Child Support Discussion Forum

Child Support — What does it all mean?
[+Add your comment]

Who wants to be dictated to by the State on how you support your children — what, how and when?

Whilst many views float around arguing for and against child support, most decent fathers and parents would argue the issue is not whether or not they wish to support their children, but rather the often unfair conditions imposed upon them.

Simply, it's an attack on the nature of a father's freedom and how he best wishes to raise and support his children in the many different ways a responsible father can, which are often more effective and benefical to a child than any 'slap-bang' instrument of government and statism can ever be.

For a father going through separation/divorce, experiencing the loss of family and children, horrendous false allegations, litigation, uncertainty of where your children are and how they are doing, often causes ill health, work and life instability in so many ways. Also, the effects from not having a fully functioning and emotionally present Dad in a child's life can be equally, if not more devestating as their development can be hindered considerably.

Then if that isn't bad enough, along comes an assessment from the Child Support Agency (CSA) for an outlandish sum of money based on your capacity to work at the highest rate when you were fit and able and on fire, which is possibly a stark contrast to where your financial position is today, or will be in the future if you are unable to recover from the upheaval of a traumatic separation that's often compared to a fate worse than death.

From 2006 CSA powers in Australia have increased to not only garnish your wages, but directly withdraw from bank accounts any amount they deem appropriate, siezing assets of any sort to pay the often highly questionable and unjust debts. As Fathers are assaulted with such draconian measures, one can only feel a sense of dictatorship giving rise to a totalitarian society — not a free Australia — causing fathers to unite and fight for their rights and freedom.

As there are many issues surrounding child support and the effects upon fathers, children and families,

Share your opinion and experiences about the pros and cons of child support,
lifting the veil on a most horrid part of family breakup!

Start writing a comment now...

    <Prev 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next>1,626 - 1,577 Comments +Add Yours Over 887,685 viewsSearch CSA Forum
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 9:46 pm
    All good Gary not uneasy though thank you for your sensitivity. Yes the Government can do all the snooping they like and, I think we would agree, in the present epoc the Government/Mafia can access all types of info on any individual they deem. The point I am attempting to convey here is whilst we operate in fear they achieve their objective of keeping us all separated. Any attempt to unite counters their objective. WE ARE COLLECTIVE
    By: gary from qld, au on January 31, 2017 @ 8:47 pm
    hey Trevor I am not interested in where you live at all mate I was trying to prove a point that anyone can snoop on you or you FB account including CSA and if you join a FB group there are snoop possibilities. CSA can see when you read a message through my gov account so why would they stop there. sorry if i made you uneasy
    By: SG66 from WA, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 7:27 pm
    Hey everyone, here is a good one for you...
    My Mother lent me her life savings $30,000 just to keep afloat and be able to see my kids (under supervision at $95 per hour, never any violence by the way, all made up shit from her with a VRO)and the wonderful Child Separation and Alienation people CSA said its wages and put the child support up to $1,200 per month.
    F'n great when your not working and on new start.
    Now they are taking $48 per fortnight to pay the arrears but still leaving it at $1,200 per month and they new about the loan all the way through.
    Human fuck'n services hey???
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 3:59 pm
    No I do not though I am interested in knowing why you are interested in knowing where I live?
    By: gary from qld, au on January 31, 2017 @ 9:14 am
    Trevor Watson do you live in shellharbour NSW
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:45 am
    Lenny and Chris you both fill my heart with hope for us all......NOT. Seriously what a perfect way to start your day with total oppression. Your comments do nothing to assist readers here. Winge all you want just know that we don't need it. I for will NEVER accept the oppression and attack on our CIVIL RIGHTS. I will continue to search for solutions in a positive light. My best wishes boys.
    1620. By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:22 am
    Hey Kris, Don has made some great practical suggestions worth giving a shot. It has worked for him. You seem to have accepted your fate by projecting forward 5yrs. We need to believe that we can change our circumstances otherwise we become victim to this rort. This just feeds and motivates the arseholes who continue to steal from their fellow man/woman. Only WE can change this.
    By: lenny from N.T., Australia on January 31, 2017 @ 8:17 am
    Kris you said it "RIGHT MATE" the whole system is a machine designed to keep us all under "FULL CONTROL" And the maggots get rich and us kept poor"! that automatically gives them power to do whatever it takes to keep us there "UNDER CONTROL"
    There is no hope
    We are all fucked
    Even if somebody did manage to get up and attempt to change things would be kicked out sacked ridiculed or accused of some bullshit to justify kicking them out to "MAINTAIN FULL AND ULTIMATE CONTROL"
    Our governement is in place to keep us in our place that is their job
    so what do you think they are going to do if one of us gets up and upsets their little luxury nest????
    pretty easy fkn awnser

