Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next>1,645 - 1,596 Comments +Add Yours Over 931,018 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 5, 2017 @ 2:33 am
    Don, thanks for the reply.. Thats my whole point -> 112 Court may grant leave to amend administrative assessment that is more than 18 months old.

    Why is the court involved when CSA have a job to do and their own laws prevent them from doing that job making it more difficult, time consuming and costly for anyone to have anything corrected? Maybe it's free but time is money. The courts also cost taxpayers money... Judges are paid money... Its a huge expense all because someone wrote that CSA cant go back more than 18 months.

    its a lot more complex... I was self-employed and about 8 years ago i was fined $120k by the ATO for late returns with interest... About 2 years ago I was successful in having the interest remitted (forgiven) but that amount is then considered income and added to your real income... (adjusted income)... (e.g. you earn $60k and they add $120k, so you pay tax on $180k) CSA then take the $180k as your income and charge Child Support on that... Its a systematic fault in the system... I filed a special circumstances and CSA agreed it was wrong and reduced some of it but because of the Act refused to go back further than 18 months and refused to include one child that had finished with child support.... Then at the end of the last financial year, (for some unknown stupid reason) it automatically went back to child support on $180k. I submitted an estimated income and they refused it.... I should not have to keep submitting special circumstances (and bare my ass and soul) and estimated incomes when medical records already provided prove my incapacity to work... I should not have to start a court case or the AAT for their own systematic failures when they agree its wrong... WTF is wrong with these people??.... Another systematic fault is when medical records are presented they have no idea what they are looking at, and words they have never seen before... so they take the attitude of "it can't be that bad" or "maybe he is making it up"... CSA refused to allow me to claim medical expenses as a deduction from my "adjusted income" in some form of fairness that i'm disadvantaged....My medical reports state "permanent chronic illness", how much more do they want?...They have no concept of how physically ill this disease has made me and how disadvantaged my life has become... so all that aside, I have two options, pay the money or start a case... Like the Tax laws, the CS laws are written so that CSA can bend the rules to maximize pain and suffering... Which, if abused, is a "misfeasance" in public office.... If I had the energy and money I would sue each and every staff member from ATO and CSA that has made any decision to make my life harder.


    noun, Law.

    1. a wrong, actual or alleged, arising from or consisting of affirmative action.
    2. the wrongful performance of a normally lawful act; the wrongful and injurious exercise of lawful authority.

    And btw... As of the end of 2016 i'm now finished with CS...Which also makes it harder because they say "case is closed, you had your chance"..... i just have to clean up these loose ends...

    TIP: If CSA ever tell you that you can't claim medical expenses you MUST object because you can... It came back on their report that I didn't object when they refused, so they didn't do anything.
    By: don from nsw, Australia on February 4, 2017 @ 1:35 pm
    RoBbEd...please note Child Support will never tell you the truth or just enough truth to send you up a blind alley.
    Did you put in tax returns over this three year period?
    if you did your assessment for the new financial year should be based on the tax assessment not some previous year higher income. they just cant keep using an older period if they have the new tax amount.
    You CAN get them to go back more than 18 Months.

    read and understand ""

    Get all your medical records together , a letter from your doctor and any specialists, organize yourself and send complaint to AAT (a special independent adjudicator) no cost.
    make sure you insist that CS in on the phone during hearing and not your EX (done over the phone)

    THE AAT can also have penalties removed if you put it in your submission
    You need to read this from
    "Child Support (Assessment) Act 1989"

    112 Court may grant leave to amend administrative assessment that is more than 18 months old

    (1) If an application is made to a court under section 111, the court may grant leave for:

    (a) the Registrar to make a determination under section 98S; or

    (b) the court to make an order under section 118.

    (2) The court may grant leave for an order to be made under section 118 if the court is satisfied that it would be in the interest of the parties to the proceeding for the court to consider, at the same time as it hears the application under section 111, whether an order should be made under section 118. If the court does so, the applicant is taken to have made an application to the court under section 116 for such an order.

