Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next>1,395 - 1,346 Comments +Add Yours Over 931,033 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: gary from qld, au on November 6, 2016 @ 7:06 pm
    simple just stop paying
    By: paul from qld, au on November 6, 2016 @ 7:05 pm
    if every paying person stopped paying the system would collapse what better way to raise eyebrows in parliament
    By: Ramon from NT, Australia on November 6, 2016 @ 3:04 am
    When I question why the teenager I have in my care only gets $35 a month(Which he doesnt actually get BTW) and the 6 year old my ex has in her care I pay over $200. I'm told thats how the formula works. Well the formula is broken. In both cases the income is worked out on my earnings as they are on pensions. The fact i am the only one going to work to make life better for our children and that money is negated by taking it away with little regard for my family is astonishing. I feel my life is not my own anymore.
    By: Tim from QLD, Australia on November 5, 2016 @ 8:01 pm
    Rot in hell CSA.
    By: Shell from Vic, Australia on November 5, 2016 @ 7:31 pm
    I totally agree with all you say. I'm a woman and between those I have worked with listened to around school etc the majority of them are after money only. They are conniving, wicked women but our government rewards them for it. We got a restraining order on my husbands exwife so in return she stopped the kids from coming and gets rewarded with extra with extra money. She waited for an inheritance to come then left him after having an affair for 12months.
    They plan everything then rip off the system.
    I agree with you that the bitches at csa are on a power drive I would watch my husband get off the phone in tears.
    Change your phone number don't give it to them
    Good Luck all you men!,
    1390. By: AJ from W.A, Oz on November 5, 2016 @ 7:12 pm

    Thanks for the heads up. Even though I was verbally warned about the travel blocking, I do not think that the sum that I owe them would warrant this. After all, it is only 3k when all of their ridiculous penalties are removed.

    My eldest is 17 now, the younger one 16, so not so long to go. I have only just started work again, and this week CSA gave me a revised estimate of $320 per month. In regards to the verbal threat, I get a feeling that these lesbo's who work in their call center get off on a little power trip.

    The one, single time in all these years that my payment was worked out correctly, it was done by a man.....LMAO.
    By: DM from WA, Australia on November 5, 2016 @ 8:59 am
    The system is seriously flawed. When a couple divorces then all assetts should be split 50/50, no child support paid, 50/50 living arrangements for the kids unless the kids decide otherwise. It should be up to each parent to support themselves financially.
    I cannot see this draconian system ever changing. Unfortunatley it feeds the greedy ex-wives who planned this for a long time before ending the marriage and did their sums and worked out it is a win win for them. This system almost encourages divorce by making it so financially rewarding for the women.
    I earn exceptionally good money now however after the massive amount of tax comes out then then $400 a week child support it brings me down to a quite pathetic wage for the highly stressed position I hold with very long hours. This brings her income up considerably from the measley wage she earns for herself because she has never applied herself to better to actually earn more. So with her wage from her very easy short hours job plus child support, plus family payment , plus scamming money off charities claiming to be poor she now exceeds my income.
    The thing is she was left with the house, contents, car, money, everything and I walked away with the shirt on my back. I have furniture in my rental that I had to pick up from the street verge that other people were throwing out.
    So my kids when with mum get to do things and have fun experiences that I essentially pay for. When with me it is a struggle financially, I cannot provide those experiences. If I had all the money I provide for child support we would live like kings.
    I for not one minute begruge paying for my children. What I do object to is raising the living standard of a lazy ex that could not work to do it herself. But then constantly tells the kids that she is doing it tough and and dad never pays for things etc, etc.
    I started work at 15 years old, I work hard and am proud every cent I have I have earned. I am now quite old with nothing and by the time I can save again when my child support ends I will be an old man.
    The system will never change as no one cares, similar to the VRO system where practically every divorced dad I know have had a VRO slapped on them. This is advised to the women by legal aid to protect the house and keep the dad from taking anything plus to gain leverage in family court and of course to kick him while he is down.
    All the time the government have this system which is essentially a lotto win for the women, it encourages the scum bags of this world to split and take the easy way.
    To all the decent women out there that do not follow the greedy path, to women that work hard for their own money, to women that do not poison their children with lies, to women that actually have some morals, ethics and standards, well done and all respect to you.
    By: Jimmy from QLD, Australia on November 4, 2016 @ 9:57 pm
    Don't take the DPO lightly, as they do it and I know first hand. I was on a trip abroad leaving from the GC via Sydney on route to Dubai. I got as far as Sydney were the AFD stopped me and would not allow me to travel due to CSA debt. I had to pay 28K which I got a loan for and travelled 3 days later. And I have never been back in Australia since. This was 3 years ago, so in all that time I have not seen my kids. The CSA is so rot as well as the AAT which believe me again is a waste of time. Although I am not working and have not been in a few years the CSA has fixed my payment amount at $3200 per month. So now I owe a further 60K. So will I ever see my kids again. I dont think so. The country is just Fd.
    By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on November 4, 2016 @ 7:30 pm
    Yes they can stop you leaving the country. There is no warning, just a letter in the mail or a phone call informing you that you are now subject to a Departure Prohibition Order (DPO).It does not need a court order for them to do this, just a debt. There is no set amount that will invoke this...just a debt that they choose to chase you for. They can seize assets if they so choose but this needs a court order. I have been on the end of a DPO and an attempt by the CSA to jail me. Just a word to all you people out there, the Federal Court WILL NOT JAIL YOU FOR UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT. They will coerce, bluff and cajole, but CANNOT jail you. A DPO is the worst they can do ...effectively jailing you on the island of Australia.
    By: AJ from W.A, Australia on November 4, 2016 @ 2:41 pm
    Hi community,