    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on January 30, 2017 @ 10:39 pm
    Hi to all paying parents, csa/ family flaw multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new stolen generation and domestic violence.
    In 2022 I'll say fk off to csa ,after 17.5 years of paying top dollar,for a child taken to another state,without my consent.
    My son will say fk off to me after 17.5 years of being lied to poisoned and isolated from me.
    I think that petitions or other group actions wont do too much. Do you think these scum lawers and legal maggots/politicians ,who make billions on this bullshit show called family law, will just walk away from their money bag and their lifestyle it gives them?. The legal system is buddy buddy with those scum politicians .
    Maybe try contacting crocodile dundee or Russell Crowe or even dick smith to shed some light on this fking disaster.
    2022 this sentence is over for me and im counting every day.
    Revolution dreaming, Trump 2 for OZ.
    By: Trevor Watson from NSW, Australia on January 29, 2017 @ 8:24 pm
    Hey Gary,
    The group invites all supporters choosing to support our course. Uncles aunts, Grandparents, Sisters, brothers, children, friends, observers, work colleagues, authorities, anyone who gives a fuck. Come on dude let's try some positively and less paranoia. Feel the love man. Let's amoungst it. WE ARE COLLECTIVE.
    By: gary from qld, au on January 28, 2017 @ 7:42 pm
    Keith Owen as you face book group seems a good idea, but its just another avenue the CSA can monitor and if people put there real names on there face book account it just makes it easier for CSA snoop on your members
    By: Don from nsw, Australia on January 27, 2017 @ 5:20 pm
    I just won Back $3500 from a faulty ":estimate" some hints to follow:
    1.Keep a dairy of each contact Date receipt no person
    2.Insist on copy of Cuba notes posted to you, These are the notes they put on their computer. Mostly will be lies,
    Insist on copy of recording they make with each call
    3. check your recollection or recording received against Cuba notes
    4.Insist on a case Manager from day one. This pushes you up the ladder to a higher level and prevents you getting calls from all over Australia by people that know nothing of your case.
    5. If you had been "private collect" then changed to "agency collect" you have on "opt in time to respond" of at least 28 days. All CS staff will deny this and lock in the generally requested three month back pay
    5 Do not give them your email, Insist on post.
    6. Do not give them an estimate until you understand all its implications
    7. use this to find their rules
    8. Also use this
    9. don't be afraid to send a "formal complaint" if they have not followed the rules
    10 If you have no money to pay they will record this as a "refusal to pay" and will not tell you you can apply not to pay anything under financial hardship
    "Change of assessment in special circumstances (CS) 277-03120000" and/ or "Minimum annual rate to nil - Reducing child support assessments 277-03100000"
    11. If coming of "private collect" this means your ex has applied under an "AFC" "Application for Child Support to be collected 277-04030000" despite what the document says The "acceptance date" is when the request was placed it cant be locked in for at least 28 days after. If hassled get a letter from them refusing to change and take them to the "AAT"
    12. Put in your letter to AAT that this is strictly a procedural thing and that Child Support should be on the phone when determining the outcome other wise it will be your ex on the phone
    By: Keith Owen from Queensland, Australia on January 27, 2017 @ 11:12 am
    Hi Folks, I admin a Facebook group called "Child Support Australia - Time for Reform and Fairness". We currently sit at around 5,400 members. Out of this group we have commenced some significant activities and have formed a sub group intending to lodge formal complaints to the Human Rights Commission. We have also conducted our own research and found (surprise surprise) extensive corruption and systemic official misconduct. We have some political support and our research is about to be tabled in Parliament for us by a sympathetic Senator. We have lots more planned. Why not join us over at this group - look for us on Facebook.
    By: Oscar from SA, Australia on January 23, 2017 @ 6:57 pm
    Pas and Jimmy

    Pas - don't think she can back date anything 3 years. 3 months is the most from memory, but if you had an agreement, and you met that agreement, then I find it difficult to think she could get anything turned over - contract is contract.

    jimmy - have just been through those processes, so if you want to chat about it, give me your contact info and I will give you a call.
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 23, 2017 @ 8:09 am
    Hey there you blokes, if you are getting hassled by the CSA here is something you can do".

    Laurie Fittock
    CSA Help

    I was paying the wrong amount by far', and he helped me get a new assesment that saved me a shitload... it cost me about 1200 for 1 years representation but those people dont call me anymore they have to call him and he deals with them he calls me from time to time to touch base is all.
    Now we are persueing the 900 days i was out of the country and not a resident for tax purposes where on return CSA charged me for the whole time i was away based on the assesment in place at the time i was still in the country..... it was a shit load and the only way you CANNOT" be held responsible for paying child support is in their legislation and it is if your dead or a non resident for tax purposes which i was... And they did not give a fuck about the legislation it was the perception of a csa representative and she made that decision so we are fighting that to get compensation from them ... then i am going to sue them for whatever i can.

    So in terms of help and good advice for you.... give Laurie a ring and tell him Lenny from darwin on F4J Website put you on to him have a talk and he will either be able to help or not but he morethanlikely will be able to help you.

