Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next>1,676 - 1,627 Comments +Add Yours Over 887,679 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Bob from SA, Australia on February 28, 2017 @ 7:02 pm
    Beware of entering into any commercial agreement with csa, banks, courts, councils, telcos, tolls, police or any corporate agency from the get go. There is an imbalance in power and all terms and statutes are unilateral weighted in their favour. None has any authority prior any agreement, so don't consent. Only a claim can be made against you if loss has been allegedly caused. So again, beware people of good faith.
    By: Daniel from Ex-NSW, Ex-Australia on February 27, 2017 @ 11:28 pm
    Best advice ever: Move far away BEFORE csa signs your name on their invisible contract!!
    By: Mark from Vic, Australia on February 24, 2017 @ 10:56 pm
    This terrorist organization CSA who terrorized my life for over 10 years , I want to tell them thank u mother fuckers for making me hate my own son and hate the fact of having children with other good women who deserves to have and raise children , but uz killed my good heart , I haven't seen my son for almost a year and it was my decision for me not to see him becoz of he's dirty mother the one tht she has been using him to drain the fuck out of me and take all the money and buy brand new car bmw every year ,,, I truly hate my son and his mom and I promised my self not having any children in the future anymore ,, I hate kids from now on ,,, I wanna tell everyone to wake up , ur kids and ur money are not urs , how many years u sacrifiy for ur kids people they will take ur health ur wealth and at the end when they will turn 13 fuck u dad , see u later ,,, people we look after the children of that shit ugly corrupted world ,, thanks CSA for making realize how fucked the world and to have a children from ugly gold digger wives
    By: GV54 from NSW, Australia on February 24, 2017 @ 9:31 pm
    Quick question
    Has anyone came across the predicament of the other parent actually working for the CSA?
    I put in for a change of circumstance because i am not working at the moment (lovely wife supporting me) i also finally did tax so my taxable is now lower then what they had me estimated at bringing the child support payments down. The other parent has put in an objection about it.. The kicker is she works for the CSA and therefore would know all the ins and outs and the correct things to say. Also how am i sure that the "case" worker is not her friend having a good chat to each other? would love any ideas or info on how to deal
    By: Bob from SA, Australia on February 23, 2017 @ 10:38 am
    Making any agreement with child support agency or any agency of government is where we all go wrong. There is no authority they initially have, just the authority from the terms (their acts and statutes) associated with any agreement you enter into with them. SO BEWARE!!!
    By: Matteo from NSW, Australia on February 20, 2017 @ 11:33 pm
    Lawyer advised me that after doing DNA my ex can take me to court any day for child support. I just wanted reassurance the child was mine. Now SHe can just decide on a wim one day, wakeup and go 'I want $' and apply to court and WIN right away. I semiregret DNA now coz im waiting for her to get mad and use it to fuck me over. She already tried calling them but they can't do shit w/o her going to court and getting it ordered. Hate knowing balls in her court.
    1670. By: Tim from WA, Australia on February 16, 2017 @ 3:35 pm
    Thanks for your reply Robin from New South Wales. Yes our orders do state that she wasn't aloud to take them away and so will be facing that as well next month in court.
    Regards :)
    By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on February 16, 2017 @ 12:34 pm
    If you have consent orders in place did they have a relocation clause in them ? If they didnt she cant move without you agreeing. As you have found them and they are back in your home town the courts wont let her move with them again unless its in her and the kids best interest as in she got a better job or remarried. CSA is in place for a reason so its to be used on the kids and it will have to cover their air fares.Also when you go back to court ask that if she moves ( only on court agreement and your ) she has to cover all costs of travel to you.Also all csa payments can be claimed on tax that started about 2 years ago I think just need proof you pay it
    By: Gsm from Qld, Australia on February 16, 2017 @ 11:51 am
    My letter to Kathryn Campbell

    Dear Ms Campbell

    Congratulations. Last night a friend of mine committed suicide by gassing himself in the car he had been forced to live in by your department. Whilst restricting all access to his children the CSA garnished approx 60% of his wage and left him unable to support himself.

