Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next>1,506 - 1,457 Comments +Add Yours Over 953,025 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Shell from Vic, Aust on December 13, 2016 @ 8:52 am
    Hey Will
    You don't need Facebook. We haven't got it either same reason
    Go into Pauline Hanson one nation website. Go into contact us and there is an email
    Good Luck
    Tell her what you think!!!!
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 11:00 pm
    Hi Isla
    you sound like you have coped it from all sides and we all need you to make a stand with the rest of us and be a voice for the good of fathers and mothers that have been screwed by the elites and the powers that be!!

    We will not be sheeple any longer and won't follow their Dumb flock, we will do are damnedest to change the one sided corrupt system.

    thank you for your support and understanding.

    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 10:26 pm
    Hay Shelly well done, send it to Derryn Hinch (Justice Party? well lets see) and Jackie Lamby . and Nick Xenophon
    Their web sites there.
    Right now everyone send them something, tell them your story about the corrupt one sided system and dont hold anything back.
    Tell them your pain. I have and hay it might not help however they are hearing us and we can make a change.

    Stand up, be mad as hell but lets use it to combat this system/indestry we are stuck in.

    Remember everyone who is getting fat at our expense??
    I know you know the answer already!!

    The peasants are revolting -- that what they think of you.
    Your revolting because your X said you were.

    If you don't see your babies don't pay for what you have no control over. Just don't do it. The deceitful win again.
    Your children are being brain washed by some vindictive humans (that side of the family) and you are made out to be everything from a pedo to Hitler.

    Fuck'm dont let them do it to you, keep your dignity, be strong and forth right.



    Check this link out to the home of the free

    More to come soon.

    By: Isla from QLD, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 9:08 pm
    Hi, i am Wills Partner.
    As a woman i will be helping raise awareness & supporting Will get justice against the corruptness of the CSA. It is just wrong & disgusting the way fathers are treated & i am appalled that the law protects women who use children to steal money & Assets from their children's fathers, & the continuing of such abuse that the men are crippled emotionally, financially & physically that any attempt to try to rebuild their lives are nearly impossible. I stand by Will & all fathers used & abused by an outdated & sexist system. Change must happen & with numbers by both men & women with this lived experience, & women who support & advocate for their rights with them, i'm pretty sure the nation can be stopped & forced to take notice.
    By: Will from Qld, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 8:15 pm
    That would work but some of us have no Facebook due to being stroked on it and who don't want it due to other reasons. But we could do it some way.
    By: gary from qld, au on December 12, 2016 @ 7:21 pm
    there needs to be a petition I don't know how to set one up, or maybe a facebook page we can all get on there as a virtual petition
    1500. By: Shell from Vic, Aust on December 12, 2016 @ 5:38 pm
    My email to Pauline
    Hi Pauline
    Firstly congratulations for not giving up after all these years. Finally people understand what you are about.
    I am writing to you in regards to csa and how unjust they are against Fathers.
    I have watched my husband go to hell and back over the past 15 years. The emotional Blackmail from his ex , the threats from csa and the general treatment.
    We got a restraining order on his ex so to punish him she stopped the kids from coming and guess what maintenance went up. It is no use us going to court as this costs us a lot of money. This has put financial pressure on us as a family and not to mention the emotional, mental pressure it puts on us as a family. We have 2 children together and I was working 2 jobs before I had to have tendon transplants in my feet and was diagonosed with 2 autoimmune diseases we put in for a reassessment but it was rejected as csa stated his first family comes first. There needs to be a reform, if the female stops children or the children stop seeing the father then no extra money should be given. As a woman I have seen so many men be traumatised through all this and my opinion is csa causes a lot of the family violence for the pressures that are put on them. I went into family relations once and blasted them for being so unfair, I also blasted them for taking the violence against men posters down. WOMEN EMOTIONALLY VIOLATE MEN yet that doesn't count because there is no bruises to show.
    Pauline I ask you to have a look at Fathers 4justice site and Dads in distress.
    Women are getting away with murder( more and more men are committing suicide)
    Through this crap system.
    You help is needed
    Sent from my iPad
    By: LA1974 from WA, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 4:29 pm
    Hi all, I am with all of you, united we stand, united we fall! How much further can we fall anyway?! Australian Brotherhood of Fathers is another site who petition government...logo illustrates the number of men who commit suicide EVERY week due to a system designed for one purpose....profiteering and standing behind a formula even those at the CSA don't understand! We must pull together, we must work together, take the anger and emotion out of our argument though, we won't win! We are all aware it's unjust and unfair and the "one shoe fits all" policy cannot work. We need constructive argument to make them listen!
    By: Will from Qld, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 3:59 pm
    Ok people I have come up with a idea with it all.
    I keep say let's stand up well let's do it.
    We will have to come up with a day and it will be a hard thing to pull off. Coast can be high but we will all have to meet up at the head office of the CSA. Minister responsible
    Alan Tudge,
    Minister for Human Services
    Department executive
    Kathryn Campbell CSC, Secretary (since 2011)
    I am willing to pull together with every one and we do it the old fashion way right in front of this place at there office till we get our opinions across.
    Then we can make our case and get it changed.
    It has worked on a lot of other cases so why not this one. They can not lock us all up and can not get us on freedom of speech.
    By: Will from Qld, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 1:57 pm
    Hi everyone again