    In regards to my previous statements re; travelling, has anybody on this forum ever heard, or known of a genuine case of this happening at all please?

    Also, in regards to CSA seizing assets, does anybody know what sort of owed sum they may do this from?

    Thanks again

    By: AJ from W.A, Australia on November 3, 2016 @ 5:41 pm
    Thanks Robin.

    I was only trying to get an idea of the $ value that they may introduce these action on. As I said, if you remove all of the penalties, it comes down to about $3,000.
    For me though, there is injustice in the way the system works. My ex took the kids away because she was forced to work in the country - kicked out of 2 previous jobs, and she was over 1,000 kms away from me.

    And yet CSA opinion was that I did not want to see my kids!
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on November 3, 2016 @ 3:52 pm
    yep CSA can put a stop on you leaving australia Ive never heard if anyone has tryed leaving with a csa stop order on them throu
    Also if you own them money even after kids turn 18 they will still chase you for it
    Ex wifes are always the ones in the wrong when it comes to csa but i know a few blokes that do the same just saying
    By: AJ from W.A, Australia on November 3, 2016 @ 1:59 pm
    Hi community,

    I have recently been receiving threats from the CSA, but I really need to know if they CAN do the sort of action that they are threatening, not sure if they can. My story is complex. I have one daughter overseas from a relationship, and 2 daughters here in Oz from my first marriage.

    CSA told me that I owe them $6,000 in back payments, of that, perhaps a little more than half is in fines and penalties that can be remitted. I was also threatened that that can block me from going overseas.

    My two girls here are 17 and 16, so my CSA with them will end relatively shortly. My youngest s birthday is in March, and I really want to fly to the Philippines to see her. Can CSA really block me from travelling?

    I don't want to book my flight if I will be stopped at the airport.