    The social/socio-economic repercussions of direct action from your dept is nothing short of disgraceful and inhumane. Homelessness, domestic violence, tax evasion, unnecessary community angst are just some of the issues that you appear happy to turn a blind eye to.

    If i had known my friend was in such a bad way i would have offered a roof over his head at least, but it seems the embarrassment he faced everyday and the depression he inherited from not seeing his children and the lifestyle you forced him to live stopped him from reaching out to people who could help, and subsequently led to his death.

    You are a disgrace and everything your dept stands for is flawed. You dont care one bit about the children, all you do is promote legally assisting women in this country to use their children as pawns against their fathers.

    If your dept wasnt as malicious as it is im sure a large majority of these separated couples would be able to work together in the best interests of their children.

    I hope you sleep well at night on your $500k+ salary a yr and blood on your hands, you will forever be known as a murderer and the worst Human Resouces Secretary this country has seen.

    R.I.P. TK.......he was a good man, a good father and deserved better. If you would like the details of his funeral so that you can attend and see what your handywork has done first hand i will be happy to pass it on to you, dont expect a kind reception though.

    Insincerely yours


    Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 on the Telstra Mobile Network

    By: Timothy Godfrey from WA, Australia on February 16, 2017 @ 10:41 am
    Hi quick question. I am facing trial as my ex kidnapped my kids last year and took them to Victoria but with out doing things the correct procedure as far as our court orders. Long story short is I found them and with recovery order returned them until further orders. My question is if she get to relocate them then who pays for their flights? is that cost CSA Deductible?
    Thanking you kindly
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 15, 2017 @ 11:20 am
    The 72,625 applications for intervention orders is just Victoria!!... What an abuse of the system

    Law firm investigated over alleged abuse of intervention order. A Melbourne law firm is the subject of a police investigation over claims it threatened a man to accept a low valuation of his former matrimonial home or he would be pursued in court over breaches of an intervention order.

    The most recent data from the Magistrates Court of Victoria reveals a 10 per cent increase in 2014-15 in the number of applications for intervention orders from the previous year. Most of the 72,625 applications were made by Victoria Police, which has placed a significant strain on the resources of law enforcement agencies and the justice system.

    However, Melbourne barrister Michael Challinger​ claimed intervention orders were increasingly being used to provide leverage during legal negotiations, which imposed a significant burden on the court system and police.
    He said the legal process required a mechanism to filter out spurious intervention order applications.
    "No magistrate wants to make a mistake, then appear on the evening news when an application has been refused and something terrible has happened. But orders do more than restrain violence. Often they separate a man from his children or evict him from his home," Mr Challinger said.
    By: Greg from Qld, Australia on February 12, 2017 @ 12:41 pm
    Here's another reason to keep kids from their dads.
    ex moved away with boyfriend while i was working FIFO took the 3 children.
    She gets max csa payment - 53k/year tax free
    She gets the dole and family benefits - 25k/year
    I pay my flights to perth from Brisbane job is ex perth
    When I see my kids ex demands a return flight for each child before she lets them go..
    Ex gets more cash in hand each week then I do and she won't work.

    Heres the worst of it..
    My daughter finished school and the ex pushed her onto the dole, then charges her rent (more money for ex)
    My daughter had enough and came to live with me, they cancelled her dole payment cause of my earnings, yet she can get on the dole living with the ex who rakes more money then I do a week due to benefits and csa..

    now the ex is using that as abuse against the daughter,
    stay with ex and daughter can go on the dole, (ex gets more rent + CSA)
    stay with dad and u have to work as u cant go on the dole..

    the dumbass who wrote the legislation really fked things up for the kids..
    the ex has been on the dole for 5 years and fked the kids over the get full CSA..anyone else would be in jail for fraud/abuse
    but not the women..put your hand up and repeat "domestic violence" 3 times and get anything u want legal aid, lifelong benefits.