    Yes most sites are Venting but also have support with a few.
    Hang in there and yes there are a lot of good men who have had the same done to them, and taken there own life over this situation.
    I am also getting counselling now because I have also contemplated it as well.
    It is a unfair system and it needs to fall.
    We need to make a stand and I am all for it, we need all stats to pull together all of us to unite. The only way we can do this is to shear this site with every one we know, who is in the same boat.
    But becarful with whom sees it, due to I have seen sites been shut down due to people like minded as us who want to make a difference with today's laws. They do not like it. There is a email a few comments down the page. Email Mick and that way we can keep together and find away to beat this once and for all. The best voice is all ours put togeather as one from every single person who is willing to stand up and be noticed. They can not stop us all at once and they can not push us away if we are all in it.
    Even if your friends have no children and they know what u are going thru they will back u if there real friends I have people who are will to stand with me here in my town. They have no children. So let's stop saying and start doing now. It is our time to BE NOTICED....
    By: Will from Qld, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 1:55 pm
    Hey SG that is right we all need to act in unity and I am one paying for 4 children whom I do not get to see.
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 12:34 pm
    We will need lots of women to voice their opinion for us otherwise we will be told we just look like another group of angry men.

    We can do this if we play it smart enough.

    Remember we as men have no rights and no power over this discusting system.

    We need some women to stand with us.

    Talk to your mums and girl friends and see if they will have a voice for us.

    I have found 3 women already who cant believe what is going on and are willing to help.

    Ask around.

    Question --- Who is paying child support and dosen't see their kid's???

    SG66 Perth
    By: gary from qld, au on December 12, 2016 @ 10:28 am
    I'm with you
    By: Bb from Wa, Australia on December 12, 2016 @ 1:48 am
    Sg66 im with you
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on December 11, 2016 @ 11:42 pm
    Yes GO US!!!

    I miss my 4 sensational kids.

    Let them all know how you feel.

    Remember they dont give a fuck about you or your kids or if shes a meth head.

    Tell them straight don't hold back.

    Let them know what the system has done to you and your beloved kids.

    Time to rise up and be heard.

    They cant lock us all up!!

    I'm in, who's coming with me to make some noise??

    Even my nearly 80 y/o mother is emailing and talking to people about the system and its injustice.

    MAD AS HELL!!!!
    Use your anger well..

    Rise up and give them shit, say no more I'm not listening to your one sided crap.

    Change banks, every month if you have too.

    Stick your money in a mates account,
    Just don't roll over anymore,your not a dog or an ATM, make a stand!!

    I'm going to!!

    The fuckers left me with not much left to loose.

    I have been raped by this one sided disgusting system and a minipulating deciptful X.

    It starts with one voice!

    I've started!!

    And I'm not going to shut the fuck up!!

    Who's coming to stir the powers that be with me?

    Let me know and I will get my email to you and a web page done.

    Time for a revolution!!

    SG66 Perth
    By: Shell from Vic, Australia on December 11, 2016 @ 8:37 pm
    Good on you
    Everyone please start writing to Pauline as she is starting a CSA reform
    Vent your issues and feeling. More rights for fathers.
    On her one nation website you can read what her intentions are with family law.
    Have your say NOW.
    Either do it on her Facebook page , write to her or email her through One Nations website
    Good Luck. Remember PEOPLE POWER
    1490. By: SG66 from WA, Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 9:12 pm
    Hi Shell
    I've sent this to Pauline..

    Hi Pauline

    Can’t believe the family court system and the court system in general and how a woman (wife) can steal all your money and cover it up with a VRO and then play the system with lies and manipulation.

    It’s a long story but to say my 4 young kids are pawns and weapons used to try to drive me to suicide I’m sure is her hope to cover up what she did.