    (3) Otherwise, the court may grant leave for the Registrar to make a determination under section 98S.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on February 3, 2017 @ 7:36 pm
    I'm appalled at what they are doing to all of us. I have always tried to do the right thing. I became ill 3 years ago with a permanent illness (i wont ever recover) and CSA ignored it. I've now been charged about $5,000 more than what i should be paying because i fell behind due to the illness and didn't apply to have it changed in time. The Act states that they cannot go back more than 18 months and the only way to correct it is to take them to court. It's just unbelievable that they can get away with this!!! They know I have an illness, they know they have over charged me, yet the Act prevents them correcting it. They keep charging me more because the penalties are based on daily compounding interest rates from the Tax Act. This is plain and simple oppression, and i bet i'm not the only one this has happened to. If i refuse to pay it just gets bigger.... Had enough of these asswipes
    By: gary from qld, au on February 3, 2017 @ 7:12 pm
    Trevor I feel so angry with the way CSA have treated you! how dare CSA put a mental warfare on you and so many others do we all need a degree in law to survive the battles against CSA everyone in this country has and deserves the right to be treated fairly and find some happiness in there lives. CSA needs to be removed ASAP. one more person lost down this system is one too many I hope everyone has someone they can lean on when everything is on their shoulders
    By: don from nsw, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 5:53 pm
    Hi Trevor Watson They simply cant do that. CS is based on income not assets.
    They cant lock you in into the future if you do an estimate.
    You can only be charged 3 Months CS back pay from time of AFC
    (check they did this correctly) (some times 9 months)
    If they did not do the AFC correctly you may have a case with the AAT despite delay due to not being informed.
    rental return is income( but under separate law some may be a tax deductible)
    please note no responsibility taken for suggestions although they are based on my battle.
    1640. By: Trevor Watson from Nsw, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 5:20 pm
    Hey Don, I have requested Cuba notes and recordings. I did tell them I was not working and honestly declared my rental income from renting my property out while I was away. They sent me a letter stating. They claimed I had $80000 in savings and therefore I would not be placed into financial hardship. This $80000 was a line of credit it was debt not savings. My NEW Case manager is from the CSA legal section I am told. Part of the 15/16 financial year I was a good boy and paid all child support through private arrangement. This was not taken into account. This is a point of procedural stuff up. They tell me nothing will change regardless of my lower income as I am locked in at $82000 until 2018. I was sick and emailed doctors certificates and DR notes. They kept saying I refused to provide medical evidence then they asked me to provide evidence of the cost of my counselling and prescriptions. I had had enough and tried to heal myself and traveled Australia. I get back and here we go round the mulberry bush again. I have booked in to do some counselling next Thursday and I will work on all the points you have raised Don. Thanks mate
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 4:31 pm
    Hi Trevor Watson....Sorry for the delay ,i had to have another coffee to handle this S---.
    If you had no job for a period your tax return will show less income so when the new year tips over they must use this as your next year new assessment.
    Important .. if you then start earning above this average and don't tell them they will hit you with heavy penalties when the next year trips over.
    If you start earning more you can do an estimate ,either before end June for full year or any time for remainder of the year.see section 60 of Child Support (administration)act.
    Now ... Did you tell them you were not working? If you did they should apply section 65A and 65B of the ACT,(but they never do) this should reduce your assessment to $1060PA.
    They never report this on their Cuba notes so ask them to send copies of Cuba notes and copies of the voice recordings the take on every call and compare them. They cannot refuse you this request.
    Compare them if you told them SQUEEZE.
    Changing your case officer is another tactic they use to delay. confuse and stuff you. Insist on keeping the same one.
    Remind them of the Objects of the act (read it yourself at the top of the act)
    They only by law are to make decisions according to the act or the Registrars directive.
    You cant sue the Federal Gov but remind them that they can personally sued for damages if they don't follow the law. Gets their attention.
    As for letters .... Check that they have your correct address and insist on a copy of that Cuba note call this will prove they have your correct address. With me they sent mail to a 20 old address and failed to update my phone number.
    When you get "assessment letters" read the whole thing , the last few lines give you 28 days to object ( but more if you have special circumstance.. their is a list of these somewhere if you cant find i will look for you.
    As for your 15/16 $42000actual earnings i think what they have done is that you must of earned more in 14/15 and they have recalculated on a under "estimate" which allows them to multiply your???error and put on penalties.
    Section 55J tell them how to "GENERALLY" work out your new assessment. they follow this and ignore other provisions ie, not working.
    Going forward you need to do an "partial Year ESTIMATE" section 62A of the act . Before you do work out all your income from June 30 last year till the day you do the "Estimate" over the phone ok but get Cuba Notes and recording.
    Important .. if you start to earn more overtime etc you must keep abreast and report you extra before end of year .Do your tax return as soon as you can.
    if you are not working 65A and 65B above should come into play
    As for going forward you should do a partial year "estimate' if you are working or going back to work.
    I don't think it costs anything to take them to AAT but you must know where they did not follow the AC. As for your delay did you have medical (Stress,etc) problems this allows an extension
    Did you have a court registered "agreement" this locks parties in to some extent.
    If you had a "private collect" she can only claim 3 months back pay from the time she made her "AFC" "application for collection"
    If she made an "AFC" CS had to ask her certain questions which would (should of seen you get a phone call to confirm), They forget this bit. chase the case officer on this they will try to hide it.
    Also push them to drop the penalties .it is within their power.
    Good luck
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 1:22 pm
    Hey Lenny, didn't you say that Laurie Fittock had and was helping you to deal with the CSA shitheads? Where is this all up to for you?
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 1:00 pm
    Hey Don just another question. The Opt in time to respond, I have never heard of this are they supposed to send you a letter or something confirming this right? Can we choose not to "opt in". If I haven't received said letter/right is this a procedural fault by Them?
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 12:49 pm