    i don't and never have abused a female or child..current affairs get onto this and shame the ex's and politicians..
    the underlying factor to the increase in family violence and abuse ?
    By: Mark from Vic , Australia on February 11, 2017 @ 11:19 pm
    So 2 months ago the csa criminal group agency , garnished all my savings from my bank account without telling me and before that , they took my tax return all of it , anyways last month they send me a letter telling that I don't have any dept with them anymore , and thn I called back again to make sure that I have 0 dept with them and that am safe to do my tax return , so the January 15 2017 did my late tax return for the 15 and 16 , man I haven't received that money from tax return , yesterday called the ato and they c said , that csa took my tax return again , for fuck sake I have lost the plot and lost faith in tht system that it suppose to protect u , we work and we pay tax and we are getting screwed no previlige for us . I fucking give up on that system
    By: sbob from nsw, australia on February 10, 2017 @ 8:03 pm
    also thanks for your advice too Rob in Victoria
    By: sbob from nsw, australia on February 10, 2017 @ 8:01 pm
    att LH68 Be aware I also got stung with choosing to salary sacrifice. I think 1 year i earnt 52,000 but because the tax office sese it as potential income. So they will tell you that because of the tax you saved it goes down as potential earning and they bumped my yearly taxable income to 62,000 even know i didnt earn it, see a solicitor maybe...
    By: LH68 from WA, Australia on February 10, 2017 @ 4:47 pm
    Hi... I'm a part-time working mother, divorced from a lazy ____
    My ex has filed a CS Claim against me, I owe back pay now and will be left with $320.00 per week to live on. I have my son 50/50 he's brainwashed our daughter to stay with him 100% My son won't stay with me 100% as he's frightened of his fathers actions, as I am. I am thinking of salary sacrificing to reduce taxable income, but not sure how that will effect my payments to him long term, my son is 15yo and daughter 16yo. You hear of men getting screwed, well I can tell you I know a lot of women getting screwed over and losing their children to the courts also. The whole system is flawed, giving so called rights to 13 year old children who are manipulated by a parent. I've been through hell and back and it is still continuing...
    1660. By: robin from New South Wales, Australia on February 10, 2017 @ 1:33 pm
    make sure you dont have any outstanding money against you with csa other wise they can stop you at airport. My x has outstanding with them he got his passport to go os and was stopped at airport and told to pay it all or go home wasnt aloud to leave aus.
    By: Andrew from NSW, Australia on February 10, 2017 @ 1:12 pm
    Question, I currently pay my CS via deductions from my salary as determined by the CSA.
    Later this year I am moving over to the UK to work, marry etc...
    I plan on still paying my entilements, but outside of the CSA.
    Anything I need to be aware of for me to do this. I will of course be returning to Australia every 18 months to spend time with the kids but I currently have 47% care. Huge decision from me and I don't want any nasty surprises
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 9, 2017 @ 1:01 am
    sbob, That's shocking what they have done. You can apply to have the penalties remitted, but (correct me if i'm wrong) they only will remit them if all other CS payments are made first. On each statement it should say the total of the penalties that you can be remitted. What I find wrong about the penalties is that the law is written that the Govt keep the penalties and they are not sent to the parent with the children, THAT'S right IT IS NOT CHILD SUPPORT. How is that "child support"? That's Govt fat ass employee support!... and FRAUD! Try not to talk to them on the phone, do it all in writing so you have a record of what they say. When the time comes you write to them and say something like Dear Child Support Agency, I request remission of all penalties for the amount of $51,362,822.03 and I request a written reply within 7 days of the date of this letter. Regards blah blah.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 9, 2017 @ 12:42 am
    A song by Buckcherry for those really pissed off