    The lawyers say there is nothing you can do as she got the VRO first. That ruined my business and my life (as I working from a home office).

    Just found out in WA you can get a VRO now if you have a fear of someone. Don’t need proof.

    I managed to get my kids off the VRO but she is still on it and now she has made application to the family court of a notice of child abuse or family violence. Never was any violence.

    I cannot believe the lies and the twisted half truths that she can say and get away with it.

    What can someone do to help me and all the other poor men that are killing themselves because of this system.

    There are some sites like this but it’s mainly venting about the system .

    Please help us Pauline

    By: Shell from Vic, Aus on December 10, 2016 @ 7:50 pm
    Has anyone sent this website to Pauline Hanson!,,

    If not please do so.
    By: gary from qld, au on December 10, 2016 @ 7:19 pm
    if everyone stopped paying child support at the same time the system would collapse, I saw a article about the father being able to make a financial abortion from the responsibility of being a paying parent, I want this option because the women decide if they are going to keep the child or not the mans choice is taken away, father wants the child the mother can abort the father doesn't want the child the mother can keep it, both options the man has no RIGHTS SO WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO PAY. I am so angry fuck the CSA
    By: A from VIC, Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 3:39 pm
    We should also do research of child support policy in other countries.

    For example, in New Zealand child support is only collected if the mother and/or child is on welfare payments. In Sweden the amount to be paid must be agreed between mother and father.
    By: A from VIC, Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 1:55 pm
    We should develop an alternate Child Support policy that we can put to the politicians to implement.

    I will float a few ideas:

    - Limit a period of compulsory child support to a maximum of 7 years after separation. After that point any payments would be voluntary on the father's part. If the mother can maintain a positive relationship with her child's father than no doubt the father would be willing to pay a reasonable amount.
    - At 50/50 contact, there should never be any payments. In other words, the objective of balancing the economic advantage of the two households should be abandoned. If a man earns a man's salary and a woman earns a woman's salary, the man should not be penalised.
    - When a woman enters into a new de facto relationship or marriage, then the child support payments should reflect the combined income of the new relationship.
    - When women have new children in a new relationship, this should not affect child support payments from a previous relationship, like it currently does. If she can't afford to have new children she shouldn't have them.
    - If a couple separate within 24 weeks of the date of a child's conception, there should be no child support owed from the father if the mother decides to carry the child to term.
    - There should also probably be criminal charges for getting pregnant without the father's consent. For example, lying about using the contraceptive pill.

    If you have other ideas please post them.
    By: Will from Qld , Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 1:09 pm
    Hey every one the only way it will change is we all unite to change this.
    If we all act in UNITY and stand up as one, if we do that and fight for what is RIGHT they have to listen, only and only if we act as one. How do unions do they stand as one and use one voice. If we all stand up and make our mark at once they can not push us to the side. It is time they stand down and here us.
    We can not work our self to the ground. I have a new family to support, and CSA want to take half my pay, and I am the sole income provider. How is that just full. It's not.... I am willing to take a stand I say if u want change,,, STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!!!!
    By: Mick from Vic, Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 11:07 am
    Onya to everyone out there having a tough time and fighting back as best they can...I have had my fair share of troubles and more too. There are many things not right in this country and it's time we all start to wise up!!!

    Those men and women who want to join an alliance in dealing with rogue and corrupt forces that act unjustly and unlawfully impinging upon our rights and stealing our freedoms, whether it be through CSA, family court, banks, other courts/tribunals, councils, lawyers/bar/law society, telcos, energy utilities, ombudsman, tolls, state trustees, police, rates, fines, taxes, farming problems and much much more, contact me at

    I urge other strong willed individuals with a passion for justice to do the same in other states, otherwise we will only continue to lose our families, kids, wealth, sanity, our lives and way of life if we keep thinking we can fight this shit alone!!!