    Thanks heaps Don your a legend. My case officer is now from the Debt Recovery Legal branch. They have changed my case officer 3 times. I have not gone to AAT yet as I have intentionally avoided all courts and have not come to any agreement with these thieves. I took leave without pay for 12 months and they locked me in at earning $82000 until 2018. I roamed the country for 12 months and returned to a $22000 debt. I have requested the CUBA notes and the application for hardship payment. They reassessed my true income at $42000 for 15/16 financial year yet said that it does not effect the $82000 15/16 assessment and they continue charging $370 per week and of course their bullshit fees. My ex reniged on our parenting agreement and I don't see my beautiful 3 children. I have taken another year LWP living off nothing. Can't go back as they will just start stealing from me. My assets are in others names it is cat and mouse at the mo. Thanks for your guidance Don I will look into it.
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 10:26 am
    Hi Trevor Watson check out this site
    Fill out a complaint if they refuse make sure of your grounds and advance your case to the "AAT" within 28 days of their refusal. make sure to tell AAT that it a procedural problem and that CS must be on the phone hook up and not your EX. despite what this says +they must follow the rules, your problem is to work out what rules they didn't follow. Don
    By: Don from NSW, Australia on February 3, 2017 @ 10:06 am
    Hi Trevor Watson... If you don't want CS involved you can get an "court registered maintenance agreement;"..with your ex. Should be done thru a layer to hopefully avoid future troubles.
    Another option is to have your case revert to private collect. Make sure you pay to ex,s bank account only(no Cash or goods)
    CS staff can only make decisions in line with the ACT's that govern it. BUT THEY GO WELL BEYOND THIS. You must get to know how the screwed you. They will not tell you your rights and deliberately miss lead you from my experience.
    Send a formal complaint to your "case officer" (make sure you have one ,these are higher up the BS ladder" ) A complaint must be about failure to follow the ACTs. Send a copy to "THE Secretary of CS"
    Also look at my entries below for important(hidden) web sites.
    In the The "operation...." site refer back to the "separated parents" heading in the black column on the left.
    Good luck
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 10:11 pm
    Hey Don, who do you send the formal complaint to. How do you go about sending the formal complaint? Cheers
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 10:03 pm
    Now that is the spirit well done brother. I'm in and I do not pay the CSA. I am more than happy to contribute to my children's upbringing (even though they spend little time with me) though I will not be dictated to by a Government body that operates through lies and deception.
    By: gary from qld, au on February 2, 2017 @ 3:13 pm
    trevor what we need is to disrupt the system by having a petition get 100000 signatures and if we are not heard every one should stop paying CSA, we would make the policy makers in this country to stop and listen. I am not saying that you go out and spend the CS money but keep it aside until we our voices have been heard. stop paying CS NOW who is with me
    1630. By: Don from nsw, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 2:56 pm
    Hi Pas ,.. If you had "private collect" Then the EX applied for an AFC see"" which is generally only three months back pay if she elected to do so. This can go to 9 Months Max. See "" Defiantly not longer.
    Note that you have an opt in period and that you should have got a letter from them requesting back pay. read the fine print
    By: Richard from western australia, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 12:57 pm
    Maybe australia should be pushing for this.
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 7:39 am
    Nice work Lenny keep stoking the fear fire and help the Mafia achieve their objectives. We already know that our Civil rights are being imposed upon what are we doing about it? No good running around telling the world that the sky is falling in. Look for solutions there are many suggestions on this and other parenting sites. Don't give into their crap.
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on February 2, 2017 @ 7:00 am
    Gary your right in what you say about facebook and any other media device can be tapped read or info stolen and monitored m8, try watching the documentry called "citizen 4 2012" and you all will find out just how vulnerable we all are and have been for a long time, in fact there is no privacy anymore.
    it is a definate to watch.
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 9:46 pm
    All good Gary not uneasy though thank you for your sensitivity. Yes the Government can do all the snooping they like and, I think we would agree, in the present epoc the Government/Mafia can access all types of info on any individual they deem. The point I am attempting to convey here is whilst we operate in fear they achieve their objective of keeping us all separated. Any attempt to unite counters their objective. WE ARE COLLECTIVE
    By: gary from qld, au on January 31, 2017 @ 8:47 pm
    hey Trevor I am not interested in where you live at all mate I was trying to prove a point that anyone can snoop on you or you FB account including CSA and if you join a FB group there are snoop possibilities. CSA can see when you read a message through my gov account so why would they stop there. sorry if i made you uneasy
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 7:27 pm
    Hey everyone, here is a good one for you...
    My Mother lent me her life savings $30,000 just to keep afloat and be able to see my kids (under supervision at $95 per hour, never any violence by the way, all made up shit from her with a VRO)and the wonderful Child Separation and Alienation people CSA said its wages and put the child support up to $1,200 per month.
    F'n great when your not working and on new start.
    Now they are taking $48 per fortnight to pay the arrears but still leaving it at $1,200 per month and they new about the loan all the way through.
    Human fuck'n services hey???
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 3:59 pm
    No I do not though I am interested in knowing why you are interested in knowing where I live?
    By: gary from qld, au on January 31, 2017 @ 9:14 am
    Trevor Watson do you live in shellharbour NSW
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:45 am
    Lenny and Chris you both fill my heart with hope for us all......NOT. Seriously what a perfect way to start your day with total oppression. Your comments do nothing to assist readers here. Winge all you want just know that we don't need it. I for will NEVER accept the oppression and attack on our CIVIL RIGHTS. I will continue to search for solutions in a positive light. My best wishes boys.
    1620. By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:22 am
    Hey Kris, Don has made some great practical suggestions worth giving a shot. It has worked for him. You seem to have accepted your fate by projecting forward 5yrs. We need to believe that we can change our circumstances otherwise we become victim to this rort. This just feeds and motivates the arseholes who continue to steal from their fellow man/woman. Only WE can change this.
    By: lenny from N.T., Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:17 am
    Kris you said it "RIGHT MATE" the whole system is a machine designed to keep us all under "FULL CONTROL" And the maggots get rich and us kept poor"! that automatically gives them power to do whatever it takes to keep us there "UNDER CONTROL"
    There is no hope
    We are all fucked
    Even if somebody did manage to get up and attempt to change things would be kicked out sacked ridiculed or accused of some bullshit to justify kicking them out to "MAINTAIN FULL AND ULTIMATE CONTROL"
    Our governement is in place to keep us in our place that is their job
    so what do you think they are going to do if one of us gets up and upsets their little luxury nest????
    pretty easy fkn awnser