    I tell you that it has been soooooo good not having to deal with csa on the phone or at all just let laurie and his team do it and you can at least keep your sanity

    Just thought id share that bit of good news
    stay strong keep your shit together i know its hard but theres more than one way to skin a cat
    By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 8:34 pm
    Who the hell are they to dictate what we do in our lives and what we have to pay and when we have to pay how long we have to pay what we have to do for our children make it fair 50 50 care from both parties or they don't get shit from no father cause they know the more they keep the father away the more money they get cause of this percentage care shit our x partners have left us there at fault and need to stand on there own two feet to a certain extent no one should be controlling our pay nor touch our bank accounts or any of that crap we should all stop work and cancel bank accounts and see where there going to get there money from so pissed off 😡
    1610. By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 7:40 pm
    We need a massive protest Australia wide to show how serious we are and take a stance towards the government in the streets this is a joke and we can't just talk about it let's do something.
    By: John from Victoria , Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 6:38 pm
    Hi I'm a single dad that doesn't see his 3 year old daughter pay child support been to mediation and she knocked it back still waiting for my certificate to go court she has disappeared somewhere who knows where so I can't see my daughter it's so un fair that I work so hard and do over time extra shifts just to live and pay bills and a mortgage that I get hit with financial year you made more you pay more this needs to be changed and made to be on your net wage not your gross wage I do see why some fathers leave there job and go on the dole I write in a diary every second day and always write a note in my phone on her bday wishing her happy bday and stuff we have to pay so much in tax as it is cause of our wage but then where hit with child support how is this all so fair to us single dads might as well throw us in the gutter and drown us I get it's my daughter and I have to pay some money but it doesn't cost 1500 a month for one kid and the x gets to sit at home and drive a bmw around and live it up while her mother smokes pot and I'm slaving away for what to go backwards something needs to change in this system and make it easier for us single dads and get these mothers off there butts and get a job also.
    By: Pas from South Australia, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 6:04 pm
    hello there
    my ex partner and i have had a private arrangement for 3 years which we both agreed on and also notified centerlink

    one of the children are now living with me there for i want to change the amount of child support i am paying.

    my ex partner is now saying i need to back pay her the correct amount for the 3 years. is that correct? i haven't spoken to child support yet but if we had an agreed private arrangement and now that one of the children are living with me firstly m i with in my rights to review that amount i am paying and secondly can she actually make a claim with child support for me to back pay 3 years ?
    By: DM from WA, Austrlalia on January 22, 2017 @ 5:02 pm
    I would be interested to hear if in the middle of paying huge amounts of child support anyone has moved on to successfully start their own business?
    This is not so much to avoid paying child support as I want to and do support my kids massively financially and as a parent.
    It is more for my lifestyle. I work in a hugely stressful job with quite high pay but after tax and child support very bad pay.
    I could handle the job if I saw the reward for it. I have always wanted the satisfaction of doing my own thing, I have had a go at it quite some years ago and failed, but that was a valuable lesson.
    I am looking at starting in 6 years or so otherwise.
    Would like to hear from others that have done this.
    By: DM from WA, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 4:56 pm
    Jimmy - CSA use the legislation to the letter. You should read it, you will find it located on the CSA website. If you read it and you believe you are entitled to an appeal, make sure you do everything within the CSA deadlines. They will try and get you to give up on a phone call like they did with me. They said my objection will be rejected. They said I could put in for a reassessment which would take 3 months for them to look at, all the details of evything you spend and what on will go to your ex to look at then object herself. So anyway on a phone call after telling me all this and that they would reject it anyway they said would you like to still proceed. I said no. Then in the post came a letter saying that on a phone call on this date speaking with officer ...... you dropped your objection. Just be careful of this. There is always the ombudsman, but they will only act if CSA are not following the legislation. You can also get advice from legalaid if need be.
    By: Jimmy from Queensland, Australia on January 22, 2017 @ 12:07 pm
    Advice and thoughts please:

    Well where do I start. I have just that the CSA do an assessment on me again after my last assessment ran its course, before it was set at $3200 per month. Although I was not working....... Yes, they believed I was some millionaire. So with it being set so high I left Australia and moved abroad so I could at least live as $3200 per month I never earned, never mind support my other child and new partner.
    Anyway my last tax return was put in with a figure of 22K in place and agreed and accepted by the ATO but yet again the CSA have changed my taxable income to 81K this is due to a form 8 my ex partner put in. I have responded, as you have too, stating not working etc. I am stuck abroad and I cannot see my kids as I know when I come back I will have a DPO put on me.

    When I called the CSA they came up with the 81K due to my answers I gave in a AAT hearing in March which was to try and reduce the $3500 per month, as we men know a total waste of time, not the response to the form 8 I filled in last month. Absolute S.... but hey that is the CSA. At that time I stated I was getting loans from friends and family to survive which they put down as income. Absolute S... again.

    I was hoping they would use my taxable income of 22K so I could try catch up on my debt. Does this seem right? What is the best response as I have 28 days to answer. Please advice need to try and see my kids.