    By: sbob from nsw, australia on February 8, 2017 @ 11:59 pm
    hi there, can others give me advice please.. the history of my problem started in 2010 when i recieved a call from child support saying I owed them over $8000 because i under estimated my income in 2004, 2006 and 2008. For the 6 years it took them to tell me i owe moneys I worked part time and casual jobs so it was always difficult to estimate proper in come, I said to them they would need to wait before I pay it back as they took 6 years to tell me this news. Since 2010 late payment fees etc now has me owing lets say $12,000, actual child support owing is about $5,000 and late payment fees are the balance,, how serious are they CSA when they tell me i can apply to not pay late payment fees etc.?
    for some time now ive cared for my son 6 nights in the fortnight but the monthly estimate is saying i should be paying say about $184 a month but the have been some times talking out 40-48% of my second job, last fortnight my second job paid $680 and I have noticed they took out atleast $320 from that, i was left with $360, my rent alone is $620 for the fortnight. one lady at csa mentioned i could file for hardship, i am back at my first job now and they are not taking any from there now, at one stage they took out 11% from both jobs. I negotiated with some one there for just taking that from one job. i did not recieve any noticed they were going to ask my employer for $159 a week they told me they tried to contact me to discuss it but i didnt get a call from there, i told them they could have sent me a letter online but they didnt, has any one gwt any advice??
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 8, 2017 @ 12:33 pm
    Don, It doesn't surprise me that they selectively disadvantage a payer. A few years back I received copies of 5 years of documents from them for no reason, nothing had changed so i had no idea why. In a letter I asked them why and the response was "You are under investigation"... What the? I hadn't done anything wrong, maybe my ex initiated it, i don't know, but for some reason they decided to target me and found nothing!!. It was a total abuse of laws and a total waste of money and caused concern for no reason. It was then I realised how narcissistic the staff are playing a power trip.
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on February 8, 2017 @ 1:46 am
    Hi everyone who is in WA this weekend.
    Dad's in distress and other groups have organized a Dad's and kids day in Guildford in Stirling park just behind Alfreds kitchen for this Sunday the 12th of Feb between 12.00 and 4.00.
    There are heaps of things to do like animal farms bouncy castle other rides and sausage sizzle and heaps more.

    Come and join the fun with your kid or not with your kids.
    Together we can make a difference.
    Divided we will fail..

    For more details or just a chat give me a call.

    0419 926 521
    By: gary from qld, au on February 7, 2017 @ 7:57 pm
    SG I am with you for sure I'm not paying a fuckn cent to these scumbags at all they will have to fight me with as much sweat blood and tears as It took me to earned it.
    By: don from nsw, Australia on February 7, 2017 @ 8:01 am
    RoBbEd.. Child Support Acts, Regulation and Secretary' require they do the right thing. However , underling all this is a inbuilt bias whereby they selectively chose to disadvantage the payer
    Check out "Child Support (Assessment) Regulations 1989" in particular part 7 which no one in child support will tell you about.
    This has to do with all aspects of income acceptance by CS

    By: Mic from Vic, Aust on February 6, 2017 @ 11:41 pm
    SG there are many who are with you... hang in there brother, for your sake, your kids sake and others in peril.

    Don't rely on the DHs, PHs, DHS's and other agents and trustees of the state to help, they live in a different world, it's just us common brothers and sisters who go through this heartbreaking shit.

    Ask yourself, do you as a man have a contract with a fiction named CSA? Bahhh.. Get them to prove you do.

    All tom foolery and christ knows how many fathers have been sucked in over the years, sending many over the edge through not realising there is no debt. Whilst ignorance of law is no excuse, shame...shame...shame on all those agents who partake in such fraud.
    1650. By: SG66 from WA, Australia on February 6, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
    Hey guys???
    Show me your support or I cant do it on my own..

    I need to know that we can help and make a change with these fuckers.
    The more i have sent emails and texts to them the more suisidle they hope I am.

    Fuck'm not doing it, they can just f'off..

    I want to fight so for fuck sake people help me to fight will ya???

    Who's got some nut's???


    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on February 5, 2017 @ 10:30 pm
    Hey everyone!!

    email the minister for human services and tell them what a bunch of low life no felling pricks they are.. Don't hold back..Let loose..
    They keep calling me and asking if I'm suicidal and are disappointed when I tell them I'm a fighter and wont give in to their wishes..