    They are thieving our energy; blood, sweat and tears, and even those polymer notes they gave us after exchanging our value. Speak and act or sit in silence and do nothing...the choice is all yours...I choose to act!!!
    By: Pikester from SA, Australia on December 10, 2016 @ 8:56 am
    Agree totally Paul it needs a big fix alright, but what is the root cause of all our suffering i ask? Having been around the block a few times + seeing so many problems on our land, my Q would be can men + fathers be selfless, put their differences aside, come together + unite? In order to do some community work, are guys prepared to change + perhaps give up the footy for a bit + other pleasures + vices + watching TV! We all want the good life but who's prepared to put in? I always think of that little red hen book where nobody wanted to help her make the bread + do the work but yet, everyone wanted to eat the bread!!
    By: Paul Siegman from Vic, Australia on December 9, 2016 @ 8:16 pm
    I ask, the founder of this site to lead us, all of us, all of Australia! to become 1 and fix this. We must! or you SG from WA. Cheers mate🍻
    By: gary from qld, au on December 9, 2016 @ 7:20 pm
    I told CSA that the money they took was working capital for a business and they said there is nothing I can do about it, I asked to speak to someone to get the money back and she said there is no department no one I can speak too.
    1480. By: Rob from VIC, AUST on December 9, 2016 @ 7:14 pm
    I think it's criminal to take peoples money without permission or permission of the courts. There is no contact or agreement. I have heard of lawyers calling them and telling them to put the money back as it was rent, food etc... and they did.
    By: gary from qld, au on December 9, 2016 @ 3:49 pm
    just found out that CSA Know when and if you read your letters online now at MYGOV the level of snooping is unbelievable
    By: gary from qld, au on December 9, 2016 @ 3:33 pm
    Hey guys I have just money garnished from my account is there any way to dispute that the money is and was being used for business working capital and can I get it back
    By: Will from Qld, Australia on December 9, 2016 @ 2:55 pm
    Well CSA are going to take half of my pay from work and then leave me cold and dry with my new family any ppl know how to stop it??
    By: SHERC from Qld, Australia on December 9, 2016 @ 12:59 pm
    I have just been hit CSA for a second case even though both my children are to the same mother.This woman has encourage my daughter to run away from her mother to stay with her so that she can claim child support of me. I contacted csa on this matter and they said is that we ae hear just to take care of the money,and not to care about the fairness. Not only that have stung e as two seperate cases so instead of 24 percent for children im paying 36 percent.
    By: SG from Western Australia, Australia on December 8, 2016 @ 11:20 pm
    Hay Alison,

    can you please get the money out of Andrews account.

    The blood suckers will find it and DRAIN you dry.
    Try to think a little smarter, I don't think we need to be much smarter to beat them.
    Just cleaver about our personal stuff.

    Stay strong and be proud!!

    By: SG from Western Australia, Australia on December 8, 2016 @ 10:53 pm
    Hay DJ
    know how you feel mate.

    Tell them all to get stuffed or fucked if you like and take it out of my tax in July.

    See if you can get your money paid into a family members account instead and go on the fuck'n dole.

    COME ON!!

    By: SG from Western Australia, Australia on December 8, 2016 @ 10:40 pm
    What all the people in this twisted system need to remember is its an industry. How many gov jobs are created here for people that should be in full time care??
    I've been screwed from the pointy end of the pineapple and she is now going to go for spousal maintenance even though I'm not working. She can make up any crapp she wants and they believe her. She had a VRO taken out to remove me from the home/home office destroyed the bus we had and forced me in to taking a small % of our assets.
    Who ever gets the VRO first wins!!
    That what the Luck'n useless lawyers say anyway.
    By: DJ from WA, Aust on December 8, 2016 @ 7:19 pm
    This organisation CSA has to be stopped somehow. They can't go on praying on vulnerable fathers who are already in a depressed state. I've been reading the stories that are all similar to mine. CSA taking money from wages and or accounts without your consent leaving you with not much to live on. It's not right, they have to be stopped and the whole system overhauled before anyone else is pushed over the edge
    By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on December 7, 2016 @ 8:02 pm
    Allison I just read your story again and want to add.....
    They CANNOT drag you into court. You have NOTHING to do with Andrew's situation, married to him or not, and if CSA say that to you they are BLUFFING and LYING to you.
    1470. By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on December 7, 2016 @ 7:55 pm
    They took your money under a 72a application because it is paid into ANDREW'S account. It is NOT a court order
    If it was your account they CANNOT touch it. The simple way is to have your wage and Andrews wage paid into your account. But you must realise that any of Andrew's payments can be traced but the CSA need a COURT ORDER to access YOUR account. It must ONLY be in your name. Another way is to have a Company account IE Pty Ltd ABN, Directors ( must have 2 directors ) and all that goes with running a Company using the Company as a firewall between yourselves and the CSA. I know its stressful....I have been there. Just remember to get creative with your accountant. It will cost your more in legal fees if you use a solicitor to get your money back. The only people who win out of this are solicitors ( Leeches ) and ex-wives.
    If Andrew can be paid through the "Company" then they cant touch his wage as well.
    Don't both need to be healthy for your family..... treat it as a cat and mouse game.
    By: A from VIC, Australia on December 7, 2016 @ 12:32 am
    D Nguyen,

    The point at which income no longer affects child support is currently $178,140. So, unfortunately this is way to high.