    By: Shell from Vic, Austrailia on January 19, 2017 @ 7:28 pm
    Lenny and Robbed
    Have an account in your wife's name only. They are legally not allowed to touch it. Or put any extra money into your mortgage.
    Get used to it because these arseholes told my husband that his first 2 children come first. Our 2 that we have togeather have missed out on heaps as we have struggled for the past 15 years. It not only takes a toll on you blokes but it surely takes a toll on the 2 nd family. We have been to hell and back with his ex bitch and we even had a restraining order on her. Start writing to Pauline Hanson and Derry hitch. This crap has to stop
    By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 19, 2017 @ 12:31 pm
    Thanks for your post RoBbED From Vic, well i did tell them on that phone call that i was not going to be a resident for tax purposes as i was going for a few years but all they did was pretend i did not make the call and kept charging me the same as i was paying before the whole time i was away plus penalties so as you can imagine it was a substantial amount and it has crushed me financially amongst a host of other pressures and disadvantages and to top it off when i lost my shit at the csa rep on the phone guess what i got "AUDITED" and they are still doing it from last years tax return that i worked hard keeping every recipt and a logbook for my work related car expenses and they denied me the log book and a heap of genuine deductions im telling you these cunts are ruthless and dont care about other Men at all my filipino wife is amazed at what is happeniing to me / us and it breaks my heart to see her suffer as we cant afford anything .... if it was not for her id have already checked out as in STOP THE WORLD I WANNA GET OFF"!
    It leaves me constantly dealing / coping with a whole range of
    issues mentally emotionally phisically im an introvert now when before i was a happy easy going guy who could make a friend anywhere to now... not talking to anyone has nothing nice to say full of negetivity cant hold a job short tempered and frustrated to the max and just generally fucking pissed right the fuck off"!
    So how do i fix it? play their game and be broke and pay what i dont owe because thats what its all about money money money no fucking mention of the most important issue here is there?" the well being of the poor kids who are now of the belief i dont wanna see them and their hearts are torn as i struggle in the background barely surviving they are getting the wrong messages and theres fuck all i can do"! its fucking killing me man"1 im broken into so many pieces i dont know if even when they are old enough to see me weather or not i will be able to function mentally enough to cope with explaining the whole saga to them so they will understand is it worth it?
    And also where is the senator for mens affairs? SURPRISE" there isnt one"! but that would be discriminatory to have one wouldnt it ...!!!!! Fuck me the fucking white trash bitches have one ..."SENATOR MICHAELA FUCKING "CASH"!!! CASH"! CASH"! How fucking ironic and i have to swallow this shit these cunts come up with OMFKING GOD PLEASE"!!!
    Im so over this cunt of a system what can we do? its too big a problem for one person to deal with... we need a senator for mens affairs and we need it "YESTERDAY AS A MATTER OF URGENCY"!! IF EVERYONE WROTE OR PERSONALLY WENT IN TO THEIR MALE LOCAL MEMBER AND DEMANDED IT MAYBE JUST MAYBE THEY WILL START LISTENING I DONT KNOW"! BUT WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING.
    By: RoBbEd from VIC, AUST on January 18, 2017 @ 3:25 pm
    Lenny, that's a fckin nightmare. One would think that if you submit tax returns then the figures are based on that.. Zero income = zero payments. Is it revenge because you dared to voice your opinion??? And some sht wrote it on your file? Don't talk to them on the phone, keep it all in writing. The staff enjoy poking and its too easy to explode into rage and say sht that doesn't need to be said. Write to them asking for justification to the amount owing based on what? Where did they determine that you had income in Australia?... I have a different battle with them and was personally told by them the only way to correct it is to take them to court. WHAT? Why should i waste my time and money correcting Govt mistakes? Its all a scam to keep the legal people in business and males (and some females) broke and poor. And don't forget the money market, they invest the money on the short term... oh and the tax, who pays the tax on free income to the ex? There is a lot more than meets the eye.
    By: Wife from QLD, Aus on January 18, 2017 @ 2:21 pm
    Can anyone offer any advice?

    A couple of years back my husband continued paying his ex wife for 100% care of his twins. 17 at the time but both earning over $320 per week. Child support informed us nothing could be done, but later called to have him stop paying for them 1 month before they turned 18. In all that time they were earning ALOT of money and he continued to pay but she was never required to pay it back? Do we stand a chance in claiming this back through small claims court? It's a total of $7000.

    I've also just seen that in the 3 years after separating you can save 30% on child support payments. Child support really does a great job of hiding this don't they! I've just worked out where my husband was paying $500 a week he could have been paying $200!!!! A $300 a week saving!!! Child support has NEVER given him these details. This is a total of $35k that he has overpaid this money hungry cow. Surely that's a form of theft and negligence on behalf of child support? This woman is living a life of luxury and we are struggling!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    1600. By: Lenny from N.T., Australia on January 17, 2017 @ 10:25 am
    I rang the CSA in nov 12 2012 to check how my child support stood and was told i was up to date, i the informed them i was going overseas for a couple of years to do peace work and re-build my [new filipino wife]wifes families home after a typhoon had flattend it , i was asked the following:
    how do you suppose you will support yourself for that time?
    what will be your income?
    who will you be working for?

    To which i replied : i will live of our [my filipino wives and my savings]
    Secondly i replied : i will not have an income, which was 100% truth.
    Thirdly: i am not working for anyone except volenteering to help those people in my wives family whose homes blew away and local people in and around their village.