    Also ask for the ministers resignation as the f/wit is an
    ass whole or just a complete D C.
    So removed from the reality its just neglect on his behalf.
    Human services my fuck'n ass.
    Should be called Human suicides and CHILD SEPARATION SERVICES AND ABUSE..
    Just a huge industry that don't give a fuck about our kids and what the DEMONS are doing to them.

    Time to stand up people!!

    Email that Prick and tell him what a blind fuck whit he is..

    And I tell you where is Hinch and his Justice party??
    Also P. Hanson and her I'm for all Australians??

    another COUPLE OF FUCK WHITS only in it for them selves.

    Fuck'n gutless bunch of useless no good wind bags, well fuck too them big time.

    I should have the resources to stand for thew senate next time and give these fuckers what they deserve.

    If I know I will have enough backing I will use my resources/money to get there and fight for us all..

    Have you heard of Iron Bar Tucky??

    He will have nothing on what I will do to these low life scum bag f'nk bastards.

    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 5, 2017 @ 8:38 pm
    Hey Kris, I am sorry for your pain and negative experiences. As you can see you are not alone in this shitty situation. Did you gain any knowledge of potential flaws in the mafia's processes or procedures that you can share with those of us who are still willing to act to challenge this crap system for the future of our sons and daughters who may someday be faced with the same systematic oppression? There is little ego involved when the intent is to improve the situation for our future citizens. No doubt this is a war on our Civil Rights and those who instigate this war will have free rein if we don't stand and say NO. The war is over and the oppression will escalate if we don't stand against it. We need soldiers like you brother. Stand with us and help build the knowledge bank opposing them. Take care brother
    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on February 5, 2017 @ 9:28 am
    Hi to all paying parents csa/family flaw multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new stolen generation and domestic violence.
    Like many others i use this site to vent out my frustration and maybe spread some awareness. Otherwise i would be a bottled up anger monkey.
    I have been through this long enough and understand things very well not just the csa. The whole csa/family flaw is a product of this system/left regime , and if you want to change any of it you need to change the system otherwise its just a futile quest to satisfy your own personal blind ego. But good luck if thats what you want to do,its your choice. It not nice to read what can or cant be said on this site by people. Thats what the csa does to us very well is dictate and force.
    Isn't that what political correctness does , censorship through intimidation.
    Ive fought the csa,legal maggots the ex,sick of it ,dont need to come here and wrestle some more. Besides i do enough of fighting the fight in my inner circles.
    Revolution dreaming.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 5, 2017 @ 4:52 am
    Sometimes i think its easier to just pay the money and hope my ex chokes on a ham sandwich.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 5, 2017 @ 2:33 am
    Don, thanks for the reply.. Thats my whole point -> 112 Court may grant leave to amend administrative assessment that is more than 18 months old.

    Why is the court involved when CSA have a job to do and their own laws prevent them from doing that job making it more difficult, time consuming and costly for anyone to have anything corrected? Maybe it's free but time is money. The courts also cost taxpayers money... Judges are paid money... Its a huge expense all because someone wrote that CSA cant go back more than 18 months.

    its a lot more complex... I was self-employed and about 8 years ago i was fined $120k by the ATO for late returns with interest... About 2 years ago I was successful in having the interest remitted (forgiven) but that amount is then considered income and added to your real income... (adjusted income)... (e.g. you earn $60k and they add $120k, so you pay tax on $180k) CSA then take the $180k as your income and charge Child Support on that... Its a systematic fault in the system... I filed a special circumstances and CSA agreed it was wrong and reduced some of it but because of the Act refused to go back further than 18 months and refused to include one child that had finished with child support.... Then at the end of the last financial year, (for some unknown stupid reason) it automatically went back to child support on $180k. I submitted an estimated income and they refused it.... I should not have to keep submitting special circumstances (and bare my ass and soul) and estimated incomes when medical records already provided prove my incapacity to work... I should not have to start a court case or the AAT for their own systematic failures when they agree its wrong... WTF is wrong with these people??.... Another systematic fault is when medical records are presented they have no idea what they are looking at, and words they have never seen before... so they take the attitude of "it can't be that bad" or "maybe he is making it up"... CSA refused to allow me to claim medical expenses as a deduction from my "adjusted income" in some form of fairness that i'm disadvantaged....My medical reports state "permanent chronic illness", how much more do they want?...They have no concept of how physically ill this disease has made me and how disadvantaged my life has become... so all that aside, I have two options, pay the money or start a case... Like the Tax laws, the CS laws are written so that CSA can bend the rules to maximize pain and suffering... Which, if abused, is a "misfeasance" in public office.... If I had the energy and money I would sue each and every staff member from ATO and CSA that has made any decision to make my life harder.