    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on January 30, 2017 @ 10:39 pm
    Hi to all paying parents, csa/ family flaw multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new stolen generation and domestic violence.
    In 2022 I'll say fk off to csa ,after 17.5 years of paying top dollar,for a child taken to another state,without my consent.
    My son will say fk off to me after 17.5 years of being lied to poisoned and isolated from me.
    I think that petitions or other group actions wont do too much. Do you think these scum lawers and legal maggots/politicians ,who make billions on this bullshit show called family law, will just walk away from their money bag and their lifestyle it gives them?. The legal system is buddy buddy with those scum politicians .
    Maybe try contacting crocodile dundee or Russell Crowe or even dick smith to shed some light on this fking disaster.
    2022 this sentence is over for me and im counting every day.
    Revolution dreaming, Trump 2 for OZ.
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 29, 2017 @ 8:24 pm
    Hey Gary,
    The group invites all supporters choosing to support our course. Uncles aunts, Grandparents, Sisters, brothers, children, friends, observers, work colleagues, authorities, anyone who gives a fuck. Come on dude let's try some positively and less paranoia. Feel the love man. Let's amoungst it. WE ARE COLLECTIVE.
    By: gary from qld, au on January 28, 2017 @ 7:42 pm
    Keith Owen as you face book group seems a good idea, but its just another avenue the CSA can monitor and if people put there real names on there face book account it just makes it easier for CSA snoop on your members
    By: Don from nsw, Australia on January 27, 2017 @ 5:20 pm
    I just won Back $3500 from a faulty ":estimate" some hints to follow:
    1.Keep a dairy of each contact Date receipt no person
    2.Insist on copy of Cuba notes posted to you, These are the notes they put on their computer. Mostly will be lies,
    Insist on copy of recording they make with each call
    3. check your recollection or recording received against Cuba notes
    4.Insist on a case Manager from day one. This pushes you up the ladder to a higher level and prevents you getting calls from all over Australia by people that know nothing of your case.
    5. If you had been "private collect" then changed to "agency collect" you have on "opt in time to respond" of at least 28 days. All CS staff will deny this and lock in the generally requested three month back pay
    5 Do not give them your email, Insist on post.
    6. Do not give them an estimate until you understand all its implications
    7. use this to find their rules
    8. Also use this
    9. don't be afraid to send a "formal complaint" if they have not followed the rules
    10 If you have no money to pay they will record this as a "refusal to pay" and will not tell you you can apply not to pay anything under financial hardship
    "Change of assessment in special circumstances (CS) 277-03120000" and/ or "Minimum annual rate to nil - Reducing child support assessments 277-03100000"
    11. If coming of "private collect" this means your ex has applied under an "AFC" "Application for Child Support to be collected 277-04030000" despite what the document says The "acceptance date" is when the request was placed it cant be locked in for at least 28 days after. If hassled get a letter from them refusing to change and take them to the "AAT"
    12. Put in your letter to AAT that this is strictly a procedural thing and that Child Support should be on the phone when determining the outcome other wise it will be your ex on the phone
    By: Keith Owen from Queensland, Australia on January 27, 2017 @ 11:12 am
    Hi Folks, I admin a Facebook group called "Child Support Australia - Time for Reform and Fairness". We currently sit at around 5,400 members. Out of this group we have commenced some significant activities and have formed a sub group intending to lodge formal complaints to the Human Rights Commission. We have also conducted our own research and found (surprise surprise) extensive corruption and systemic official misconduct. We have some political support and our research is about to be tabled in Parliament for us by a sympathetic Senator. We have lots more planned. Why not join us over at this group - look for us on Facebook.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 23, 2017 @ 6:57 pm
    Pas and Jimmy