    The amounts are specified here:
    By: mic from vic, aust on December 6, 2016 @ 6:46 am
    Alison send them a conditional acceptance notice requesting proof of claim, without prejudice, via reg mail. Do a followup letter after 14 days.

    I am quite happy to pay any financial obligation I may lawfully owe on condition that the following is provided:

    1. Validation of the debt, ie. actual accounting;
    2. Verification of the claim, ie. invoice signed by a living man showing value has been provided or sworn affidavit; and
    3. Certified copy of the contract binding both parties, comprising the eight essential elements including wet ink signatures.

    Please reply with requested proofs and substance to be received within (14) days, failing such, it will be deemed that no lawful debt obligation exists.

    Only a guide, change it as you see fit.
    By: Alison godwin from Western Australia, Australia on December 6, 2016 @ 1:25 am
    Hi guys !
    I'm French been in Oz for 4 years with Andrew. He's Australian .
    He has had 2 kids with his ex and needs to pay $ 16,077.47 to child support before tomorrow ...
    We basically barely afford to pay for our house loan with both our wages.
    My salary goes Into Andrews account.
    CSA took 1,300$ 2 weeks ago, leaving us only $106 to live on for 2 weeks..
    I'm on antidepressant because of immigration issues and Andrew is loosing it with talking to CSA.
    CSA said they will take legal action against us to recuperate the full amount of money ...
    We really need psychological and legal help...
    Do any of you guys been in the same situation ? How can we find support to get through this?
    Someone told me we could ask Andrews superannuation company for the money...?
    Thanks for your time
    By: D nguyen from NSw, Australia on December 5, 2016 @ 8:43 pm
    New to CS payments, it seems the amount they make you pay which doesn't factor in your current suitation is ridiculous. Don't put me wrong, im willing to pay but i still have to live and make ends meet. Does anybody have any experience with the reform? Im i right in saying for payments calculations taxable income should be capped at $104 702?
    By: D nguyen from Nsw, Australia on December 5, 2016 @ 8:23 pm
    Hi..has anyone come across and understand the child support reform especially stage 1 which i think was effective as off july 2006 in regards to the child support cap.

    "Stage 1 of the reform was introduced on 1 July 2006. From that date the minimal annual rate of Child Support was increased to $320.00 and is indexed annually to the consumer price index. The minimum payment again increased on 1 January 2008 to $339.00 per annum.

    The Child Support cap was reduced from $139,347.00 to $104,702.00 so that the income of a payer over $104,702.00 will not be taken into account for the purpose of calculating their Child Support liability. This change was in response to research suggesting that high income earners were paying Child Support in excess of the cost of maintaining their children."