    noun, Law.

    1. a wrong, actual or alleged, arising from or consisting of affirmative action.
    2. the wrongful performance of a normally lawful act; the wrongful and injurious exercise of lawful authority.

    And btw... As of the end of 2016 i'm now finished with CS...Which also makes it harder because they say "case is closed, you had your chance"..... i just have to clean up these loose ends...

    TIP: If CSA ever tell you that you can't claim medical expenses you MUST object because you can... It came back on their report that I didn't object when they refused, so they didn't do anything.
    By: don from nsw, Australia on February 4, 2017 @ 1:35 pm
    RoBbEd...please note Child Support will never tell you the truth or just enough truth to send you up a blind alley.
    Did you put in tax returns over this three year period?
    if you did your assessment for the new financial year should be based on the tax assessment not some previous year higher income. they just cant keep using an older period if they have the new tax amount.
    You CAN get them to go back more than 18 Months.

    read and understand ""

    Get all your medical records together , a letter from your doctor and any specialists, organize yourself and send complaint to AAT (a special independent adjudicator) no cost.
    make sure you insist that CS in on the phone during hearing and not your EX (done over the phone)

    THE AAT can also have penalties removed if you put it in your submission
    You need to read this from
    "Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989"

    112 Court may grant leave to amend administrative assessment that is more than 18 months old

    (1) If an application is made to a court under section 111, the court may grant leave for:

    (a) the Registrar to make a determination under section 98S; or

    (b) the court to make an order under section 118.

    (2) The court may grant leave for an order to be made under section 118 if the court is satisfied that it would be in the interest of the parties to the proceeding for the court to consider, at the same time as it hears the application under section 111, whether an order should be made under section 118. If the court does so, the applicant is taken to have made an application to the court under section 116 for such an order.