    I won't go into my case any more, because as much as my ex wife is a psycho, she always seems to win. Two years and counting down....thanks,

    By: craig from qld, australia on November 3, 2016 @ 7:06 am
    also to anthony have you sent csa a bill for breach of agreement as they need to pay damages?
    By: Greg from Western Australia, Australia on November 2, 2016 @ 9:13 pm
    Hi Anthony, does it mean you pay the child support as prescribed, but they still take the tax return? I am asking as it has not happen to me so far, so want to be "ready". I know they often take tax return when they pursue some debt or such (often they create one themselves from nothing...), but usually there was the "arrears" case they came up with in order to take the return.
    1380. By: craig from qld, australia on November 2, 2016 @ 2:12 pm
    this may help some folks
    By: Matt from NSW, Australia on November 2, 2016 @ 12:59 pm
    I am currently objecting to a fixed rate being applied to me. I am currently unemployed, my only income is via rental income from an investment property, this is negated by interest, rates, strata fees etc before any maintenance and repairs I might see around $5000 per annum. However, I have to prove to the CSA how I support myself. My partner works full-time and she supports me but not via an allowance or the like. What do I need to do? I want to do the right thing, but I don't want to get screwed over by saying my partner supports me financially.
    By: Adam from South Australia, Australia on November 2, 2016 @ 4:33 am
    I took full time care of my 3 year old son 5 months ago. My ex-partner has been difficult to deal with for most of this time, paying piddly amounts to help me care for him ($30 - $50 per f/night when she receives parenting payment + FTB's for my son and 3 other children) and even then doing everything possible to get out of paying anything. I have been struggling with Centrelink for months to claim for my son so you can imagine how I felt when I noticed that a $50 f/nightly deduction for Child Support paid to my ex (for our little boy who she makes no effort to even see) was set up last f/night without any notification from the CSA.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on November 1, 2016 @ 5:39 pm
    Ian King - thank you for your outline. very handy, as I am in the middle of writing my submissions.

    if you don't mind a chat, and have 10 minutes - do you have details of how I can contact you direct. Don't need advice, just a chat about the process in the court.
    By: Ian King from QLD, Australia on November 1, 2016 @ 2:31 pm
    Hi Oscar,

    I did not take my COA as far as the Federal Court. However I was in the Federal Court previously, attempting to obtain a Parenting Order. I got completely steamrolled by the Judge. It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

    My advice would be :

    [1] Don't go alone. If you can afford a lawyer, get one. If not, then at least take a friend or relation with you. Preferably somebody with experience of the legal process who can support you.

    [2] Plan what you intend to say. Write it down. Be patient. Don't allow the Judge to conclude your case until you have had the opportunity to state your case. Tick it off on your printout as you proceed. If you need a break to regain your thoughts, then request one. Don't feel pressured to rush through at their pace.

    [3] If you have submitted affidavits and documentation to the court, take your copies with you. Don't assume that the Judge has read these and is familiar with the evidence contained within them. Read out the relevant sections.

    [4] If you are before the Federal Court, then I assume you have already gone through the COA, Objection, Review and AAT process. Therefore you are appealing on a "Point of Law" ? Print out and highlight the relevant sections of the "Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989" that you believe has been contravened. Refer the Judge to it.

    [5] Don't hold your punches. If your ex-spouse/CSA/AAT has been untruthful or broken agreements, then produce the evidence, and make the court aware of it.

    [6] In Brisbane, you can attend Court as an observer. Go to court a few days before your hearing, and observe the proceedings at someone else's hearing, so you have an idea of how it works.

    Most importantly, don't be intimidated by the process. Respect the Judge, but make sure you have your say.