    Pas - don't think she can back date anything 3 years. 3 months is the most from memory, but if you had an agreement, and you met that agreement, then I find it difficult to think she could get anything turned over - contract is contract.

    jimmy - have just been through those processes, so if you want to chat about it, give me your contact info and I will give you a call.
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 23, 2017 @ 8:09 am
    Hey there you blokes, if you are getting hassled by the CSA here is something you can do".

    Laurie Fittock
    CSA Help

    I was paying the wrong amount by far', and he helped me get a new assesment that saved me a shitload... it cost me about 1200 for 1 years representation but those people dont call me anymore they have to call him and he deals with them he calls me from time to time to touch base is all.
    Now we are persueing the 900 days i was out of the country and not a resident for tax purposes where on return CSA charged me for the whole time i was away based on the assesment in place at the time i was still in the country..... it was a shit load and the only way you CANNOT" be held responsible for paying child support is in their legislation and it is if your dead or a non resident for tax purposes which i was... And they did not give a fuck about the legislation it was the perception of a csa representative and she made that decision so we are fighting that to get compensation from them ... then i am going to sue them for whatever i can.

    So in terms of help and good advice for you.... give Laurie a ring and tell him Lenny from darwin on F4J Website put you on to him have a talk and he will either be able to help or not but he morethanlikely will be able to help you.

    I tell you that it has been soooooo good not having to deal with csa on the phone or at all just let laurie and his team do it and you can at least keep your sanity

    Just thought id share that bit of good news
    stay strong keep your shit together i know its hard but theres more than one way to skin a cat
    By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 8:34 pm
    Who the hell are they to dictate what we do in our lives and what we have to pay and when we have to pay how long we have to pay what we have to do for our children make it fair 50 50 care from both parties or they don't get shit from no father cause they know the more they keep the father away the more money they get cause of this percentage care shit our x partners have left us there at fault and need to stand on there own two feet to a certain extent no one should be controlling our pay nor touch our bank accounts or any of that crap we should all stop work and cancel bank accounts and see where there going to get there money from so pissed off 😡
    1610. By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 7:40 pm
    We need a massive protest Australia wide to show how serious we are and take a stance towards the government in the streets this is a joke and we can't just talk about it let's do something.
    By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 6:38 pm
    Hi I'm a single dad that doesn't see his 3 year old daughter pay child support been to mediation and she knocked it back still waiting for my certificate to go court she has disappeared somewhere who knows where so I can't see my daughter it's so un fair that I work so hard and do over time extra shifts just to live and pay bills and a mortgage that I get hit with financial year you made more you pay more this needs to be changed and made to be on your net wage not your gross wage I do see why some fathers leave there job and go on the dole I write in a diary every second day and always write a note in my phone on her bday wishing her happy bday and stuff we have to pay so much in tax as it is cause of our wage but then where hit with child support how is this all so fair to us single dads might as well throw us in the gutter and drown us I get it's my daughter and I have to pay some money but it doesn't cost 1500 a month for one kid and the x gets to sit at home and drive a bmw around and live it up while her mother smokes pot and I'm slaving away for what to go backwards something needs to change in this system and make it easier for us single dads and get these mothers off there butts and get a job also.
    By: Pas from South Australia, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 6:04 pm
    hello there
    my ex partner and i have had a private arrangement for 3 years which we both agreed on and also notified centerlink

    one of the children are now living with me there for i want to change the amount of child support i am paying.