    (3) Otherwise, the court may grant leave for the Registrar to make a determination under section 98S.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 3, 2017 @ 7:36 pm
    I'm appalled at what they are doing to all of us. I have always tried to do the right thing. I became ill 3 years ago with a permanent illness (i wont ever recover) and CSA ignored it. I've now been charged about $5,000 more than what i should be paying because i fell behind due to the illness and didn't apply to have it changed in time. The Act states that they cannot go back more than 18 months and the only way to correct it is to take them to court. It's just unbelievable that they can get away with this!!! They know I have an illness, they know they have over charged me, yet the Act prevents them correcting it. They keep charging me more because the penalties are based on daily compounding interest rates from the Tax Act. This is plain and simple oppression, and i bet i'm not the only one this has happened to. If i refuse to pay it just gets bigger.... Had enough of these asswipes
    By: gary from qld, au on February 3, 2017 @ 7:12 pm
    Trevor I feel so angry with the way CSA have treated you! how dare CSA put a mental warfare on you and so many others do we all need a degree in law to survive the battles against CSA everyone in this country has and deserves the right to be treated fairly and find some happiness in there lives. CSA needs to be removed ASAP. one more person lost down this system is one too many I hope everyone has someone they can lean on when everything is on their shoulders
    By: don from nsw, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 5:53 pm
    Hi Trevor Watson They simply cant do that. CS is based on income not assets.
    They cant lock you in into the future if you do an estimate.
    You can only be charged 3 Months CS back pay from time of AFC
    (check they did this correctly) (some times 9 months)
    If they did not do the AFC correctly you may have a case with the AAT despite delay due to not being informed.
    rental return is income( but under separate law some may be a tax deductible)
    please note no responsibility taken for suggestions although they are based on my battle.
    1640. By: Trevor Watson from Nsw, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 5:20 pm
    Hey Don, I have requested Cuba notes and recordings. I did tell them I was not working and honestly declared my rental income from renting my property out while I was away. They sent me a letter stating. They claimed I had $80000 in savings and therefore I would not be placed into financial hardship. This $80000 was a line of credit it was debt not savings. My NEW Case manager is from the CSA legal section I am told. Part of the 15/16 financial year I was a good boy and paid all child support through private arrangement. This was not taken into account. This is a point of procedural stuff up. They tell me nothing will change regardless of my lower income as I am locked in at $82000 until 2018. I was sick and emailed doctors certificates and DR notes. They kept saying I refused to provide medical evidence then they asked me to provide evidence of the cost of my counselling and prescriptions. I had had enough and tried to heal myself and traveled Australia. I get back and here we go round the mulberry bush again. I have booked in to do some counselling next Thursday and I will work on all the points you have raised Don. Thanks mate
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 4:31 pm
    Hi Trevor Watson....Sorry for the delay ,i had to have another coffee to handle this S---.
    If you had no job for a period your tax return will show less income so when the new year tips over they must use this as your next year new assessment.
    Important .. if you then start earning above this average and don't tell them they will hit you with heavy penalties when the next year trips over.
    If you start earning more you can do an estimate ,either before end June for full year or any time for remainder of the year.see section 60 of Child Support (administration)act.
    Now ... Did you tell them you were not working? If you did they should apply section 65A and 65B of the ACT,(but they never do) this should reduce your assessment to $1060PA.
    They never report this on their Cuba notes so ask them to send copies of Cuba notes and copies of the voice recordings the take on every call and compare them. They cannot refuse you this request.
    Compare them if you told them SQUEEZE.
    Changing your case officer is another tactic they use to delay. confuse and stuff you. Insist on keeping the same one.
    Remind them of the Objects of the act (read it yourself at the top of the act)
    They only by law are to make decisions according to the act or the Registrars directive.
    You cant sue the Federal Gov but remind them that they can personally sued for damages if they don't follow the law. Gets their attention.
    As for letters .... Check that they have your correct address and insist on a copy of that Cuba note call this will prove they have your correct address. With me they sent mail to a 20 old address and failed to update my phone number.
    When you get "assessment letters" read the whole thing , the last few lines give you 28 days to object ( but more if you have special circumstance.. their is a list of these somewhere if you cant find i will look for you.
    As for your 15/16 $42000actual earnings i think what they have done is that you must of earned more in 14/15 and they have recalculated on a under "estimate" which allows them to multiply your???error and put on penalties.
    Section 55J tell them how to "GENERALLY" work out your new assessment. they follow this and ignore other provisions ie, not working.
    Going forward you need to do an "partial Year ESTIMATE" section 62A of the act . Before you do work out all your income from June 30 last year till the day you do the "Estimate" over the phone ok but get Cuba Notes and recording.
    Important .. if you start to earn more overtime etc you must keep abreast and report you extra before end of year .Do your tax return as soon as you can.
    if you are not working 65A and 65B above should come into play
