better? I can't believe how much power CS has. They take his wage before he gets it, his tax return (which we were hoping would help with his debt) and she lives the highlife!,, what the hell is going on? How did it get like this 😒
    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on August 29, 2016 @ 8:05 pm
    Thanks Byron, I didn't think so either. This guy who told me that sounded very sure about it. Just living in hope .
    And congratulations to Pauline Hanson and co,one of very few real people who care about this country,may you wipe away the years of brainwashing/social engineering from the people of this nation.
    By: Bryon from Qld, Australia on August 28, 2016 @ 7:41 pm
    Kris, unfortunately there is no chance of that happening. CS is based on the biological/legal mother and fathers income and not anyone elses at all. No exceptions.
    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on August 27, 2016 @ 9:32 pm
    I was told by a guy who pays child support like myself that if your ex is living with someone as defacto or married you can get a reduction in your cs . Does anyone know this to be true?.
    By: Herman Boitze from WA, Australia on August 27, 2016 @ 10:24 am
    I am not lodging my tax return and I intend on never lodging it I don't care about fees and all that I'm enjoying my earnings that go into my partners account. Csa still take payments from my wages and that's it I don't ring them or communicate with Csa because it's a waste of time they not there to help they are there to take. Don't give your ex details of where you work csa will find you eventually but they cannot deduct your earnings based on your current earnings if you haven't lodged your tax. Call me a fraud I don't care sick and tired of struggling trying to make ends meet.
    By: Garret from Florida, United States on August 27, 2016 @ 3:50 am
    I'm telling you child support enforcement is so corrupt and sick we the American people need to write our congressmen or Senators Governors whatever we have to do the get rid of this extortion in the system let's get together and shut this s*** down it needs to be it's proven enough that they do not care about the American people all they care about is how much money they can steal from you child support is a business that is not for the child it's easy to figure out watch the money see where it goes I been on the phone with the Congress Washington Senators governors they all say the same thing it is not our problem it's a state issue not a federal problem but yet they have rights to steal your driver's license and corrupt you or destroy you with false accusations
    By: Charlie from Vic, Australia on August 25, 2016 @ 9:08 pm
    I called csa today to let them know I'm struggling to maintain the ridicules child support payments of $1970.00 per month as I have ongoing bills to pay and that I'm behind in my rent ,they couldn't give a stuff ,absolutely no help what so ever ,as the tax year has passed now I had to back pay close to $9000 dollars as I under estimated my income by $20000,as I had to pay this I'm now struggling to make ends meet and now in arrears with my rent ,I explained this to the idiots at csa but got no compassion ,I told them I will have to move out and live in the car so I could maintain these csa payments ,from last financial year till now my csa payments have increased $500 per month with the same income estimate I had last year ,they are a Rort ,i relied on my tax return this financial year and I didn't even get a cent as csa took every cent ,it was my last hope to keep me going but these rats took it all ,I have no option now but to decide whats best for myself now as they are digging me in a big hole ..
    1310. By: Byron from Vic, Au on August 25, 2016 @ 7:15 pm
    Thanks MrB, they have all of my tax returns that show my income is less than half of what they are basing my payments on. I am having one more go to get them to reasses then I'm going to take them to court. They have been threatening me over a small debt which I refuse to pay as they back dated the assessment, not taking into account that the 2 years before that I did not work at all as I was caring for my kids and couldn't hold down a job. So I have been waiting for them to take me to court, but my guess is that they haven't as they know they will lose in court. They are nasty nasty people with no conscious.
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on August 25, 2016 @ 11:55 am
    Yep they do case it on your capacity to earn in my case they told me to get a job. I work went back to work 3 days after having a c-section ( 8 yrs ago and still work ) so they told me to get a better paying job so I work 2 jobs then they told me to leave my x alone its not his fault he dosent have any money he hasnt had a job in 8 -9 yrs how does he live ? So I asked them about his capacity to earn csa told me its not their problem wtf what is their job ? Any way it should go of your end of year tax and what the tax man says you earn wtats when csa work out how much you should be paying
    By: MrB from Vic, Australia on August 25, 2016 @ 2:57 am
    They can't impose laws that don't exist, also an abuse of an existing law (or non existing law) is called a "misfeasance in public office". Under Commonwealth law you can sue for a "misfeasance in public office" and people can lose their jobs. I would write to them and state your income and ask how they can justify imposing a higher rate of child support when you are sharing care 50/50. If all else fails engage a lawyer to have a look at it for you and take the written reply they give you. [Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, but hell I have learnt a lot]
<Prev 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next>1,357 - 1,308 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2022 All rights reserved.