    my ex partner is now saying i need to back pay her the correct amount for the 3 years. is that correct? i haven't spoken to child support yet but if we had an agreed private arrangement and now that one of the children are living with me firstly m i with in my rights to review that amount i am paying and secondly can she actually make a claim with child support for me to back pay 3 years ?
    By: DM from WA, Austrlalia on January 22, 2017 @ 5:02 pm
    I would be interested to hear if in the middle of paying huge amounts of child support anyone has moved on to successfully start their own business?
    This is not so much to avoid paying child support as I want to and do support my kids massively financially and as a parent.
    It is more for my lifestyle. I work in a hugely stressful job with quite high pay but after tax and child support very bad pay.
    I could handle the job if I saw the reward for it. I have always wanted the satisfaction of doing my own thing, I have had a go at it quite some years ago and failed, but that was a valuable lesson.
    I am looking at starting in 6 years or so otherwise.
    Would like to hear from others that have done this.
    By: DM from WA, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 4:56 pm
    Jimmy - CSA use the legislation to the letter. You should read it, you will find it located on the CSA website. If you read it and you believe you are entitled to an appeal, make sure you do everything within the CSA deadlines. They will try and get you to give up on a phone call like they did with me. They said my objection will be rejected. They said I could put in for a reassessment which would take 3 months for them to look at, all the details of evything you spend and what on will go to your ex to look at then object herself. So anyway on a phone call after telling me all this and that they would reject it anyway they said would you like to still proceed. I said no. Then in the post came a letter saying that on a phone call on this date speaking with officer ...... you dropped your objection. Just be careful of this. There is always the ombudsman, but they will only act if CSA are not following the legislation. You can also get advice from legalaid if need be.
    By: Jimmy from Queensland, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 12:07 pm
    Advice and thoughts please:

    Well where do I start. I have just that the CSA do an assessment on me again after my last assessment ran its course, before it was set at $3200 per month. Although I was not working....... Yes, they believed I was some millionaire. So with it being set so high I left Australia and moved abroad so I could at least live as $3200 per month I never earned, never mind support my other child and new partner.
    Anyway my last tax return was put in with a figure of 22K in place and agreed and accepted by the ATO but yet again the CSA have changed my taxable income to 81K this is due to a form 8 my ex partner put in. I have responded, as you have too, stating not working etc. I am stuck abroad and I cannot see my kids as I know when I come back I will have a DPO put on me.

    When I called the CSA they came up with the 81K due to my answers I gave in a AAT hearing in March which was to try and reduce the $3500 per month, as we men know a total waste of time, not the response to the form 8 I filled in last month. Absolute S.... but hey that is the CSA. At that time I stated I was getting loans from friends and family to survive which they put down as income. Absolute S... again.

    I was hoping they would use my taxable income of 22K so I could try catch up on my debt. Does this seem right? What is the best response as I have 28 days to answer. Please advice need to try and see my kids.