    Good Luck

    By: MANDY from western australia, australia on November 1, 2016 @ 2:19 am
    please help me!
    i pay sixty dollars a month to an ex out my social security this is for childrenaged 24,21m,26
    i live on trwen dollars ech pay day
    i am income m anage i did this myself i have been on sosial security payments since 2001 and they have taken this money for five yearsand i carnt get them to hear me i am seriously at my wits end i have anxioty and agrophobia i am loose any hopeof ever getting the help to stop this they have clearly messed up and i can prove it yet i am sinking where in perth do i go to set a undue hardship claim agaionst individuals and the agency how do i get the money back how do stops this before i just give up five years ive got hardley and fight left in me .
    By: Anthony from SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia on October 31, 2016 @ 7:40 pm
    By: Julian F from nsw, aussies getting smarter on October 31, 2016 @ 8:12 am
    First thing to remember peeps is not to enter into any agreement with agents of CSA, no matter what notices of demand they send you re any alleged debt. I mean why would you want to, who the hell are they re private business between you, your ex & your kids?

    Second, if you have already made some commercial agreement you can look at how this agreement was formed & raise relative defences to render it null and void or attempt to form a new agreement at any time with use of tacit acceptance. Remember agreements are dynamic.

    Third, you can build upon what Joel said below & simply conditionally accept to pay any financial obligation upon proof of claim. There must be a valid contract with all the essential elements including wet ink signatures & a meeting of the minds. In other words a contract can only exist between living men or women else its void & unenforceable. No living man/woman can ever have a contract with CSA [as it's a dead entity & mindless], it's all bluff, smoke & mirrors & tom foolery. Yes it's hard to accept but many payers of child support have been duped, died & suffered for a very long time due to a lack of knowledge. Anyway no more, learn & fight back!
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 30, 2016 @ 5:40 pm
    Is there anyone out there who has gone through a change of assessment process, and objected all the way to the Federal Circuit Court??

    I am about to attend the FCC and would like to talk with anyone about what to expect.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 30, 2016 @ 5:38 pm
    DJ (from WA)

    once you are in the system it is very difficult to get out. The only way is that the parent receiving the payment must end the case - completely.

    Now - if she is also receiving any Centrelink or anything like that, she CANNOT end the case, else risk losing some or all of any of those benefits as well.

    so the key is - if you have an amicable relationship, and are both non-government dependent - then it is possible.