    So child support assessment can only be worked out on $104 702 max right for paying parent?
    By: Shell from Vic, Aust on December 5, 2016 @ 8:15 pm
    Jen you can try for another reassment and issue a drs report we have tried this
    The reply to us was his first family comes first.
    Every time we have put in a reassessment they have been rejected.
    CSA will do your head as well
    They are nothing but arseholes.
    Look up your local council website and see if there is free legal advice
    I feel for you Jen. But it will never end.
    Be aware as well ALL your information goes straight to his ex.
    So much for privacy laws
    By: Jen from Victoria , Australia on December 5, 2016 @ 6:03 pm
    Can anyone help us??
    My husband has reduced his hours to share care for our one year old son so I can return to work. He is also suffering stress and has a medical certificate.
    His ex wife works part time and reduces her salary each year by less then 10%, csa consider this minimal and no issue. We did not have an issue with this and paid the assessed child support as required.
    Now my husband has reduced his salary she did a reassessment and he has to pay full amount against his full time salary not reduced hours salary. Will the dr certificate and caring for our son have any weight??
    By: Shell from Vic, Aust on December 4, 2016 @ 8:30 pm
    Now we all understand the saying
    You get less time for murder. Csa create family violence. Eddy I really feel for you kiddo as far as csa are concerned what the woman says goes. Dads are molesters, violent etc according to them when in actual fact the majority of them make wonderful parents. I'm a woman and have seen this for don't see many single mums drive crap cars, broken fingernails and grey hair
    Do you?
    By: Rob from VIC, AUST on December 4, 2016 @ 2:44 pm
    Hey Selina,
    Sorry to hear you have been through all that. It's good hear from females as it proves the system is not all one sided and is broken badly. I also know a female that was ripped by the system and nothing she can do. The govt just don't care that they ruin peoples lives. It seriously needs review but all too late for many, unfortunately. Best regards.
    1460. By: Selina from Queensland, australia on December 2, 2016 @ 5:17 pm
    Hi Guys, I feel your pain. I was married to someone that only ever could hold part time job and only for a little while because he always pissed people off and he was always better than everyone else anyway according to him. So I have been on both sides of CSA. So one child with him and one with me. Totally not ideal, I had the daughter and he had the son. I was paying him to support my son due to my wages and his lack of work ethic. The son was dumped off to me one day about 1 year later and the EX moved interstate for work. So I had both kids, CSA told him he needed to pay $44 per fortnight (he did running a business doing cashies), which to me who cares, put it aside for the kids cars right (16 & 13 years). I paid all tuition fee for private school for both kids over $30k, not one dime from him to assist. So over time he didn't pay, he racked up over $2k of debt, I gave CSA, Bank account details, super details, where he lived, what car he drove but nothing, didn't get my money back (don't rely on them). He took my son one day from my house without my knowledge, when I was at work and drove him interstate, then called me to tell me, at that point apparently it was son's decision to go and he was almost 15 so court won't care cause of his age. So EX and I agreed that we wouldn't charge each CS and that I would wipe the $2k debt from CS which I did. I put my tax in June just gone for the previous year and CS decided to send the paperwork showing my new income to him (why do private collect need to be sent this ???). So then I get a threat from the EX one Monday night, that i either pay $200 per week or he will force CS to get me to pay $322 per week, even though we were to look after each child, I demanded to get a Binding Agreement and he said he would go an get CS to get the whole lot $322 and needed an answer now. So stupidly I agreed (Private collect) thinking at the time I was doing the right thing even though I had looked after and spent more on those kids than he has his entire life, I was concerned that something happened to him as he sounded desperate and thought he may have been in trouble, so rang him, I agreed over text to pay the $200 but on the phone (Which i didn't record) agreed that I put the money into my sons accounts, despite our previous agreement. Daughter turned 18 years and move out to live closer to campus 2 months ago. Son was unenrolled from school by X without my knowledge even up today he's 16 yr 6mths. So this week,CS contacted me to tell me that he is now claiming CS for $322 + 3 months backpay $3k, the $200 that I was paying week, the X told CS that only $100 was for child support, so now they won't credit me for the other $100 per week. X has been working under the radar/ABN/Cash the whole time, he is claiming he earns $9700 pa and he hasn't put his tax in for about 3-4 years. Seriously what a joke. This system is broken, I feel abused, like a lot of you do and can't think that this system is about the kids, this is about support money hungry EXs, what kids needs $322 per week to live, it about supporting the leach you unfortunately attracted and then they on your back for years until your kids hit 18, Ex thinks who needs to work. I only have 67 weeks to go and I am free. People, get everything in writing and voice record everything... I have learnt the hard way and I really do know how you feel it's just not a fair system.
    By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on December 1, 2016 @ 8:37 pm
    My son was 9 years old and jumped on a train and called me when he got lost to come and get him. That was the 1st time. 2nd time he almost made it to my place but the railway police caught him and made both of us wait for his mother. The third time he ran away from school and made it home....I rang his mother and told her I wasn't brining him back this time and he was staying.
    The point mate is if you do the walking No one can stop you. Your father won't get into trouble and neither will you.
    Good luck with what you choose.
    By: Pike from SA, Australia on December 1, 2016 @ 6:13 am
    Eddie, there is no legal age mate it's just a level of maturity, when you're ready you will know. Whilst attempts at it happen everywhere, nobody has a right to control the free will and self determination of another - i think they refer to that as slavery.. Be strong in learning who you are... my son at age 11 got up and left his mum with his feet. It took a few goes, like 5, as his mum or the family court didn't want to acknowledge it but in the end they had no choice. All the way through he kept a r'ship with both parents according to what he chose and that's the way it naturally goes i guess, whether we like it or not...keep love in your heart and you will be fine
    By: Rob from VIC, AUST on December 1, 2016 @ 3:27 am

    I had the court tell me during divorce proceedings that 14 is the age for someone to decide to live with Mum or Dad. So Dad cant get into trouble if you choose to live with him, he is doing nothing wrong... :)
<Prev 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next>1,506 - 1,457 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2021 All rights reserved.