    The CSA Man hater exclaimed " well we will get your wife to pay and garnashi her account then"!!!

    This is the time when i lost my shit"! after various exchanges of obcenities between myself and this piece of white trash rubbish i was verbally arguing with, to which i was surprised she went on for so long at it against me, i told her i was totally dissatisfied with her reasoning and her threats were against the law and i wanted to be put through to complaints immediately..."!
    I was put through to complaints and straight away i told the other white piece of manhating trash to listen to the recorded phonecall before i spoke another word..... i waited for 10 minutes and white trash No# 2 apoligised for keeping me waiting and said Sir i apoligise to you profusely this reprasentative had no right to say the things she said please accept our apologies..."!!!?
    I told her no wonder men commit suicide and shoot their exe's or the bloke who back doored him that is now living in his house playing daddy to his kids is'nt it HUH"!!!
    Because of people and governement departments that have absolutely no fucking idea of what they are doing to for the mostly honest men who are bieng discriminated, ostricised & persicuted only for the lack of fair and just policies that you are trying to enforce"! you should be ashamed of yourself playing god in your position i told her and if you were really sorry you and your entire group of work collegues should quit your jobs immediately and walk out in support of us men "!!!
    This hard line statment made by myself was met by a minute of silence by the complaints officer... and i said i rest my case and hung up and next week jumped on a plane and went to the philippines and did as i said i was going to do... i was out of the contry for 900 days in total or close enough to it, when i arrived in australia immmegration called my wife and myself over to another counter where they took their time but essentialy notified csa i was back in the country, i was broke skinny tired and worn out, i got a job earning great money when i put my tax return in they pounced on me saying i owed for the last 900 days the amount i was paying per month before i left"... these fucking cunts.... i am at war , i havent seen my kids as the mother thinks "i owe it" "REALLY" SERIOUSLY"! This whole place is fucked i cant describe how i feel but i know it isnt good, non productive to say the least... what of my new wife does she continuously have to watch me go through this bullshit and get fed up and find a happier life ... you pack of "DOGS"! Hide behing your iorn curtain while you can " justice and fairness and the big one CARMA Will prevail.. i spit on you you peices of shit
    By: Chris Meyers from NSW, Austraia on January 16, 2017 @ 7:49 pm
    Big shout out to all the decent Dads out there who just want a fair go.
    I suggest we start a petition on then spread the word.

    Maybe the petition could be to Malcolm Turnbull to enact an urgent review of the powers of the Child Support Agency.
    Secondly - to review the structure around payments to take into account family income not just individual income (especially relevant where a mother marries into money and still milks child suport.
    Thirdly - for all receiving parents to provide a budget for how the child support will be spent
    Fourth - to review the linkages between child suport payments and access to children.

    Happy to be of service but I think this should be done by the forum leaders.

    Thanks all

    By: AJ from W.A, Australia on January 15, 2017 @ 3:32 pm
    Hi community,

    I am really curious to see if anybody can advise me about this travel ban bullshit that they can do.

    In my last call with my "case officer", she advised me that a travel ban "can be put into place if I fail to pay". Now, I've got a "debt" of ~$4,000, but much of this is "remittance and penalties" WTF? I've been paying at $500 per month since she told me this.

    Conversely, I (stupidly) signed a stat dec saying that my ex can take the girls overseas any time she likes.

    I'm leaving for five days on Wednesday, I've already done an electronic check in with my passport number etc. Does anybody here think I will be stopped at the airport and not allowed to leave?

    Forgive my language, but if I don't get this fucking break, I will lose my fucking mind. I work in a high stress job. I was able to leave last year for five days.

    If these CSA pricks block me from my travel (all paid for) I swear I will quit my job and live off of the welfare state!

    Does anybody have any experiences in this area?


    By: Neil Bennett from NSW, Australia on January 14, 2017 @ 8:41 pm
    Sorry to hear about what they have done to you.

    If you have a debt they can garnishee your wages, bank accounts....any asset in your name under what is call a 72a court order just take. Government sanctioned theft.
    The person or Company that the application is served on has great financial penalties if they don't comply.