    A far better way if you can manage it.
    1370. By: Jim A K Bailey from Auckland, New Zealand on October 30, 2016 @ 6:26 am
    MSD-CYFS-&-WINZ (New Zealand style CPS and Welfare), the so called Family Court, so called **Child Support**, their workers and contractors and those who are/were in the process of making GLOBAL Family Law and Social Policy ***HAVE-MUCH-2-ANSWER-4*** - BEST Invoke 2nd Chronicles 7:14, be Onward together with YAHUAH ELOHIYM and His MOST Original Scriptures as BEST we KNOW them, as comfirmed via The DEAD SEA Scrolls now in the Leon Levy Digital Museum, See for yourself on the Net or READ ONLY Translations/Transliterations rendered DIRECT to AVOID Word smiting from within pagan infested religious writting such as tulmud, douay rhiems, kjv and all that comes from them - HandsOnEqualParenting from Conception NAIL Deep within GLOBAL Family Law and Social Policy and SCRAP so called Child Support is a way forward - Onward - BLESSINGS from Beach Haven, Auckland, New Zealand, Jim / JimBWarrior
    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on October 28, 2016 @ 9:07 pm
    Hi to all paying parents. Csa /family flaw multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new stolen generation and domestic violence.
    During my rants about csa etc, my wife said that paying cs is like a jail sentence. You really have no say ,get depressed/suicidal, angry ,it affects your health and relationships, financially restricted, and in my case I will finish paying 18 years for a son I am a absent father to,not by choice, but because the system allows it. So people good luck to you in your own battles , if all goes well I'll be out in 5 years.
    By: Shell from Vic, Australia on October 28, 2016 @ 8:40 pm
    Maybe a decent law firm needs to file a law suit on csa for bullying causing depression, mental health issues and suicide. I know heaps of men that suffer depression and contemplate suicide due to csa constant hounding, bullying and stand over tactics. The best thing you can do is go to the doctors have it noted go on anti depressants and if you are out of work you can claim due to mental illness.
    Don't have bank accounts in your name only nor assets change your phone number don't tell csa.
    Hang in there
    By: Verity from QLD, Australia on October 28, 2016 @ 7:29 pm
    Hey Ross. If the mother and baby are in Ireland, wouldn't their system be chasing you? Or does CSA here take over their job (how nice of them....not). Anyway the child support assessment should be based on your income and the mothers income. If you suspect she works cash in hand apply to CSA for a change of assessment based on one of the 10 reasons....particularly the one that talks about the income and earning capacity of the other parent. If she is deliberately not working to maximize payment from you then definitely apply under that reason. They require parents to work if they are able. Also, wouldn't hurt to let the relevant govt dept over there know that she's doing cash jobs....especially if she's receiving any welfare too. You should have your income and hers (even if she's crying poor) on the assessment notice and you both have a self support amount...but as you have another child, you also get another amount set aside for your new dependent child. For safety get a joint bank account with your new partner. CSA can't touch joint accounts. If you go for the change of assessment to start and grass her out to CSA for failure to work when able and also to the ATO equivalent for hiding income you'll be off to a good start. It can be a long road to justice but don't give up and don't let CSA bully you into paying more than you can afford. They also have hardship provisions and are not allowed to require payments that would deprive you of the ability to provide your family the basic necessities. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on October 28, 2016 @ 8:56 am
    A: is the kid back home yours ? did u dna test to make sure or just took her work for it ?
    B: australian law states all children have to be supported by both parents not just the care giver ( the mum )so your stuck and have to pay csa for both kids
    C : what the x does with her money is not a csa problem
    Its hash but so is raising kids ask for a look into the case maybe csa will drop some payments to make up for you being out of work I dont think they will but just on a reason 8
    By: Ross from WA, Australia on October 28, 2016 @ 8:08 am
    I'm an Irish man with Australian citizenship living in Perth. Before I left Ireland I had a fling with a girl knowing it would not go any further as I was going to Oz for a better life. I was here 3 weeks when the phone call came to say she was pregnant and that it was mine. Being my nieve self I took her word and promised to support her but I told her I would be staying in Oz for the long term. I flew back to Ireland that Christmas to meet my son and christen him. After 2 years of paying her more than enough I hit a blip, broke my leg and was out of work and she got the CSA over here onto me.I was mad and told her do what she liked, this has being the biggest mistake of my life. Ever since I have dealt with CSA they have left me angry, depressed and all of the other emotions that have being mentioned on this site. I don't know how to explain the effect these people have had on me and the money they have taking