    By: Shell from Vic, Austrailia on January 19, 2017 @ 7:28 pm
    Lenny and Robbed
    Have an account in your wife's name only. They are legally not allowed to touch it. Or put any extra money into your mortgage.
    Get used to it because these arseholes told my husband that his first 2 children come first. Our 2 that we have togeather have missed out on heaps as we have struggled for the past 15 years. It not only takes a toll on you blokes but it surely takes a toll on the 2 nd family. We have been to hell and back with his ex bitch and we even had a restraining order on her. Start writing to Pauline Hanson and Derry hitch. This crap has to stop
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 19, 2017 @ 12:31 pm
    Thanks for your post RoBbED From Vic, well i did tell them on that phone call that i was not going to be a resident for tax purposes as i was going for a few years but all they did was pretend i did not make the call and kept charging me the same as i was paying before the whole time i was away plus penalties so as you can imagine it was a substantial amount and it has crushed me financially amongst a host of other pressures and disadvantages and to top it off when i lost my shit at the csa rep on the phone guess what i got "AUDITED" and they are still doing it from last years tax return that i worked hard keeping every recipt and a logbook for my work related car expenses and they denied me the log book and a heap of genuine deductions im telling you these cunts are ruthless and dont care about other Men at all my filipino wife is amazed at what is happeniing to me / us and it breaks my heart to see her suffer as we cant afford anything .... if it was not for her id have already checked out as in STOP THE WORLD I WANNA GET OFF"!
    It leaves me constantly dealing / coping with a whole range of
    issues mentally emotionally phisically im an introvert now when before i was a happy easy going guy who could make a friend anywhere to now... not talking to anyone has nothing nice to say full of negetivity cant hold a job short tempered and frustrated to the max and just generally fucking pissed right the fuck off"!
    So how do i fix it? play their game and be broke and pay what i dont owe because thats what its all about money money money no fucking mention of the most important issue here is there?" the well being of the poor kids who are now of the belief i dont wanna see them and their hearts are torn as i struggle in the background barely surviving they are getting the wrong messages and theres fuck all i can do"! its fucking killing me man"1 im broken into so many pieces i dont know if even when they are old enough to see me weather or not i will be able to function mentally enough to cope with explaining the whole saga to them so they will understand is it worth it?
    And also where is the senator for mens affairs? SURPRISE" there isnt one"! but that would be discriminatory to have one wouldnt it ...!!!!! Fuck me the fucking white trash bitches have one ..."SENATOR MICHAELA FUCKING "CASH"!!! CASH"! CASH"! How fucking ironic and i have to swallow this shit these cunts come up with OMFKING GOD PLEASE"!!!
    Im so over this cunt of a system what can we do? its too big a problem for one person to deal with... we need a senator for mens affairs and we need it "YESTERDAY AS A MATTER OF URGENCY"!! IF EVERYONE WROTE OR PERSONALLY WENT IN TO THEIR MALE LOCAL MEMBER AND DEMANDED IT MAYBE JUST MAYBE THEY WILL START LISTENING I DONT KNOW"! BUT WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on January 18, 2017 @ 3:25 pm
    Lenny, that's a fckin nightmare. One would think that if you submit tax returns then the figures are based on that.. Zero income = zero payments. Is it revenge because you dared to voice your opinion??? And some sht wrote it on your file? Don't talk to them on the phone, keep it all in writing. The staff enjoy poking and its too easy to explode into rage and say sht that doesn't need to be said. Write to them asking for justification to the amount owing based on what? Where did they determine that you had income in Australia?... I have a different battle with them and was personally told by them the only way to correct it is to take them to court. WHAT? Why should i waste my time and money correcting Govt mistakes? Its all a scam to keep the legal people in business and males (and some females) broke and poor. And don't forget the money market, they invest the money on the short term... oh and the tax, who pays the tax on free income to the ex? There is a lot more than meets the eye.
    By: Wife from QLD, Aus on January 18, 2017 @ 2:21 pm
    Can anyone offer any advice?

    A couple of years back my husband continued paying his ex wife for 100% care of his twins. 17 at the time but both earning over $320 per week. Child support informed us nothing could be done, but later called to have him stop paying for them 1 month before they turned 18. In all that time they were earning ALOT of money and he continued to pay but she was never required to pay it back? Do we stand a chance in claiming this back through small claims court? It's a total of $7000.

    I've also just seen that in the 3 years after separating you can save 30% on child support payments. Child support really does a great job of hiding this don't they! I've just worked out where my husband was paying $500 a week he could have been paying $200!!!! A $300 a week saving!!! Child support has NEVER given him these details. This is a total of $35k that he has overpaid this money hungry cow. Surely that's a form of theft and negligence on behalf of child support? This woman is living a life of luxury and we are struggling!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    1600. By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 17, 2017 @ 10:25 am
    I rang the CSA in nov 12 2012 to check how my child support stood and was told i was up to date, i the informed them i was going overseas for a couple of years to do peace work and re-build my [new filipino wife]wifes families home after a typhoon had flattend it , i was asked the following:
    how do you suppose you will support yourself for that time?
    what will be your income?
    who will you be working for?

    To which i replied : i will live of our [my filipino wives and my savings]
    Secondly i replied : i will not have an income, which was 100% truth.
    Thirdly: i am not working for anyone except volenteering to help those people in my wives family whose homes blew away and local people in and around their village.

    The CSA Man hater exclaimed " well we will get your wife to pay and garnashi her account then"!!!