    That is why .....if you have any debt....don't have assets or accounts in your name, joint account, partnership or sole trader....with your name on it. Only some trusted significant other, son mother father etc. If you are able.... a Company or Trust you are not the beneficiary of...or... cash under the bed. Yes you can file court actions to get it back....but that means money to solicitors and no guarantees that you WILL get it back. Money you don't have with no guarantees of winning.
    Its a shit system
    By: Mark from Vic, Australia on January 14, 2017 @ 4:43 pm
    Yes the bank told me , that it was the csa who took my height and a half thousand dollars , I haven't received a letter from them nor from the bank or from a third party , man they have just ruined my life they knock me down hard , yet still I can't collect my self I feel like am still in chock
    By: Robbed from VIC, AUST on January 14, 2017 @ 12:10 pm
    Mark, Did the bank tell you it was CSA? They are supposed to give you written notice if they issue a garnishee notice on anybody. I would see a Solicitor and get them to demand the money back as you need it for rent, mortgage, food etc. It is wrong that anyone, including the Govt, can steal money without a court order. The oppression in this country is way out of hand and the public servants that administer these laws should be accountable. You have rights and you can sue for misfeasance and/or malfeasance in public office. There is nothing in the constitution that states the person without the children must pay. It actually states they can make laws for "child endowment" e.g. to provide someone with income, which would be from taxes. It doesn't state they can get it from fathers/mothers who don't have the children, they made that part up.
    By: Mark from Vic, Australia on January 14, 2017 @ 12:48 am
    The csa took all my savings a week ago , and it was a large amount of money , I spent 2 years to save that money and at the same time I was paying child support , just a week ago they have stolen all my savings without telling me or even notifying me , my bank card was declined the other day , when tht day I found out that bank account was empty ,,, is this fair , I have broken my back for this money,,,, where is that fucking justice
    By: Supportive partner from WA, Australia on January 13, 2017 @ 9:26 pm
    Hi Stephen thanks for that.
    By: Roy Fleming from Victoria, Australia on January 13, 2017 @ 8:47 pm
    Correction: that email address is

    Cheers - Roy
    By: Roy Fleming from Victoria, Australia on January 13, 2017 @ 8:45 pm
    A lot of people commenting here want awareness and action to bring more attention to some of these issues in the hope that the Federal Government will listen and create legislative change.

    We can write all day on forums, but I agree we need to be in the streets to be visible to media, which is what a lot of people are saying on this thread. I have dealt with the same issues as most of you for the past decade and continue to deal with alienation of my beautiful 15yo daughter. I reckon we could definitely get a strong movement going if we do the following (just draft points though - happy to hear anyone's input):

    1: Start awareness of an impending public protest to gather everyone together
    2: Select an important day that's relevant to us all (I'm thinking September 3, 2017 which is Father's Day.
    3: Give the movement a name and use social media to spread initial awareness
    4: Have a platform (facebook page) where information can be posted to keep people aware of activity
    5: Get all the other father's groups together (online and offline) to join us
    6: Get women behind the movement too
    7: Plan the day with everything that's required
    8: Execute the day with heaps of media coverage
    9: Do it all again the next year, and the next year ...

    It's a lot of work, but the only way we can change anything is if we put action to our words. I personally am happy to help form a group of men (or women) who want to start work on this now. If we start now we can generate lots of media attention prior to the event. It takes of lot of motivated people to get something like this happening, but we can do it, and it will definitely work even as a start. Everyone's input is welcome, no matter how big or small your contribution.

    I have set up an email called for you to contact me and express your interest or even share your story. I will compile your stories as part of a document (like a dossier) to present to whichever politician is courageous enough to speak on the day.

    I'm based in Melbourne, but anyone can be involved using Skype, so everyone is welcome.

    Let me know your thoughts
    1590. By: Stephen from Queensland, Australia on January 13, 2017 @ 4:23 pm
    Hi All , I am not sure if this is the correct place to leave the below , If you live in australia and you are paying child support for a child who lives in New Zealand and you have a dependent in your care I strongly advise you call CYFS in NZ and make sure they have your dependent on file, I called today to ask some questions and I found my dependent child was no longer on file which meant the cost of her living was not taken into account when they calculated what amount I have to pay. The women who I have to say was very helpful , advised that legislation changed in 2015 in NZ and that if they did not have evidence of the dependent then they got taken off the system , however like in my case they had evidence but for some reason she was taken off , I now get recalculated back to April 2015 and will end up with a lower weekly amount to pay also. Guys it pays to check they have everything on file.
    By: Simone from WA, Australia on January 12, 2017 @ 8:03 pm
    Hi to your great dads who have not been given the chance to rebute any accusations that herself has offered. I am a Mother of a son who was issued with as vro which was unfounded and was unable to refute any of what was said in the Court because of the lies and innuendos by his ex. I know for a fact that his ex had defrauded the business of many thousands of dollars, she even told me so, and said she had a plan to get rid of her husband. since this time as a grandparent my husband and I have not been able to see our grandchildren for the past 11 months, and even though I used my son's phone, he was issued with a warrant, even though I had made a statement to the Police it was me who wrote the message to the grandies. It appears that as grandparents we are not allowed to see the grandies unless we (my husband and I), go to Court and spend several dollars and lawyers to have an Order for us to see the children. As pensioners and with living in a rural country town, distance is another factor, however it appears that we are on our own, and we will have to wait until the children are at an age they can choose to see us. It is terrible breach of respect and honesty towards grandparents, and I believe that if any of you have parents and grandparents, for goodness sake read all the convoluted Family Court brochures and do not under any circumstances try and contact any of the grandies if it is for your son, because the grandparents are the third party and the ex will contact the Police to take out a warrant for your son's arrest, this is the truth, we have had this happen twice. Recently in the media, there is too much advertised about how easy it is to take out a VRO, even to the extent from the Police point of view, a woman can get a VRO for the word "fear". Our son has been through the greatest hell one could imagine, but reading many of your stories, I believe you feel the same way. Don't you think it is time that us parents, grandparents started an "awareness campaign" to bring about justice for the MEN. REMEMBER IT TOOK TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE CHILDREN, why do these women demand and demand what they say is their rights, when they are the mental abusers and mental diminishes of the children, how they can manipulate the children to their own gains and lie and want all the assets and then claim huge assistance from the government and other agencies. I am incensed as to where the SYSTEM will go, but it is time for all to stand and voice their opinions. Remember how easy it is to say DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FOR WOMEN what about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE FOR MEN. Make a stand you guys, ask for help from the proper authorities, then if they don't help, go to the newspapers, radio and other media outlets, even FACEBOOK.
    I am concerned as a Mother and Grandparent that our children and grandchildren will become more and more hardened by society and therefore lose their ability to think clearly with respect and honesty.
    I rest my case.
    A loving Mother and Grandparent.
    By: Mark from QLD, Australia on January 12, 2017 @ 6:57 pm
    Just a pack of complete A-holes when trying to deal with.
    12 years of separation, thousands spent, thousands taken including 8 years of tax returns that were not counted towards outstanding debt, 2 years of scraping together the last bit of a $52000 debt to finally get the CSA mouth breathers and the black hole of souls ex-wife off my back so I can regain some ability to buy kids XMAS and Birthday presents instead of saying "Sorry kids, Dad can't afford it because they took all my money", only to get home today to find a back debt of $10135.53 because of late penalty fees dating back to 2010......I don't personally hate their staff but if in this lifetime if I get the opportunity to lay a giant turd on the desk of the asshat that pushed the button on that damn computer without talking to me..I'm going to bloody well do it!!!