from me while I am living on the other side of the world trying to make a better life for myself. I have found a partner and just had a baby girl which they want me to support on $1000 a week while she sits back in Ireland with her family supporting her, working cash in hand and receiving all this money from Australia which she would not get if I was at home. She does this because she hates me and sees how much stress it causes me and my new family. I have being penalised for not declaring extra income that I have earned through hard work and O/T. It drives me to a state of depression and will probably end up with me having to leave Australia. At least I have this option, I feel for people that have to suffer this injustice without an option. Can anyone give me some advice on this, I don't know what I am looking for but I have bottled this up for 3 years now and need some help!!
    By: Jason from Vic, Aus on October 27, 2016 @ 6:05 pm
    At our financial mediation, following separation, I paid a joint debt of $50K. Does anyone know if half of this debt can be offset against your child support assessment.
    By: Joel from nsw, aust on October 25, 2016 @ 6:36 pm
    First determine DJ if you have any financial obligation and to who? ie. before any payment can be made request proof of debt; copy of contract, validation of debt and verification of claim.
    By: DJ from WA, Australia on October 25, 2016 @ 4:48 pm
    Once you are in the CSA system can you ever get out?
    By: Shell from Vic, Australia on October 24, 2016 @ 7:23 pm
    Hi Verity
    We are in exactly the same situation. My hubby has been paying for about 13 years.csa actually pressured him into paying for braces they threatened him with garnishing wages so he did. We later found out through legal advice he should have told them to get fff. Since then his ex stopped the kids from seeing him so she gets even more money. We have 2 kids together I am on the disability pension and unable to work and only get 50.00 a week because it is based on his gross wage.child support is also based on his gross wage. We have even been told by csa that his older children come first. We applied for a review and everything is always rejected wher as she applies and there is no questions asked. We have changed phone numbers so csa can no longer harass us. Doesn't stop the payments though 1000.00 a month for a 50000 wage .not bad hey
    1360. By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on October 24, 2016 @ 9:02 am
    Verity from qld
    CSA can NOT touch your income at all they are full of shit its not your kid its your husbands kid nothing by law or blood to you. Have you filled out the right forms to have CSA redo his income as he supports another child they have to take that into account. Your csa payments are to pay for anything the kid needs so dont give anything extra she wants private school she pays for it she wants dental she pays for it look into legal aid they can help with CSA and its a sliding scale payment so that should help.What the ex does with her money csa dont care but if shes taking the boy over seas with out a father signing paper work your partner can have that stopped worth looking into as who signed his passport
    By: Verity from Qld, Australia on October 22, 2016 @ 4:41 pm
    It's so sad reading all these stories. My partner has been hounded by CSA for 17 years now and it's just relentless. He never sees his son and we tried to get access but lawyers told us it was about ten grand to fight....which of course we don't have. We missed some payments because my partner didn't get any work for a few weeks here and there and they went for automatic garnishee order at 19 cents in the dollar! We applied for hardship as we're a one income family with a disabled son of our own but their answer is to now reassess his arrears agreement and increase it! He only got a debt as he was stay at home dad for a few years and had no income. It's such an unjust system. We've met the payments 80% of the time but sometimes stuff happens. It's always been a priority. I despise the way they just base it on gross income and don't consider the costs of raising individual children. It's especially hard when you see the ex going on os holidays 4 times a year and refusing access. Now they're taking my income into account to pay arrears which is the final straw for me. Especially when it's govt payments for our disabled son! I really feel for everyone. I do know they have 2 follow procedural fairness and give you an opportunity to respond to and object to unfair decisions. Someone mentioned dental care/ school fees etc. The ex decided on private school years after they split and demanded half the fees but I found out unless the parents decided on plans like that before splitting the paying parent can be liable but if not there's no obligation to pay. We didn't. I was buggered if I was going to watch her son go to private school while mine only got state school!
    By: robmeoff from wa, australia on October 21, 2016 @ 1:45 am
    Sammy. Sorry but you dont get it do you?
    I had a private agreement with my ex which the CSA only gave us the $number$, all was going along swimmingly but then when the ex got all bent and filthy she involved the CSA as "collectors" and once that has ben initiated you are well and truley F*CKED.
    By: George from Nsw, Australia on October 20, 2016 @ 9:14 pm