    This is the time when i lost my shit"! after various exchanges of obcenities between myself and this piece of white trash rubbish i was verbally arguing with, to which i was surprised she went on for so long at it against me, i told her i was totally dissatisfied with her reasoning and her threats were against the law and i wanted to be put through to complaints immediately..."!
    I was put through to complaints and straight away i told the other white piece of manhating trash to listen to the recorded phonecall before i spoke another word..... i waited for 10 minutes and white trash No# 2 apoligised for keeping me waiting and said Sir i apoligise to you profusely this reprasentative had no right to say the things she said please accept our apologies..."!!!?
    I told her no wonder men commit suicide and shoot their exe's or the bloke who back doored him that is now living in his house playing daddy to his kids is'nt it HUH"!!!
    Because of people and governement departments that have absolutely no fucking idea of what they are doing to for the mostly honest men who are bieng discriminated, ostricised & persicuted only for the lack of fair and just policies that you are trying to enforce"! you should be ashamed of yourself playing god in your position i told her and if you were really sorry you and your entire group of work collegues should quit your jobs immediately and walk out in support of us men "!!!
    This hard line statment made by myself was met by a minute of silence by the complaints officer... and i said i rest my case and hung up and next week jumped on a plane and went to the philippines and did as i said i was going to do... i was out of the contry for 900 days in total or close enough to it, when i arrived in australia immmegration called my wife and myself over to another counter where they took their time but essentialy notified csa i was back in the country, i was broke skinny tired and worn out, i got a job earning great money when i put my tax return in they pounced on me saying i owed for the last 900 days the amount i was paying per month before i left"... these fucking cunts.... i am at war , i havent seen my kids as the mother thinks "i owe it" "REALLY" SERIOUSLY"! This whole place is fucked i cant describe how i feel but i know it isnt good, non productive to say the least... what of my new wife does she continuously have to watch me go through this bullshit and get fed up and find a happier life ... you pack of "DOGS"! Hide behing your iorn curtain while you can " justice and fairness and the big one CARMA Will prevail.. i spit on you you peices of shit
    By: Chris Meyers from NSW, Austraia on January 16, 2017 @ 7:49 pm
    Big shout out to all the decent Dads out there who just want a fair go.
    I suggest we start a petition on then spread the word.

    Maybe the petition could be to Malcolm Turnbull to enact an urgent review of the powers of the Child Support Agency.
    Secondly - to review the structure around payments to take into account family income not just individual income (especially relevant where a mother marries into money and still milks child suport.
    Thirdly - for all receiving parents to provide a budget for how the child support will be spent
    Fourth - to review the linkages between child suport payments and access to children.

    Happy to be of service but I think this should be done by the forum leaders.

    Thanks all

    By: AJ from W.A, Australia on January 15, 2017 @ 3:32 pm
    Hi community,

    I am really curious to see if anybody can advise me about this travel ban bullshit that they can do.

    In my last call with my "case officer", she advised me that a travel ban "can be put into place if I fail to pay". Now, I've got a "debt" of ~$4,000, but much of this is "remittance and penalties" WTF? I've been paying at $500 per month since she told me this.

    Conversely, I (stupidly) signed a stat dec saying that my ex can take the girls overseas any time she likes.

    I'm leaving for five days on Wednesday, I've already done an electronic check in with my passport number etc. Does anybody here think I will be stopped at the airport and not allowed to leave?

    Forgive my language, but if I don't get this fucking break, I will lose my fucking mind. I work in a high stress job. I was able to leave last year for five days.

    If these CSA pricks block me from my travel (all paid for) I swear I will quit my job and live off of the welfare state!

    Does anybody have any experiences in this area?


    By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on January 14, 2017 @ 8:41 pm
    Sorry to hear about what they have done to you.

    If you have a debt they can garnishee your wages, bank accounts....any asset in your name under what is call a 72a court order just take. Government sanctioned theft.
    The person or Company that the application is served on has great financial penalties if they don't comply.

    That is why .....if you have any debt....don't have assets or accounts in your name, joint account, partnership or sole trader....with your name on it. Only some trusted significant other, son mother father etc. If you are able.... a Company or Trust you are not the beneficiary of...or... cash under the bed. Yes you can file court actions to get it back....but that means money to solicitors and no guarantees that you WILL get it back. Money you don't have with no guarantees of winning.
    Its a shit system
    By: Mark from Vic, Australia on January 14, 2017 @ 4:43 pm
    Yes the bank told me , that it was the csa who took my height and a half thousand dollars , I haven't received a letter from them nor from the bank or from a third party , man they have just ruined my life they knock me down hard , yet still I can't collect my self I feel like am still in chock
<Prev 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next>1,645 - 1,596 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2020 All rights reserved.