    P.s government snoopers if you're reading this, I'm eagerly awaiting your court order...Pricks
    By: Stephen from Queensland, Australia on January 12, 2017 @ 6:09 pm
    I am at my wits end with CSA , I am sick of getting letters stating I have x days to call as you have not been able to get hold of me to date. These letters are BS as they have my mobile number email address and yet I get nothing , when I call and ask to be advised of the times and dates they apparently tried but could not get hold of me apparently they don't have that information , I for once would also like to speak to some one who can understand and clearly speak English. I have never had so much frustration trying to understand someone.
    By: DM from WA, Australia on January 11, 2017 @ 8:48 pm
    Concerned Wife - I am hearing you. SImilar story here. Luckily your partner has you to look out for him. Just don't ever let on to the ex anything about mental health, they use it against you as I found out. As if a highly emotional situation is not supposed to affect you, of course it would affect anyone.
    I know it is little comfort but the kids will come back when they are older and have control of their own lives, so long as it is only positive talk from you guys. As sad as it is, life changes forever in divorce and the parent you hoped to be is no longer what you can be. But you still have control over the parent you are when the kids are with you. Look out for that man of yours like you have been doing. Best of luck to you.
    By: Shell from Vic, Australia on January 11, 2017 @ 7:22 pm
    Tanya and Concerned wife
    Could you 2 please write to Pauline Hanson as we have done. I am in exactly the same situation and have watched my husband go through hell for 15 years his ex did exactly the same once the kids got to 13 that was it.
    Pauline Hanson, Derry hunch and any others you can think of need to know about what goes on. This affects our relationships as well and if you 2 have children to your husbands it is our kids that miss out
    Please I beg you to write to them. If you scroll further down you will see a few letters we have written
    Many Thanks
    By: concerned wife from VIC, Australia on January 10, 2017 @ 11:08 pm
    I wish I could do something for all these men being wrongly charged. My husband has been a 50/50 dad for most of his boys lives since we have been together, nearly 10 years. The boys are now 13 and 15 and their mother has manipulated them into not wanting to stay with their dad anymore. This has almost driven my husband to suicide. To make things worse, she is a Physiologist and runs her own practise, so you can see how she could get to her own kids heads. My husband would drive 6 hr round trip when they were little just to watch them get an award at school. He has been there for them ALWAYS. one son has not spoken to his dad for over 3 months now and i see the devastation in my husbands face. The older boy has just started texting his dad and catching up for dinner. To rub salt in the wound, the ex has now told child support she has care 100%. Although this is true, it is NOT what my husband wants, and she won't tell the boys to even call their dad. She lives in an $800,000 house, has her own practise, goes on overseas holidays every year, owns 2 cars, 2 harley's, caravan, boat just to name a few toys. while my husband and I have rented since we got together, because we can't afford to even go away for the weekend and she claims she only makes $30,000 a year. It sux. We both work full time jobs and try to do the best we can, but we are being screwed over. Yes, this is my side of the story but why can't assets from both parties play a part and both parties living circumstances, also the net wage not the gross wage???? I am sooooo frustrated that I cannot help my hubby's emotional state being away from his boys and now them having a choice, they don't want to see their dad because we can't afford to do anything with them.
    By: Tanya (me) from VIC, Australia on January 10, 2017 @ 10:59 pm
    I feel for all men and am supporting my husband at this difficult time for him. Only 4 years left of paying a ridiculous amount of money. We struggle, while she lives the million dollar life.
    By: Kris from nsw, ZOG on January 10, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
    Hi to all paying parents. csa /family flaw multi billion dollar racket destroying families and creating the new stolen generation and domestic violence.
    Just had some thoughts about spreading some awareness, since as some of you ,here, talk about taking some action.
    The saying goes "people power "right.
    All the writing to mp's and media dont work ,these pompous people don't care. They're the cause not the solution.
    So I humbly propose to get as many of us suffering souls and to create the most outrageous/crazy,loud spectacle this country has ever seen. Block the Sydney hubour bridge with about 1000 people chained together and mad as hell. With banners and loud pa systems. This might sound crazy but i bet this would create shock waves. And if they dont listen then do it again until change comes about.
    Revolution dreaming.
    By: Selina from Qld, Australia on January 10, 2017 @ 7:05 pm
    Hello fellow Father and Mothers of this disgusting system.