    Don't go to court over this matter! It's not worth the money and the hassle mate. You'll get absobloodylutely nowhere except in s**t creek w/o a paddle.
    If you actually do wish to go to court to see your son then I suggest having a sex change first. Not kidding.
    By: gary from qld, au on October 20, 2016 @ 7:06 pm
    if everyone at the same time stopped paying child support the system would collapse only then will our voices will be heard
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 20, 2016 @ 7:04 pm
    Tom - not sure you will get fined. By the CSA's own guidelines, you only have to let them know if your income circumstances change by 15% .. only you will know your circumstances enough to make that call. It may be that you just get a "debt" - which they will take from any tax return you do in any event.

    good luck
    By: Sammy from Vic, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 10:27 pm
    Why does anyone ever wanna involve a 3rd party interloper like CSA? If you wanna send ex payments keep matters private & direct. We can't blame CSA for being barbaric if people keep supporting and empowering it by using it!!! You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    By: Tom from QLD, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 8:16 pm
    Thankyou Oscar, do you know if I would be fined if I wait until the end of the financial year and make a lump sum payment?
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on October 19, 2016 @ 7:50 pm
    Tom in Qld - it's not done by percentage anymore. It is calculated on earnings. difficult to ascertain if you are only a casual employee, and it might be that at the end of the year, you wont have earnt enough to pay child support above the minimum.

    the best "estimate" for you is to use the calculator on the CSA website and enter in the details as best you can. It will give you some idea ...

    if you think you will only earn a minimum amount, you could run the gauntlet until tax time, and then deal with it and any arrears you might have. that consideration can only be made by you with all due weight to "how much do you WANT to pay", "is the relationship with you and the ex an amicable one, in which you can come to some agreement" and "how close you are to the end of your case" ...these are only questions you can answer.
    By: Tom from QLD, Australia on October 18, 2016 @ 9:20 pm
    I have just started casual work after being out of work for 11 months. The work is very casual, one week I might not get any hours, the following week I could get 40 hours. What I am wondering, which CS refuses to answer, is what percentage of my pay do I pay for one 16 year old child?
    1350. By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on October 18, 2016 @ 11:19 am
    A stat dec is not proof of who the father is CSA cant accept it at all. Is he on the birth ceft did he sign it ? If not CSA broke their own law as it states 44 weeks before and after a child was conceived parents must be in together. Dont pay a red cent to CSA or to the x ask for a rule 8 as it stops them chasing him then see legal aid they will help get a court order for DNA test which CSA will only accept
    By: Suzanne from, Australia on October 17, 2016 @ 3:12 pm
    HELP!!! woman fraudulently signed stat dec for proof of parentage.
    CSA accepted a stat dec on face value, which turns out they are well within their rights. They didn't compare signatures or verify the witness. On one occasion I was told the witness name was too hard to read. 2 phone calls were made, but no voicemail left.

    CSA sent 2 letters to alert him it was accepted, both letters which they received return to sender.

    This all took place in April 2016 and we knew nothing of it until I opened a statement for child support for a 10 year old girl in AUGUST 2016. Just about 5 months, no other mail or contact made.

    This has torn us apart with stress. And the next best part is that the only reason he is not allowed to object to the decision is if disputing parentage.

    She has nothing else to say its his, they didn't know each other then .... I met him the week that baby was conceived.

    CSA have escalated the case to fraud on their end but we aren't entitled to know the outcome??
    By: Dave from Qld, Australia on October 15, 2016 @ 10:39 am
    Hi guys,

    So my x and I have court orders in place that say no one can do any medical treatments without the others consent, this includes braces. So if your x partners are taking you for a ride appeal it through CSA. Yes it's a pain in the butt, but it's better than paying $$$$$ you probably don't have. If CSA fails take them to court. Make sure you document everything you do in a dairy as it can be used as evidence. I've been dealing with CSA and court since 2008. I've been through a bit so any question just ask.
    By: Trent from California, USA on October 14, 2016 @ 9:34 pm
    I recommend any Australian men who are getting screwed over come and live in California! Living is cheaper than Melbourne was and My pay isn't bad either tehehe. I've heard Kentucky and Seattle are great places to live $$$-wise but can't beat California mates
    By: Adam from Vic, Australia on October 14, 2016 @ 2:04 pm
    Hi All,

    So all of a sudden my ex does not want me to see my son and says he also does not want to see me nor does he want to talk to me...Long story short i stopped paying child support whats the point if i cant see my got to about 4k and now they garnish my wage and have been working 6 days a week to pay it off @ $150 per week extra Totaling $500 a fortnight!! Anyway my question is how old does a child have to be before they can say they dont want to see their father? I have been nothing but loving and supportive, and cant lose the rights to see him....Does anyone have anywhere i can go for information as I just get the run around...Thanks
<Prev 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next>1,395 - 1,346 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2020 All rights reserved.