    As for going forward you should do a partial year "estimate' if you are working or going back to work.
    I don't think it costs anything to take them to AAT but you must know where they did not follow the AC. As for your delay did you have medical (Stress,etc) problems this allows an extension
    Did you have a court registered "agreement" this locks parties in to some extent.
    If you had a "private collect" she can only claim 3 months back pay from the time she made her "AFC" "application for collection"
    If she made an "AFC" CS had to ask her certain questions which would (should of seen you get a phone call to confirm), They forget this bit. chase the case officer on this they will try to hide it.
    Also push them to drop the penalties .it is within their power.
    Good luck
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 1:22 pm
    Hey Lenny, didn't you say that Laurie Fittock had and was helping you to deal with the CSA shitheads? Where is this all up to for you?
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
    Hey Don just another question. The Opt in time to respond, I have never heard of this are they supposed to send you a letter or something confirming this right? Can we choose not to "opt in". If I haven't received said letter/right is this a procedural fault by Them?
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 12:49 pm
    Thanks heaps Don your a legend. My case officer is now from the Debt Recovery Legal branch. They have changed my case officer 3 times. I have not gone to AAT yet as I have intentionally avoided all courts and have not come to any agreement with these thieves. I took leave without pay for 12 months and they locked me in at earning $82000 until 2018. I roamed the country for 12 months and returned to a $22000 debt. I have requested the CUBA notes and the application for hardship payment. They reassessed my true income at $42000 for 15/16 financial year yet said that it does not effect the $82000 15/16 assessment and they continue charging $370 per week and of course their bullshit fees. My ex reniged on our parenting agreement and I don't see my beautiful 3 children. I have taken another year LWP living off nothing. Can't go back as they will just start stealing from me. My assets are in others names it is cat and mouse at the mo. Thanks for your guidance Don I will look into it.
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 10:26 am
    Hi Trevor Watson check out this site
    Fill out a complaint if they refuse make sure of your grounds and advance your case to the "AAT" within 28 days of their refusal. make sure to tell AAT that it a procedural problem and that CS must be on the phone hook up and not your EX. despite what this says +they must follow the rules, your problem is to work out what rules they didn't follow. Don
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 10:06 am
    Hi Trevor Watson... If you don't want CS involved you can get an "court registered maintenance agreement;"..with your ex. Should be done thru a layer to hopefully avoid future troubles.
    Another option is to have your case revert to private collect. Make sure you pay to ex,s bank account only(no Cash or goods)
    CS staff can only make decisions in line with the ACT's that govern it. BUT THEY GO WELL BEYOND THIS. You must get to know how the screwed you. They will not tell you your rights and deliberately miss lead you from my experience.
    Send a formal complaint to your "case officer" (make sure you have one ,these are higher up the BS ladder" ) A complaint must be about failure to follow the ACTs. Send a copy to "THE Secretary of CS"
    Also look at my entries below for important(hidden) web sites.
    In the The "operation...." site refer back to the "separated parents" heading in the black column on the left.
    Good luck
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 10:11 pm
    Hey Don, who do you send the formal complaint to. How do you go about sending the formal complaint? Cheers
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 10:03 pm
    Now that is the spirit well done brother. I'm in and I do not pay the CSA. I am more than happy to contribute to my children's upbringing (even though they spend little time with me) though I will not be dictated to by a Government body that operates through lies and deception.
    By: gary from qld, au on February 2, 2017 @ 3:13 pm
    trevor what we need is to disrupt the system by having a petition get 100000 signatures and if we are not heard every one should stop paying CSA, we would make the policy makers in this country to stop and listen. I am not saying that you go out and spend the CS money but keep it aside until we our voices have been heard. stop paying CS NOW who is with me
    1630. By: Don from nsw, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 2:56 pm
    Hi Pas ,.. If you had "private collect" Then the EX applied for an AFC see"" which is generally only three months back pay if she elected to do so. This can go to 9 Months Max. See "" Defiantly not longer.
    Note that you have an opt in period and that you should have got a letter from them requesting back pay. read the fine print
    By: Richard from western australia, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 12:57 pm
    Maybe australia should be pushing for this.
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 7:39 am
    Nice work Lenny keep stoking the fear fire and help the Mafia achieve their objectives. We already know that our Civil rights are being imposed upon what are we doing about it? No good running around telling the world that the sky is falling in. Look for solutions there are many suggestions on this and other parenting sites. Don't give into their crap.
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 7:00 am
    Gary your right in what you say about facebook and any other media device can be tapped read or info stolen and monitored m8, try watching the documentry called "citizen 4 2012" and you all will find out just how vulnerable we all are and have been for a long time, in fact there is no privacy anymore.
    it is a definate to watch.
<Prev 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next>1,676 - 1,627 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2019 All rights reserved.