    Do we have a petition at or anywhere, I have noticed a lot of people have sent in letters to members, but there is nothing coming back and no real indication that anyone is really listening.

    What collectively can we all do, we have been all screwed over by the system and our ex's we need action now.

    Let's get some ideas together before they start resitting soon.

    I know this is a men's site, but hardworking people either men or women that have kids with an evil Ex, have just the same problems.

    Everyone keep your heads held high and proud don't let them get to you.


    1580. By: Aimee Isaac from Queensland, Australia on January 10, 2017 @ 10:24 am
    Hi, I know I'm a woman on the mans csa site and I think there are mothers who are not mothers and fathers who are not fathers. It should be 50/50 on custody, daycares, schooling everything. However the rules also kick the good mothers in the face not just the good fathers who honestly care about there kids. For fathers who ditch and run they use the information these sites provide to do the wrong thing by the children and mother too. The government laws are a double edged sword. I dont get child support havent for years, I DONT get government assistant for DAYCARE because of his wage and when someone finally tracked him he ran everything off to pretty much no wages. which i dont know if that made me happy or mad.. 1. I finally dont have to pay the full $140 a day for child care so I can work but 2. still ment I pay 100% of everything and 100% care. I tried to give 50/50 but he got a new gf and I got told Ill slamb the door in her face if she shows on the step. I do NOT think child support is unfair or take all your money, I know men paying stupid amounts of money to a mother without csa telling them too.. My ex was on 130,000 a yr and was told he need to pay 600 a month which he didnt, when he got to almost 20,000 they chased him up. He then claimed to make 25,000 a yr so went to 35 a month which he still dosent pay. Im the 1st too fight for fair n the child come 1st.. if you deny the father access he shouldnt pay for anything until you share the children, if the father dosent pay she should get all gov benifits and he shouldnt be allowed to see them. Maybe my situation is different to most but trying to do the right thing for my daughter pretty much put me in the situation where I get screwed by the government laws too.
    By: Pesa from WA, Australia on January 9, 2017 @ 11:19 pm
    Hi Robbed thanks for the advice I was getting worried because I know the x she will apply for as long as she can to receive child support money. I am hoping next year the end of school year that will be it for me. If she applies for continued support for uni I will indeed fight her.
    By: Robbed from VIC, AUST on January 9, 2017 @ 11:10 pm

    The parent with care can apply for payments after a child is 18 until the end of the final year of school. E.g. If the child turns 18 in April 2017 and school finishes November 2017 then they want you to pay until November 2017. I was also told by a Solicitor they can apply for more payments after that if a child does further study e.g. University... but you can argue that the child is capable of earning an income… it would be very rare that someone would be required to pay after the final year of school.… Make an effort to find out the final day school finishes (call the school) and make sure the asssessment finishes the same day, otherwise, write and complain.
    By: Concerned Partner from Vic, Australia on January 9, 2017 @ 10:39 am
    Is it Debra, or is it Beverley? Lol
<Prev 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next>1,626 - 1,577 Comments
Country ↑Go to Top of Comments
* Comment
** Receive notification when comments are posted
Add numbers:
  1. This forum and site is for the common good of our children. Only through venting our spleens, sharing and caring, uniting and becoming wiser, empathic and more loving men, fathers and elders, can we ever hope to become better providers and protectors, that come close to giving our children what they really need and deserve.
  2. Whilst generally an open forum, any comments deemed to be abusive or vilify members, individuals or F4Joz will not be tolerated resulting in comments either being edited or not displayed. Members may also be banned until further notice.
  3. Keeping this forum informative and educational will only serve it's readers in the best possible way.
  4. All comments including extracts from other individuals must be in quotes naming the author and/or website url.
  5. * For a hyperlink enclose in link tags - ie.<link>text to click</link>
  6. ** Untick to not be notified of other users' comments.
  7. Posts can be edited by user for upto 4 hours from time of post on the condition the IP address used is the same as when the post was created. If corrections are required thereafter, provide post reference and changes via our contact page.
  8. To cease notification of other users' comments from your previous comment/s made click here.
  9. Any comment can be liked or unliked and memory of such likes, indicated by a purple thumbs up, is currently based solely on the static or dynamic nature of the visiting user's IP address as user login details are not recorded on this site.
Hosting & Support by WebPal© 2019 All rights reserved.